Exclamation Complaint: xSainTx

As some of you may already know, I'm a reasonable and flexible kind of guy.  I'm not a huge deadline-guy, but when money's involved I strive to ensure that any debts are paid off ASAP.
    However recently I've encountered a new user on these forums, who goes by the name of xSainTx.  The thread that caught my eye was:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=264518

Nothing out of the ordinary, and I figured that in the time it would take me to set them up, I'd be better off relaxing and just having someone else do it for me (taking advantage of the strong £).

So he started work on the first day, ran into some problems with our security, and didn't even know the basics of modifying APF, so repeated himself three or four times, and seemed unsure of what ports to open, but after a little bit of decyphering, I managed to find which ports were required, and I opened them.

He then decided to ignore me for a few hours, and then eventually replied saying he'd be finished within an hour or so.

A day of not hearing from him at all passes.
    The next day, he sent me a message at around 3am basically stating "Where is my money?!?".  I explained to him that he hadn't installed the services as requested, and so he went to work again, and installed them.
    The next day he finished off the games server, and instantly requested money, by which time it was around 11pm - midnight.  I explained to him that we were about to restart the servers at the APC switch, and that I would paypal the money to him the next day, as I needed to authorise the transfer (due to bank security measures), but I'd do it at 9am the next day, all being well!

So I restarted the servers, and noticed that the services he installed didn't come up, and weren't set to start on boot, I pointed this out to him, but he must have gone to bed, as he didn't answer.

Today, he again complained, and I explained that he didn't do as requested, at which point he had almost completed the job to our satisfaction, we simply wanted to test and we'd pay him as soon as we were available the next day (tomorrow), but he wasn't happy.  At approximately 11:30pm GMT he abused a member of our night-team.  Who was working from my computer.  I'm pleased to say that my man acted responsibly, and didn't blow the roof (as I most likely would have done!).  He explained that he couldn't authorise the transaction, and that I'd have to do it at 9am the next day (tomorrow), at which point he started saying that the services were revoked.
    My employee then said that the money would be given to him tomorrow, but that he wasn't to go back onto the server until then, as we had to do some additional security checks.
    At this point, my employee thought that he wasn't acting responsibly, and changed the passwords on the accounts & on root.  xSainTx then had one remaining SSH/FTP session open, and he removed 3 folders from the /home/ directory.
    Two of which contained the installations he carried out, and one of which contained some of our personal files.

I consider this an unauthorised access, and would like to inform my fellow WHT members of this character, so that more don't lose files under him.

I apologise for any typos, or grammatical errors, but its 1am and I've just been woken up for this.

I've spoken to Dennis, and I have his permission to post this here.

Regards,

Joe

That's very childish actually. Thanks for the heads up.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

thanks for the heads up

Sorry to hear about it, some people are just thick

Yeah, in future I'll know to just do it myself! Or get someone more trustworthy such as Rack911 (used them before), if I'm really short on time.

Never trust people with 3 posts
    nu-metal.org :: coming soon

Originally posted by Joseph_M
    Yeah, in future I'll know to just do it myself! Or get someone more trustworthy such as Rack911 (used them before), if I'm really short on time.
    Thats right, you should have gone with Steve. If you used him before he proved himself to you, so if you found somebody as great as steve why not stick to him?

and that guy is an *******, deleting files and throwing a childish tantrum while its his fault all along. some people.

Eugene
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

You should know at lease a little bit about the person before trusting them with access like that . I hope everything works out for you.
    I am back....

Bad for you... I never trust 'new users' if they are not from an established company.

You get what you pay for ...
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Originally posted by KIAHost

So so true....

I know, I was thinking, I'll give this guy a chance, he's obviously new and just trying to get some experience and some references behind him. Guess he's just a lil kid with serious attitude problems.
    This time I've written up a contract for the new guy, reasonably fresh server, so no vital data on it and if there's even one mistake, I'm going straight back to Steve, and there I shall remain for the rest of my netting days.

Who is Steve?

Rack911, I think
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Originally posted by Angel78
    Who is Steve?
    http://www.rack911.com/ << the *BEST* guy for those kind of jobs.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Steve's the best guy for any kind of Linux server job, I'd trust him more than I'd trust my paintballing buddies!
    Anyways, hopefully the services will be back up by tonight, then its just a question of finding the files in our local backup!

Originally posted by KIAHost
    No doubt... sounds like a 12 year old kid, too.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

thanks for the nice comments,

trust my paintballing buddies!
    i paintball aswell what kind of gun you got?

ps. atm my net is seriously screwed up, if anyone here on wht reads this thread and has emailed me in the last 2 days there will be a delay on reply
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Tippmann A-5 & Extended Barrel With A Spyder Imagine As Reserve.

If it doesn't work out with the current guy Steve, you can definitely expect an e-mail from me

NICE another tippman guy. Heres one of my tippmann's ( have 3 + a kingman(spyder):

http://www.rack911.com/tippmann.jpg

*Pro Seal Front Bolt & Power Tube
    *Xcel Barrel
    *Reponse Trigger
    *Tippmann expansion chamber

sorry about going off topic =)
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Its cool, it was my topic anyway, and I'm not fussy about people dragging it about.
    Nice gun by the way