Thread: starting up.

Smile starting up.

i'm starting my own hosting business and i'm looking for alot of space and bandawith.i have some experience with web hosting.
    i'm looking for more of dedicated servers than reseller accounts. i would also like to know what i should offer in my hosting packages?

good luck

Re: starting up.

Originally posted by dalmatian101
    i have some experience with web hosting.

i would also like to know what i should offer in my hosting packages?
    you have a contradiction here

i do have some experience with web hosting i just wanted other people's opinions on what i should offer in my hosting packages.

Originally posted by dalmatian101
    . . . just wanted other people's opinions on what i should offer in my hosting packages.
    That will be covered in that Business Plan you're writing.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

offer 500 megs of space and 10 gb of bandwidth and charge $20/month.
    Alvin

offer 500 megs of space and 10 gb of bandwidth and charge $20/month.
    LoL...

What is so funny about that. It seems like a good deal to me. I have seem some people ask more for less and less for more.

Funny that he would recommend a plan, without knowing anything about the person's business or plan. Never mind.

Don't take this personal, but if you're asking your competition what your product should be then you don't need to be in this particular business.

Think of it this way. When Pepsi started do you think they went to Coke and said what products should we offer and what should we should charge for them?

Selah.

i would just like everyones opinion on what i should offer. I do have some things in mind but i would like to know everyone's opinion.thanks to those who replied.

lol you should really sit down and think hard, your plans are for you alone to think up really. Base them on how much you want to earn per server, based on the server costs & specifications. Make sure you don't oversell, its a i big problem these days.
    Richard Kelly
    Host Current
    www.hostcurrent.com

depends if u want to go alot of mb + bandwidth packages for experienced website ppl
    or small for individuals who just want to put a site on the web and get their own email addresses

Go looking for Dedicated Servers running whatever Server OS you're confortable with. I recommend ThePlanet or ServerMatrix. 1200gb/month bandwidth from SM, and 2000gb/month or more from ThePlanet.

With a TotalControl series server from ThePlanet you'll have more than enough space and bandwidth to host many sites reliably.

Good luck!

dedicated server

i can get you dedicated server at one of our data centres for $60/mo

500 bandwith
    40 gig hdd

hey for your business plan this seems to be a good resource to take alook at, has alot of other info on other things to.

Killian
    Note: Not all teens are the same and should not be generalised.