http://www.cnn.com/

Current live poll...

=======
    Was the war in Iraq a mistake?

Yes 66% 8623 votes

No 34% 4537 votes
    Total: 13160 votes
    ========

Keep following it as more people will case their vote within the coming hours....You can cast your vote now too...

Well this one was an easy YES!

I wan't to know more, really before I try to honestly answer that. Who knows?
    Beno๎t Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Was the war in Iraq a mistake? 100% mistake YES!!!

Originally posted by benoitb
    No one "knows." It's a question of opinion.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Thumbs up

saw this while I was there.

Great job Mr. Bush!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/04/29/ter...ort/index.html
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Easy answer, YES.

Originally posted by benoitb
    Same

If anything, it just recruited a s**t load more terrorists. So I guess that's a good thing.. for the people that make money off war like Bush.

My Answer is YES,

But where do i cast my vote????????

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

No. It wasn't
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Originally posted by sailor
    saw this while I was there.

Great job Mr. Bush!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/04/29/ter...ort/index.html
    From article
    The figure marked a 45 percent decrease in attacks since 2001, but it did not include most of the attacks in Iraq, because attacks against combatants did not fit the U.S. definition of international terrorism.
    Terrorist organizations that did not exist at all or were very marginal or had no way of getting in Iraq are there now and that is where the most of their activity is happening. I suppose US could attack different country every year, kill over ten thousand civilians there, attreact all terrorist activity to that place, and then say, this does not count. Yup, great job Mr bush indeed.

I think it was a mistake. Now if they had found hidden stockpiles of chemical and nuclears weapons I would have probably been in favor of the invasion as Saddam lied to the international community.
    Alvin

was it a mistake? YES
    however, i do feel safer not having saddam in power.

Saddam might not be in power, but we now know he was nothing and we still have people like Osama at large so I do not feel safer in any way. If anything I feel less safe now then before the war.
    Alvin

Yes it was an mistake. Bin Laden's proganda is much stronger because of it. He is probably laughing at us saying foolish bush... attacking 2 muslim countries makes you look like a cursader.
    Kerry Jones

I don't think it was a mistake in itself... Promoting democracy is a noble thing... However, the other reasons were false... The inspectors before the war found nothing and the soldiers after the war found nothing (except Saddam - finally!).

What is really worring is the fact that the country is in disarray. The war continues... It's like an infection that doesn't cave in...

A resounding victory would've meant something. What we have so far is a continuous struggle to bring order in a place where the international community intervened to "supposedly" do some good.

Taking things even further, retreating (like some states chose to) as a result of pressure from terrorists should not be an option. Once started this war must be won completely.

I just wonder how a new, fragile democracy can survive with those fundamentalist neighbors...

Originally posted by ilyash
    was it a mistake? YES
    however, i do feel safer not having saddam in power.
    Safer?

I think you might want to fear the Muslim extemists who will have control over Iraq soon or later because of this war.

Saddam might not have been a good person to be in charge of Iraq, but he never used Islam the way the people who will take charge will...

When was the last time a dictator flew a plane into a building? . . . When was the last time a Muslim extremist flew a plane into a building?

It was a big bussines for some, and a big lost for some others.

I don't think that it was a mistake. It was intentional.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

It was a big mistake. I don't think Saddam was a threat and while he was in power, at least the population didn't rise like they did when he was removed. If down the road Saddam did something nasty, we could've sent the military in like during the first Gulf war.

We should've concentrated on Afghanistan and get that country rebuilt and up and running.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Do I think the war in Iraq was a mistake? Yes
    Am I glad Saddam is no longer in power? Yes, but Pres. Bush Sr. should've taken him out of power a decade ago.

LOL, everyone's an expert in highnsight.

Was removing Saddam from power a mistake? IMO, no. But it's too early to tell it's effect on the bigger timeline. Maybe looking back 25yrs+ from now and we might have some indication of these variables and their impact on the timeline. We look at the small game, but there's a MUCH MUCH bigger game being played here, that noone can see.

[edit] typo
    Last edited by Aussie Bob; 04-29-2004 at 11:32 PM.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •