* Verisign Payflow Link question

I am currently implementing a shopping cart interfacing with Payflow Link using CGI/PERL. I have gotten to the point where I want to POST the required form NAME => VALUE pairs to Verisign's Payflow Link server.

Everytime I try to POST these values not using hidden input types from a form, but rather inside my PERL code using the HTTP::Request and LWP::UserAgent modules, the following server response code is returned:

"501 (Not Implemented) Protocol scheme 'https' is not supported Client-Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:45:57 GMT"

I have tested a form with just a button that submits the reqired NAME => VALUE pairs to the Payflow Link server and I get the correct receipt page.

As it stands now, I only have the trial version of the Payflow Link service until I can get everything working correctly.

Can anyone point me into the right direction? Is there sample PERL code that someone has using Payflow Link for posting form data to the Payflow Link server?

Any input is appreciated.
    -R

You are going to need to install OpenSSL/SSLeay from the looks of it, in order to get LWP::UserAgent to be able to post via SSL.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Hi cdgcommerce,

I will definately take that suggestion and try it. I'm just curious why the following worked:

I created an html form with hidden fields with the same data that I used in my PERL hash to send to the Payflow Link secure server and it worked when I clicked on the submit button on the form.

What is the difference if I submit the data using hidden fields from a html form or submitting the data in my PERL code.

Both data is coming from a non secure server (mine) to a secure server (Verisigns).

Note: The shopping cart will be on a secure server after all is working correctly.

Thanks again!