Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

managed.com , Where is the XO lines?

why i can't see XO connections any more?
      0 Not allowed!

Trace from the XO Network:

traceroute to managed.com (66.79.160.10), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
    1 GigE04-FRMT1a.ethr.net (208.37.26.1) 0.369 ms 0.323 ms 0.291 ms
    2 206.111.149.130.ptr.us.xo.net (206.111.149.130) 8.345 ms 0.246 ms 0.203 ms
    3 ge9-0.DCR1.DC-Fremont-CA.us.xo.net (205.158.60.161) 0.357 ms 0.160 ms 0.124 ms
    4 p5-1-0-2.RAR2.SanJose-CA.us.xo.net (65.106.2.153) 0.997 ms 0.802 ms 0.783 ms
    5 p1-0.IR1.SanJose2-CA.us.xo.net (65.106.5.186) 1.364 ms 1.158 ms 1.149 ms
    6 so-7-0-1.mpr1.sjc7.us.above.net (64.125.12.181) 1.564 ms 1.396 ms 1.332 ms
    7 so-5-0-0.mpr4.sjc2.us.above.net (64.125.30.178) 1.876 ms 1.628 ms 1.983 ms
    8 so-0-0-0.er10a.sjc2.us.above.net (64.125.30.94) 1.868 ms 1.674 ms 1.667 ms
    9 reserved.above.net (209.133.64.124) 1.847 ms 1.620 ms 1.582 ms
    10 66-154-102-52.assertivenetworks.net (66.154.102.52) 2.126 ms 1.891 ms 1.879 ms
    11 66.79.175.2 (66.79.175.2) 2.614 ms 1.882 ms 1.835 ms
    12 www.managed.com (66.79.160.10) 1.793 ms 2.572 ms 2.475 ms

Looks like it's gone...
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC
      0 Not allowed!

Re: managed.com , Where is the XO lines?

Originally posted by Ronikil

why i can't see XO connections any more?
    If you haven't noticed, they got rid of XO shortly after they put it in. They stopped using it probably 2+ weeks ago, not sure on the exact date. They're single homed again. Surprise, surprise.

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

If you haven't noticed, they got rid of XO shortly after they put it in. They stopped using it probably 2+ weeks ago, not sure on the exact date. They're single homed again. Surprise, surprise.
    Last time I checked they still state on their site that they use XO as well...

That's a joke.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Lucid-Felix
    Last time I checked they still state on their site that they use XO as well...

That's a joke.
    Didn't they originally have Global Crossing on their site too? Yep, another joke. And don't they advertise Windows Server 2003? Nope, they don't have that either. They're named Managed.com, but do they offer managed servers? No? Starting to see a pattern here?

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

i think it was a marketing thing to get more customers
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mainarea
    Didn't they originally have Global Crossing on their site too? Yep, another joke. And don't they advertise Windows Server 2003? Nope, they don't have that either.

- Matt
    Maybe it was just to create new threats on WHT about them because they didn't reached their 8 Daily posts about them

Thank you for remembering me, YAMT

Yes, managed is a joke what did you though... Maybe this time they will ship the servers in paper boats instead of planes
    ^_^
      0 Not allowed!

I don't even know what to think anymore, I kind of ignore Managed.com if I can. I may also be going out of my mind since I'm only 40 posts away from 3000 posts here, but who knows...

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

I find them them funny

I couldn't be bothered to read managed.com threads other than joining to see how bad they are
      0 Not allowed!

And it's amazing that people still sign up with them left and right.

I live in New York, and I guess Managed.com is almost like those people on the street selling "Ray-Bins" and fake watches and what not for $5.00 each. I mean, it looks nice on the outside, which is why people always buy them, but in a few days it's either broken, or you realize the watch doesn't tell time - and the Ray-Bins aren't tinted to protect against the sun.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
      0 Not allowed!

Isn't it Ray-Ban, not Ray-Bin? lol

Anyway, good analogy.
      0 Not allowed!

Exactly, Ray-Bins are the fake ones.

I have a pair or two somewhere lol.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mainarea
    Didn't they originally have Global Crossing on their site too? Yep, another joke. And don't they advertise Windows Server 2003? Nope, they don't have that either. They're named Managed.com, but do they offer managed servers? No? Starting to see a pattern here?

- Matt
    Oh this was priceless, I owe you one for this Matt...
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, it's been gone awhile. They told me that it was supposed to be up again 2 weeks ago. At least that is what they had told me 3 weeks ago.

I asked again last week and they said they still had the XO line, but were having problems. At least the network has been stable.
      0 Not allowed!

i think they gonna get it back ,because , they already installed the lines , connected the lines into the DC , so now stop use it?!
    its worsless...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mfjp
    Trace from the XO Network:

3 ge9-0.DCR1.DC-Fremont-CA.us.xo.net (205.158.60.161) 0.357 ms 0.160 ms 0.124 ms
    4 p5-1-0-2.RAR2.SanJose-CA.us.xo.net (65.106.2.153) 0.997 ms 0.802 ms 0.783 ms
    5 p1-0.IR1.SanJose2-CA.us.xo.net (65.106.5.186) 1.364 ms 1.158 ms 1.149 ms
    sorry, but it isn't XO line?
      0 Not allowed!

Traces don't always tell the whole story. Here is thier peers list:

http://www.fixedorbit.com/AS/27/AS27645.htm

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    Oh this was priceless, I owe you one for this Matt...

Same tired a$$ people... same tired a$$ story. You guys are still amusing, though.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

mainarea, Francisco, Lucid-Felix - What the hell have your posts got to do with this thread? All I see is a few very sad people with far too much time on your hands

Since none of you have servers at managed.com why are you even commenting in a managed.com thread? Its not very professional of you, because your companies may not do as well as managed.com and/or may be in competition with them you are jealous that they seem to be doing very well and have built up a huge rep in so little time.

I think you all need to quite simply GET A LIFE
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sash!
    Since none of you have servers at managed.com why are you even commenting in a managed.com thread?
    The thread starter was asking about the lack of any XO in routes to managed. You don't need a server there to be able to help him discover that XO is not an active carrier for managed.

I think it's also relevant to point out that managed's web site claims they have XO and they don't, they also claimed they have/had GBX and they never did. What they claim and what they actually provide are very different when the facts are provided.

Why is it that the same managed shills feel the need to resort to personal attacks when the facts are posted about their provider? The simple truth is that if managed wasn't making false claims on their web site they wouldn't be the subject of threads like this.
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    Why is it that the same managed shills feel the need to resort to personal attacks when the facts are posted about their provider?
    FACT? And there was me thinking that the individuals were just posting jokes about them. But then Watcher, you yourself would fall into their category .

Yes, managed.com do not have any XO lines currently up and running. No, its not affecting uptime. I agree people should post threads regarding incidents like this, but these very sad managed.com bashers never actually post anything constructive and just resort to personal attakcs and jokes against managed.com.

If we are going to have a serious discussion about whether or not managed.com have/do something they say or not, why the hell can people not discuss this instead of just constantly ripping the piss out of a company they are jealous of and posting posts that have nothing at all to do with the subject of the thread.

Every managed.com thread I see its the same few people. As I say, they lead very sad lives and have far too much time on their hands
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Personal attacks:
    FACT? And there was me thinking that the individuals were just posting jokes about them. But then Watcher, you yourself would fall into their category

Every managed.com thread I see its the same few people. As I say, they lead very sad lives and have far too much time on their hands
    Facts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Watcher_TVI
    I think it's also relevant to point out that managed's web site claims they have XO and they don't, they also claimed they have/had GBX and they never did. What they claim and what they actually provide are very different when the facts are provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainarea
    There certainly is no jealousy on my part when it comes to managed, nor do I personally attack anyone that uses them. I honestly don't care who chooses to subject their clients to the services they offer. What I do object to is managed turning WHT into their own support forums and posting blatant lies about the service they provide. Providers that actively practice deception affect everyone in this industry.

Those are my opinions and I stand by them. You don't have to agree but you could try disagreeing without the personal attacks...
      0 Not allowed!

Those are my opinions and I stand by them. You don't have to agree but you could try disagreeing without the personal attacks...
    I agree
      0 Not allowed!

I have yet another horror story to post about managed.com, which will soon be in this forum. The sad thing is, I have had a managed.com server, it's been okay, but not very good (and I have no means to compare since this is the only dedicated host I've ever had). I'm sure I'd spoil myself by going with someone like ServerMatrix or SagoNET.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    Personal attacks:
    <<snip>>

What I do object to is managed turning WHT into their own support forums and posting blatant lies about the service they provide. Providers that actively practice deception affect everyone in this industry.

What lies?

It's the same old people crying the same old song... it's clear you've got an axe to grind or nothing better to do.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast