* Mozilla Foundation Seeking Designer for $1,000,000

Hey you web designers take notice

The Mozilla Foundation is looking for a graphic designer to design its new online donations site, with the aim of raising US$1,000,000 over the next year. So far almost US$100,000 has been donated online and the Foundation is keen to build on this success with its Mozillion campaign, which borrows from the recent Internet fundraising efforts of several US presidential candidates. Interested designers must submit a Mozillion logo, homepage mockup and a design for one internal page of the campaign site by midnight Pacific Daylight Time on Friday 7th May.

mozillazine.org/articles/article4677.html

I hope you don't mean that they are paying the designer $1,000,000 - did you read the article?

Budget: $0. This is a volunteer endeavor

Yes, I can read. I'm glad you can, too. Are you familiar with the way newspapers and other media outlets oft compose headlines?

it is real catchy, I bet they can raise the million pretty easily. However, if a good designer volunteers, they can get some publicity

what is this? slashdot?

Originally posted by dravenmooree
    Yes, I can read. I'm glad you can, too. Are you familiar with the way newspapers and other media outlets oft compose headlines?
    I am, but does that mean we need to adobt their style of headlines? The title is just flat out misleading.
    Last edited by ambirex; 04-29-2004 at 03:27 PM.

Originally posted by ambirex
    The title is just flat out misleading.

The proper grammatical assumption from constuction is something was sought for a pupose. Seeks X for (a purpose). In this case it's a designer being sought for a purpose. That you misconstrued purpose for salary ... well, that's you for you. ;p While my intent wasn't to mislead, I knew there would be sufficient numbers of people who would miconstrue the meaning for one lack or another. I wanted to stir up some attention. Look, I succeeded Are you done trolling now?

Originally posted by amd_duron
    it is real catchy, I bet they can raise the million pretty easily. However, if a good designer volunteers, they can get some publicity

exactly!

I didn't ask if you could read. Clearly you can. There is no need for the attitude I asked if you read the article.

Yes, I am "familiar" with the way that media outlets word headlines to make them seem more than what they are, and quite frankly, since you seemed serious in your post, I assumed you had fallen victim to just that, since, in my opinion, it was quite obvious in both the headline and the article what they were looking for. It was YOUR title here, and ONLY your title, that was misleading in any way.

Not only that, but seeing as how Mozilla is an open source project and most likely relies upon donations, it would be very unlikely for them to pay a designer $1,000,000 for a design. It very clearly states that they are seeking a designer for a $1,000,000 donation website. What's the problem? I didn't find it misleading at all.

Ofcourse it is misleading

ORIGINAL HEADING :Mozilla Foundation Seeking Designer for $1,000,000 Mozillion Fundraising Site

HEADING POSTED ON THIS THREAD :Mozilla Foundation Seeking Designer for $1,000,000

I see said the blind man as he took the saw and saw.

I would do this except, they ignore my complaints of imcompatibility.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

knew there would be sufficient numbers of people who would miconstrue the meaning for one lack or another. I wanted to stir up some attention. Look, I succeeded Are you done trolling now?
    So you wrote in a way that you knew could be misconstrued, in order to stir things up... nothing wrong with that. But that is the definition of trolling, so why are you accusing someone else of doing it?
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Regardless, Just think of how much publicity you or your business will get being that designer? Would be a very nice item for anyones portfolio..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by pmoduk2
    I would do this except, they ignore my complaints of imcompatibility.
    Care to name any?
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com

Care to name any?
    My system!! lol

Would be a very nice item for anyones portfolio..
    Indeed so
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right

My system!! lol

Indeed so
    What system do you run that mozilla wont run on?
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

It runs, it just doesn't render the pages programming properly.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right

pmoduk2, as I said here you may want to sort out your non-validating pages before criticising a browser's inability to render "correctly".

Not a criticism as such, just an observation.
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

Very Misleading! I was going to send this to my friend thinking they could get $1,000,000 for a design and possibly some other things, but you crushed that dream. Can a moderator please change the topic title? Its very misleading.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Very Misleading! I was going to send this to my friend thinking they could get $1,000,000 for a design and possibly some other things, but you crushed that dream. Can a moderator please change the topic title? Its very misleading.
    You're not serious, are you?
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Can a moderator please change the topic title? Its very misleading.
    You are joking, yes?
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

It runs, it just doesn't render the pages programming properly.
    Then that is the site using non standard code.

Yup, I know now lol, re-learnt HTML + CSS, recorrecting everything. I thought that because other people had problems with different sites, it was an error elsewhere
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right