Question cheap unlimited hosting dot con?

hi all,

is it too much to ask for address and telephone details from a host?

i asked one particular host for those details. they claimed to have emailed it to me twice (which they didn't) then later on said that they had no actual geographic location.

could it be a scam? how can i find out for sure?

thanks

n.

Most likely they own a reseller account not their own DC so they dont want to reveal that. Their probably new!!!

It's hardly surprising really considering the business etiquette of the owner: http://forums.kayako.com/showthread.php?t=1593.

Kevin

Yeah...looks like you should steer clear of that one!

There are many hosts out there who offer phone support and dont make a secret of where they are located.

Good luck

I personally have a problem paying for products or services where the company does not provide a telephone number. I'm not quite sure why someone wouldn't provide sufficient contact information other than they are trying to hide from something or just don't want to deal with people. If the latter is the case, then they shouldn't be in business. Just my 2 cents.

I am not sure about other countries but the US it is illegal to sell products without a phone number and address being posted on the website. This is against I believe interstate commerce act. So 2 possibilities there either in a foreign country with no laws like that or they do not follow the law. Best to stay away from someone who cannot post there phone number or address.

Actually I have not ever heard about the Interstate Commerce Act requiring you to post your phone number and address, and I couldn't find the specific sub-section regarding where you have to post that information.

If you don't have a designated business phone number or business address, as most resellers do not, I do not believe you don't have to post anything since there is nothing to post.

It's a matter of free will and choice in a free market, so essentially you are taking a risk. Especially in a global economy presented in todays markets.

Some business' don't have phone support or a mailing address to keep the costs down so they may provide better services at better prices.

But when they say they do and continually say the e-mailed it to you although they just could of e-mailed you it again (or should be on their signature) it becomes a little fishy if you ask me.

Just to let everyone know, it hardly costs anything to have a toll-free phone number forwarded to your home phone or having a dedicated line, not to mention having a PO Box or mail forwarder. And if you have a really great service, there is probably no reason for someone to call you. Thus costing hardly if anything to have it.

So this might be a person that want's to bluff his or her (mostly a guy) way and you simply called this persons bluff.

My suggestion to you is to not be with this host and if you are, pull out and call your bank and or credit card company and block all ACH and credit card transactions with this person.
    eValueHost.com
    Value in web hosting.
    Competitive plans, pricing and complete toll-free phone support.

Originally posted by nukehelpers
    I am not sure about other countries but the US it is illegal to sell products without a phone number and address being posted on the website. This is against I believe interstate commerce act. So 2 possibilities there either in a foreign country with no laws like that or they do not follow the law. Best to stay away from someone who cannot post there phone number or address.
    I have never heard of such a thing either. I would be very interested in seeing your source that would validate this statement. Be it a web site reference or a Government agency, would you mind posting the source?

I stand corrected as I was told this by a friend. However it is good practice to do this and makes the client feel safer. I guess in a way this kinda of internet law as the domain record should provide all that information. So there is no actual law that states this in the USA just domain aggrements to provide valid information.

common

Are you serious? Are you telling me that you are willing to give money to a business without a geographic location? I think this is funny. It sounds like the biggest scam to me.