Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Vortech
    rockergrrl, it might be a good thing you did not go to Hivelocity, they are also some big time spammers.. There is a few things posted in the psoft forum about them spamming other hosts among other things.
    I know... Good thing, huh?! Though I could've used the money - except it would had to been a lot to cover daycare and gas to and from.

Host Department isn't a registered LLC in Florida. Their "Mailing Address" is definitely a mail drop...

http://www.google.com/search?q=1455+...&start=20&sa=N

There are 1960 entries in google with that address - just a different box number. But I'm not sure what it is though. If I had more gas in the car, I would drive over there and find out since its only a 10 minute drive.

They say that their datacenter is located in Fort Lauderdale, but their domain is located at Hurricane Electric. And there fax number is 954-252 2423. I think that might be a eFax number type of thing. Because eFax offers numbers in that area code.

Their domain whois is:
    Host Department LLC
    Jimmy Rianto Tanzil (registrar@hostdepartment.com)
    +1.866-887-HOST
    Fax: +1.9542522423
    1220 North Market Street
    Suite 606
    Wilmington, DE 19801
    US

That same address/same suite is located on this PDF:
    http://www.rentparis.com/reserv/ContractBooked.pdf

And further search on google...
    Looks like they registered their LLC via another company - because the Registered Agent is located at that suite...

http://www.state.de.us/corp/ragt-r.shtml
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...+Street+DE+606

Looks like Host Department is from a different country...

Seems like I remember something about them - like they were from Australia or something like that.

===

What they did isn't considered libel or slander, etc. It would be considered bad business practices. Business Law 101

Would it not be libel or miss leading to customers? We are in the middle of trademarking all of our stuff and registering copyright on all of our sites right now. But missing leading the public and customers once you have a trademark would be a big issue for them. I know a few sites they have on there have trademarks.

To be honest you don't need a trademark. BUT you need to prove they are talking about your company (shouldn't be to hard) and that they are making false claims against it that could hurt your business.

Serving over 150,000 website(s) since 1997
    Toll Free: 1-866-887-HOST (4678) or Intl: +1 954 252 2423
    We host website(s) from 212 countries!

wtf is that all about? im finding that a bit hard to believe.

hmmm, im getting some ideas here....
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens
    We host website(s) from 212 countries!

hmm, i thought there were only 193 countries mabye they don't check, if i sign up and say i'm from abalabongalo they might change it to 213
    Hyperconfused (™)

Well they removed it.. About time.. LoL

I really hate that HiveloCity.net.

Brad, do you ever get the obvious fake pre-sales questions, that praise Hivelocity?

Hi DIYHosting,

I am wanting to know a comparison between you and HiVelocity. My friend has been with them for 3 years, and says he has never had downtime and that support is in 10 minutes, and that they are awesome, but i'm wondering what you guys think?

I don't think you are as good as them., but maybe you can prove that you are? I doubt it, but please give me reason's to sign up with DIYHosting instead of them, if you can.

Thanks
    <NAME>
    That was posted 5 times in our pre-sales forum, in under 24 hours, all by different usernames, and all with slightly different wording.

It did give us a laugh for a bit

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Kind of but 90% of the time its just there customers running away.. LoL We get about 5 customer or so a month from them because of there systems being down. We just had one that moved over because one of there systems was down for like 48 hours +..

Originally posted by Vortech
    Kind of but 90% of the time its just there customers running away.. LoL We get about 5 customer or so a month from them because of there systems being down. We just had one that moved over because one of there systems was down for like 48 hours +..
    Ouch, 48 hours..

They do seem to be leaking their customer base a wee bit

Simon

Here is my exp with contacting hostdept, in chat because their 800# says they have closed their call center.

Elizar: Hello! Welcome to HostDepartment Live Chat Service. How may I help you?
    Ed: Please remove TYS from your site http://www.hostdepartment.com/web_ho...company/tys.us
    Elizar: ok, I will forward your inquiry to our upper management
    Elizar: Thank you

We will see what happens. This is a friendly request. next will be a warning, then our lawyers will handle it.

-Ed
    www.tys.us
    12 Years Webhosting / Servers
    100% Power Uptime 99.999% Network
    Colocation / Dedicated / Managed

Now this is funny.. LoL

http://www.hostdepartment.com/web_ho...department.com

"Host Department offers solid and reliable web hosting services since 1997. Providing web hosting services for over 7 years, we literally host more websites than Host Department LLC."

They even talk bad about there self..

So this is a auto script.
    www.tys.us

Looks that way..

rofl... nice script... really nice and efficient script...

Now they have a new site design and changed the wording of the pages, http://www.hostdepartment.com/web_ho...company/tys.us

Can't find a suitable web hosting plan with Host Department? Try Train Yard Software (TYS)

When before it was the other way around. they removed the "Unlike" BS. and have not removed TYS at my request yet.
    www.tys.us

Wow - this host is quite the pits. Personally, I'd never go with a host who openly bashes others - it looks bad on them.

Thats completely unacceptable. I can't believe they can get away with that. I believe this could be against Googles TOS, therefore could get them kicked off, or bring down their PR.

If someone gets a chance they should mirror the site to keep the evidence.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

This tickles me - it's on every page:

Go directly to list of other web hosts and find a sutiable web hostign plan for your website:
    For an automated service, they sure could do with a spell checker. (unless "hostign" is there deliberately, to pick up the typo's? - although sutiable wouldn't fall in that category)

Simon

If they don't remove this in 72 hours, everyone goto http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html and report this abusive behaviour. With enough complaints, Google will remove the offending site permanently from their search engine.

They are against Google TOS. Straight from Google terms:

"Trying to deceive (spam) our web crawler by means of hidden text, deceptive cloaking or doorway pages compromises the quality of our results and degrades the search experience for everyone. We think that's a bad thing."

Such abuses can include:

Misleading or repeated words
    Page does not match Google's description
    Cloaked page
    Deceptive redirects
    Doorway pages

I went ahead and submited even though they removed just because they still have so many others listed there and is still not right and is still abuse by google.

I also submited it. I have sent 2 emails, and spoke to 3 different people in their chat with no removal yet

-Ed
    www.tys.us

The HostDepartment.com owner can be contacted directly at the following address in New Zealand:

Jimmy Rianto Tanzil
    3/22 Bute Rd
    Auckland, AKL
    Phone : +64 9 4794914
    Email : jimmyrianto79 @ yahoo.com

The above was taken from: http://www.cfmcentral.com/jobs/memberdetails.cfm?id=136

Looks like this person was a C I H O S T reseller until he stiffed them for $60,000: http://63.249.159.66/403.html

And he also owns INFINITEHOSTING.NET with the following whois:

Registrant Contact:
    NA hostmaster @ hostdepartment.com
    Infinites NET, Inc (NA)
    NA
    Fax:
    3-22 Bute Road Browns Bay
    Auckland, 1311
    Auckland,
    NZ

Looks like they have not removed TYS from their site after many contacts.

Maybe we hosts need to get a class action lawsuit against them?

-Ed
    www.tys.us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast