Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Worth buying traffic?

Have you ever paid for traffic? Is it worth it?

There seems to be many companies offering to send quality traffic, and I need some! Let me know....

Greetings:

If the ROI turns out well for translating traffic to buyers, then that's all in good.

We've never found any place that can send visitors more prone to buying.

Hence, we try to partner and be involved in social networking for the largest returns on investment.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

There are sites like www.endlessvisitors.com and one of the WHT members amdac who runs www.amdac.com told me about his offer for sending visitors. maybe you should get in touch with him
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

I guess you would have to try it for yourself to know for sure, but in my experience it's a waste of money and bandwidth.

We ordered some traffic from endlessvisitors.com, so far it appears to have no effect on anything. I would recommend other methods of receiving targetted traffic.
    VisitorZoom - Boost your website traffic

I wrote up a small review on endlessvisitors. Waste of money, and i fell 300 short.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Thumbs up

i totally agree with dynamicnet. Social Networking would be best.

With the networking of "dynamicnet" on multi forums, I have to say they are one of the best in the industry with it comes for server management.

One major drawbacks of dynamicnet is their consulting prices. I guess what you pay is want you get in this case.

Sorry to be off topic.

i tested out with http://paid.iautosurf.com

It's pretty good since it's really cheap...but the thing i notice is you get more search once your alexa ranking goes up....

Your Alexa rank has no effect on your search ranks.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

alexa

isn't your alexa rank a direct indication of how you're doing though and wouldn't that mean your site is more revelant?

Hello.

You might want to check out:
    http://www.targetedvisitors.info

It's run by Dan (a few posts above!)

I'm considering using it in the near future to test out how it does.

Regards,
    Thomas Currie
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

isn't your alexa rank a direct indication of how you're doing though and wouldn't that mean your site is more revelant?
    It might make some sense, but search engines do not take the alexa rank in consideration.

On another note, alexa ranks can be easily faked. They're also quite biased towards web development sites because most of the people who have the alexa toolbar installed are more or less interested in this subject.

>http://www.targetedvisitors.info

Where are these targeted visitors coming from ?

Taketo,

http://www.targetedvisitors.info/faq.php
    When a website owner loses interest in their site and decides not to renew their domain name, it becomes available to the public again. We buy these domains which still receive traffic from search engines, links and marketing done by the previous owner, and direct this traffic to you. When someone searches for "home business" at a search engine and finds one of our domains, they're directed to your website in the business category. We use a mix of redirect traffic, full-screen popunders, and other full-browser-window sources to send visitors directly to your website affordably. We offer geographic and over 20 target categories so that you only receive visitors interested in your website.
    Regards,
    Thomas Currie
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

Alexa rankings help gauge your popularity and may help sell advertising but have no effect on traffic.

As for buying traffic, no one is going to see your site on a popunder and be like "Wow, I should buy some web hosting."

Google Adwords overall has a pretty good reputation especially cause you pay per action (click) and the potential visitor first searched on one of your keywords (targetted). From then on all you need is what your promise or better

Still, neither Google Adwords nor Overture are cheap. This is what makes this buying traffic thing very tempting...

That's true. He could also try to get slashdotted i don't know how it works exactly, but i heard a lot of ghost stories about it. People that were getting slashdotted with zillions of hits till theire server couldn't handle it anymore. Not my ghoststory though, i think it's a good way to get the ball rolling, so many hits your server 'thinks' it's a DOS attack , but like i said i don't know a lot about it, maybe your site have to be about hardware or something or is the slashdot story just another hoax.

No, it happens every day. Sites linked from Slashdot stories get so much traffic it often exceeds their monthly bandwidth limit by the end of the day. Easy way into Slashdot: Write a HOWTO with how to embed a Linux-powered wireless music server into a Coca-Cola can, bicycle, or other inanimate object.

Dan-I have a campaign running with you now (small one to start). I guess I'll find out, won't I!

Find out what?

This is a thread called "Worth buying traffic?"

Find out that whether your package was worth buying
    Letme know BrianW how it was, thanks
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

It might make people more aware of your site, and possibly get you a higher PR and Alexa rating.

Not sure about actual customers tho...

PR is not related to traffic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast