Angry Screwed by portalwebhosting.com

They cancelled my account without notice when I complained about poor sevice, and said I waned to cancel my account, and for them to e-mail me backups of my data.. WELL they responded quickly only a day this time, they shut down my sites, I had paid up to the 9th May, and have not supplied me backups of my data.

only one responce from them. a day after taking me down

Portal Web Hosting [[email protected]]
    Wed 28/04/2004 1:40 PM
    [pwh-sales #BWY-28123-672]: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. URGENT

We came to the conclusion that you have not been happy with the service for a while and you want to cancel ASAP. I realize that you have paid through the May 9th but seeing that you were not happy we refund in full you last month's payment dating back through April 9th. I did not realize that you did not make arrangements. Nowhere in your cancellation email did you state to leave you accounts active. You stated you wanted a backup and that was it. I hope you have better luck with your next host.

Sincerely,

PWH Staff

Does anyone know these people and can get them to respond and send me my data?

Its Now 10 pm Thursday an d no responce!!
    Kind Regards Colin from OZ

Well you can not keep e-mailing them asking for a backup or temporarily FTP access to your data. If you ask politely Iím sure your can talk them into that.

I hope things work out for your )
    Last edited by servage-stef; 04-29-2004 at 09:56 AM.
    Steffan,
    Servage.net | Affordable Clustered Hosting

I have been polite and nice about it, Its a bit hard when they don't respond and my clients sites are down.

aclass18 when is your last offline backup from? If it's not that old it may not even be worth the trouble trying to fight with them for the most recent version.

Have you tried calling them? http://portalwebhosting.com/DesktopD...aspx?tabid=176

A phone call may be in order to straighten things out.

Thanks comfixit, I am not fighting just asking for my stuff back. The dnn portal is driven by SQL and I did not have access to do backups and did not anticipate this happening, I can rebuild most if it from my copies here but I am looking at a couple of weeks work and possibly losing customers. I am asking for help in this forum as they still have not responded.

I have tried phone call, its ISD expensive and I just get put on hold in a computer loop. Could anyone in the US call them on my behalf, I don't think they have 24 hour service and I am in Australia 14 hours ahead. its now Friday 6.05 am.
    Colin Dixon ozol.com would appreciate his data back... aclass18 was my username with them.

Hey I have just had an e-mail a zip file I hope it's what I need.
    Thanks for a forum.

Ahhhh... it's wong, I will keep you posted

One must keep the hosting rules
    they are the rules for all others goodness and also you.

---------------------------------
    Turkish hosting Service
    http://www.uzaymerkezi.com

Well I have nearly recovered now, with some excellent help will post the story later, I have FTP access and all the data backuped up. It stresses the importance of keeping control of your own data and not relying on remote servers that are out of your control. I am grateful for the lesson I have learn't on this one. I accept that we are all powerful creators and we create what happens in our life. Thanks James from portalwebhosting.com.