* Wisehosting.net won't stop billing me

I cancelled my account with wisehosting.net back at the start of March but they still bill my credit card.
    I've sent multiple emails but they don't reply.

Apart from calling my credit card company anyone got any ideas on how I get them to stop.

Thanks

Greetings:

FAX them a letter.
    Send a registered letter.
    Call them.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Offtopic that's an interesting site Nicole. I have it bookmarked now.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

the wisehosting.net site? Honestly stay away ....

Sorry I was referring to the site in your profile
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

oh Many thank .... Should launch soon.....

Wow, sounds like my credit card history Honestly, they'll probably not give you your money back. This is what my teller told me: Send a certified letter, Call and write down times that you called, keep the return receipt of the certified mail. Once you have that done, go back to your bank and speak to your teller and have her do an affidav <--did i spell that right? LOL

I contacted my credit card company and they are being really nice. Just asked for the emails and their terms and conditions. Which I can give them. I think the rule in Australia is if you've been incorrectly billed they don't get their money and I don't have to be billed. So I'll see how it plays out.... notice now though that their WHOLE support system is down and they are saying that they have lost 4 days of data ... hmmm glad I left when I did. If I need to cancel the credit card I will!

If I need to cancel the credit card I will!
    It is right deal. So - good luck

Contact the merchant to stop the charge. You can do that easily if wisehosting is using Paysystems, 2checkout or Authorize.net.

Thanks - I'll do that

Yeap, and do chargeback for the unused month. Most of the merchant would be more happily to deal with you.

ditto nice site

Those third party charge sites are annoying. They are nice to deal with but the people who use them are jerks who don't bother to cancel the reoccuring charge. I'm always the one who ends up stumbling onto the third party charge company and cancelling my subscription.

It's happen to me three times and I'm convinced people "forget" to cancel an ex-customer's subscription to see if they can get some free money. Anyway I'm an expert now in the third-person charge systems.
    Sam

I canceled my hosting account with wisehosting.net, they kept on charging. two months after my credit card expired, they sent me a bill again, for two months. They blocked my domain name registration account in nomsol.com , both owned by same company. Now I just sent them the emails I sent them three months back to cancel my account, they wanted proof. Luckily I still have those emails.

Try giving them a call:

PH#: 1-800-847-0120 (Toll Free) (according to their web site)

Originally posted by HP2004
    Try giving them a call:

PH#: 1-800-847-0120 (Toll Free) (according to their web site)
    Good idea! Is their live support not working for you either? They answered my chat request promptly.
    Internet Hosting Provider NOW
    iHPNOW.COM - Professional, Fast, Cheap, NOW!
    AIM: iHPNOWDave
    MSN: unreald12@hotmail.com

nicolem- I just spoke with their support rep. on live chat. I hope your issue gets resolved. They said they will send your details to billing. Hope this helps at all

Heres the convo:
    System: Please Wait while connecting to an operator
    You are now connected to operator - Jason [Support Team]
    Jason [Support Team]: Hello, How can I help you ?
    User: Hello, I just wanted to warn you guys, wasn't sure if you knew
    User: Theres an issue with your company on wht.
    User: Want a link?
    User: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&th readid=266027&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
    User: Thought I would notify you, anyway you gave me a prompt response
    Jason [Support Team]: thank you, however we dont pay attention to WHT as in the past year or 2 all its about is trashing hosts and etc.
    User: Well I own a hosting comapny and I get good reviews.
    User: Most of my users check out wht first
    User: I'm just saying, you look bad by not defending yourself.
    Jason [Support Team]: You get good reviews as long as your always there, and your clients are limited
    User: I do local
    Jason [Support Team]: once you reach a certain point it un-avoidable
    User: I have clients and they're all very happy
    User: But I understand you
    User: I'd just figure the issue out with this guy
    User: It doesn't seem like a huge problem
    Jason [Support Team]: I will send his details to the billing Dept. right now
    Jason [Support Team]: I really appreciate your concern.
    User: Thanks, I'm sure all at wht would be happy
    User: Your welcome
    User: I got fast response from you guys
    User: I don't see what the problem is
    Jason [Support Team]: Im not sure either ! some times users do not follow the cancellation instructions in our TOS and their account does not get cancelled while they assume it isUser: Ok
    User: Well I hope all turns out well
    User: Thanks
    Jason [Support Team]: thank you, have a great day
    Jason [Support Team]: and good luck with your business
    Jason [Support Team]: bye
    Internet Hosting Provider NOW
    iHPNOW.COM - Professional, Fast, Cheap, NOW!
    AIM: iHPNOWDave
    MSN: unreald12@hotmail.com

Just call your credit card company and report it that they are not offering you the service and they are still billing you.

Cancel your credit card. And reorder one.
    Tsuki Hosting - Premium Web Hosting Solutions
    ● cPanel ● 99.9% Uptime ● Daily Backups ● Secure Servers ● Instant Setup
    http://www.tsukihosting.com/ - Lighting Fast Server Speeds with Excellent Support

Credit card cancelled - they have stopped billing.

They have continually failed to show me how I didn't follow their instructions. All they needed to do was tell me what I had done wrong in sumbitting the cancelation and all would have been fine.
    I can't resubmit it if I didn't know what I had done wrong originally.

They wanted certain details - I gave them all those details - what is the problem with that?

All Clients

Please note: Once we took over and had control we stopped all the billing and you should no longer be billed.

Try again now, we unfortunately for us but fortunate for clients bought nomsol, wisehost globalinterconnect and are honoring all clients claims as best we can.

Some great clients and friends we have made in the past few weeks in helping out people to get their sites and domains back online, so a purchase like this can turn out ok.

We are getting back to each client their domains under their full control in their own domain name account like it should have been all along.

We are crediting the amounts clients were overcharged for hosting or domains through a prorata scheme.

We have restored about 20 websites lost from a server which went down because of nonpayment from the previous owners.

We still have about 80 websites in archive from a lost server so do talk to us if you think your files are lost, you don't even have to continue to host with the service to get the files.

thanks.
    Quality Hosting Services for 7 Years