Trends With Hosting Sites

Maybe its just me but a lot of hosting sites tend to look alike or use the same formula for page layout and what not. Seems to be a lot of flash oriented headers and pictures of servers and smiling people. Anybody out there seen any really original designed hosting sites out there lately?

1 word : template.

A lot of hosts use the template sites because they look "flash" and they're cheap. The downside is that they aren't unique.

A great site is . i personally think that site is the epitome of professionalism in the hosting business.

United Kingdom
    Lots of sites use those damn templatemonster sites. I personally would refuse to go with one who is not wiling to be unique in any way.

Almost went down that path myself, well, bar the odd smiley face
    Nick Winton
    Support & Relations Windows 2003 Server Hosting

Unfortunately it's all about what the end user wants. Being someone who is hired to design sites, it's fairly frustrating following trends and what not. I love the clients that leave things upto our team to offer proposal designs, or ask for something different.
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Seattle, WA
    It is hard to find good people that don't scam you in work for this topic. But the sad part is the border between professionalisum and the cool look. I personally like most of what ceonex designs and comes up with. is pretty nice also, as to mediatemple is way complex but simple.