What to do with this client(asking your suggestion)

Hi Friends,

I am asking your opinion about it and suggest me what to do with this client?

1. I have developed an order form system integrated with paypal for gameservers.
    2. I offered this to a client. The client saw the system for more than 15 days in my server . Then ask me to do a little modifications. I did. Then we had an agreement that he will pay 50% upfront and rest 50% after I deliver the script to him and he test it in his server.

3. He paid me 45 USD on April 23 rd.And I delivered the script with modification and installation and detailed instruction on 25 th April.

4. Now he comes back and says it does not work for his purpose and went to paypal for a refund after my refusal to refund.

He says my attitude is wrong, I never gave him manual etc. in his complaints to paypal.

I am asking you opinion about what should I do?

Client is a US citizen and I am Indian.

Waiting for your opinions and advise on it.

Thanks and regards
    Krishnendu

I'd keep it.

If the product was working on your development server, and you made modifications (your time) you should be compensated. He's trying to screw you over (he'll keep the script, and get his money back).

Smells like a con to me; don't let him trick you! Infact, even though some people wouldn't find it good, I'd post his info on here, so people like yourself (lower priced-no offense) can steer clear. He viewed the product for 15 days, long enough to notice if it wasn't suitable, then had you make changes and now has the product--and wants his money back.

That really disgusts me.
    Last edited by mg-; 04-29-2004 at 02:08 AM.
    I specialize in neck beards
    Latest: Reach for Android

Hi mg,

Thanks for your advise. On april 9 th I contact him first...then he email me on April 20th regarding modifications. He paid me on April 23th and I send him the scripts on April 25th. Today he emailed me again saying "OK, this order form does not do what we want it to do. I understand it
    creates a custom cart, but it does not work with our system. "..when I chatted with him and see his requirement..it seems he completly changed it....then he went to paypal asking for refund....

Thanks
    Krishnendu

You made what he wanted, it's not your fault if he doesn't know what he needs. If he's going to waste your time, you should keep the money.

Hi mg,
    I was just wondering what paypal will do when investigating it.Because as far as I know since I don't have paypal US account(I have paypal Indian Premier Account), I am not protected by paypal Seller Protection Policy. What paypal will do in that case?..will refund the money to the buyer(Since Buyer is a paypal US account and protected by paypal Buyer Protection Policy).....

Is there anyone who knows much more about it?

Thanks and Regards
    Krishnendu

From past posts, I believe they will refund. You should email all the events and dates telling them that you did do the job and what was agreed upon was made.

Never do business without an agreement or contract signed Stops both parties getting screwed over.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

...if the client has been testing the goods for two weeks, installed the goods on his server and now claims invalidity, he's a con... my guess is, he's probably trying to screw you up, cause he knows you're an Indian, probably with not much resources and possibilities to fight back, so he'll, as already someone stated, keep the goods and use them...

...if the truth is as you put it, he must be a real a$$ to screw around for 100 bucks... that makes me sick... if he's such a big shot he should go to a US company and order his goods there and if he would like he could screw up with them... yhea, I would like to see that... doubtful...

If you have been conducting the business through Paypal, it is you who should file a complaint with the Paypal that the client hasn't paid in full as agreed...

good luck....

Airnine

Yeah, they might refund it.. So maybe give them a heads up, complain about him first. As long as the facts are straight, and you don't bend them at all, they should be on your side.

By the way, can I see it? I might want to buy it -- saves me the time from doing it myself

Also, what company did you make this for? who's trying to con you.

Hi,

I already emailed paypal yesterday detailing everything about it. I am going to email them again. My question is for such a small project is it possible to get an agreement signed or is it worth doing it. Because most us here do business from different countries..and entirely based on trust.....My forms and admin panel is based on gameservers.....which he saw for 15 days...where as his requirement(as he showed me after 3 days of taking delivery of my scripts) are of dedicated servers,web hosting and ventrilo....obviously they don't match...thats what I told him when he asked for support...I told him that you should be aware of what you need....because it has no meaning that he comes back after 3 days of taking delivery( and 15 days of testing in my server) and say that they don't meet his requirement.....

Thnaks and Regards
    Krishnendu