Thread: Radio Station

Radio Station

Any one know how much is costs to get a wave for a radio station? I am guessing about $10,000 a month if not more?

Why don't you just phone your local station and ask them? I'm pretty sure it costs more in each city (since you reach more people).
    I specialize in neck beards
    Latest: Reach for Android

True, I never thought of that.

If you find out. Please tell me
    My network of web sites:
    xBox-Talk.com - Balando.com - NewRoomTalk.com
    HumorHour.com - Ordigno.com - Playword.info

There are a lot of factors and its difficult to start. Generally better to buy a station than start a new one. I can send you some information if you like.

I'd like somoe information, You can either PM me, email me (carp [at] haztek-software [dot] com], or IM me on AIM at Hp1. Thanks.

FCC approvals are not inexpensive. Then there is the actual braodcast licences (even for low power stations) which are also expensive.

To start a SERIOUS radio station, be expected to spend not less than $1,000,000.00 just to get started.

Community stations (broadcast limited to a 1 to 2 mile area) are still about $500,000 by the time you get licenced, transmitters etc.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

I dont understand how people start radio stations then. The fee for just starting out is more than anyone makes in like a 10 year period of time.

Depends. A online radio station can be started for as little as the cost of your internet connection, or as much as $50,000 and more.

Commercial radio is heavily regulated thus is expensive to enter into. The commercials are what a commercial radio station lives on. And as they get more listeners and more popular, the more they can sell there advertising space for.

Example the #1 radio station in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada sells 1 - 30 second commercial for $150.00. Yet the #5 station only gets $75.00 and the #10 station is lucky to get $35.00 a spot. And usually you have to sign for a minimum run of weeks and spots. The average small campaign is worth about $4000.00
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

Oh, I see...I see. I'm not planning on starting one. I was just interested.