Thread: Anorexia

Anorexia

Earlier today, I found out that one of my best friends has been in the hospital for the past few days. As you may have guessed, it is because of anorexia. He had to lose weight to make his weight class for wrestling. Before anyone knew it, he had lost somewhere between 35 and 45 pounds in only a few months. This might seem good, but he wasn't very heavy to begin with, only about 165 or 170. In only a few months, he lost all that weight by eating a bare minimum of food, which you probably know is extremely un-healthy. Now, I am not even supposed to know this. He is one of the captains of the boy's track team, and I heard some people from the track team asking the coach where he was. So, I have no idea about the condition he is in, or even how long he has been. The last time I saw him was on April 15th (all of last week we had no school, though). I have no idea how he is doing; if he is eating... Nothing what-so-ever, and trust me, it isn't pleasent thinking about this when it's one of your best friends.

Now, to the point. If you notice someone, even if it isn't a friend, losing weight, try to keep an eye on their habbits for a while (ie. eating/workouts). If you notice they are losing the weight because they eat a leaf of letuce every day, TELL SOMEONE. DON'T let it wait until someone you know (like I said, even if it isn't a friend) is in the hospital, and you are left with just a few over heard conversations.

If this guy is your best friend, I would think after 2 or so days you would be wondering about him and making some "where are you" calls. Sorry about your friend, hope he starts gaining some wait soon.

My girlfriend and brother both have ID but that's under control, I'm a bit of a slave driver I feel for you, it's not nice to watch or them to go through
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

If this guy is your best friend, I would think after 2 or so days you would be wondering about him and making some "where are you" calls.
    Well, Monday and Tuesday I just assumed he had a small cold or whatever. I didn't expect him to be in the hospital. By today I started asking around if anyone had heard anything. And I do plan on calling tomorrow, now that I know his situation.

That's not so bad, sometimes I don't call some of my friends for weeks lol
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company