Pimp My Power Wheel

Yup you read right! Its my latest project, Pimp My Power Wheel

For all of you who do not know what a power wheel is,Check Here.

I recieved this powerwheel for free, the engines work, but the gears do not. I also have an engine that was meant for something else, but it is going to used on this to propell this powerwheel at aprox. ~20mph (regularly ~3mph) I've figured out how I'm going to get this to work, and I'm using a chain to drive it because it would be easier than trying to figure out the correct gear ratio. (I've already found the correct sprocket that will give the wheels full power.)

Before I do any of that, I'm going to be painting it, Although nothing special, but it'll be Black with a Silver Jeep Sign on the front. I'm going to be taking off the original seats and making one a flat board out of wood and covering it with leather. I'm going to be getting some tires & wheels that will give it more grip.... I also plan on getting all the lights to work so you can drive it at night, along with some ground effects. (just lights underneath it)

I've started dissassembling it already, once its in to pieces I'll take pictures of the before and after. (prehaps make a movie if I can find some where to host it other then my website. )

More too come, I plan on updating you guys if I see any interest.

dude

are you really that bored?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Go Hosemeyer, Pimp that ride out!

Re: Pimp My Power Wheel

Originally posted by Hosemeyer
    Hosemeyer
    William Hung's #One Fan!
    Yes. He is that bored.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Maybe put some WHT logos on it!
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

No, I'm really not that board I just want a powerwheel that can beat the "moped gang" in my neighborhood.

hmm...

Originally posted by Hosemeyer
    No, I'm really not that board I just want a powerwheel that can beat the "moped gang" in my neighborhood.
    you must not be 16 yet?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

hahaha, don't listen to anyone here, I'm 21 and would love to have a pimped powerwheel.

Email that MTV Rides show!!!

Thats a pretty cool idea.
    However, i dont think those crappy tires could handle the speed and weight.
    You would need new wheels, and engine, and suspension..
    better off getting a quad/ go-kart

I think you meant motors... Not engines.

What kind of motor(s) are you putting into this? Batteries? Are you sure on how you would control the motor?

I don't think you'll see 20mph... Just a lot of smoked plastic tires.

I thought he wanted to put a gas engine...
    it would work..
    just get an old lawnmower..

Originally posted by webmultitude
    I think you meant motors... Not engines.

What kind of motor(s) are you putting into this? Batteries? Are you sure on how you would control the motor?

I don't think you'll see 20mph... Just a lot of smoked plastic tires.
    Ya, was going to say.

Most powerwheels that I've seen are just 6 volt, with little dinky motors that smoke up real easy. The plastic "chassis" couldn't even the weight of a marine battery.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

kinda cool idea if you can pull it off. I never let my dad live it down that he didn't get me one .
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

I'd say run two 12v 20AH sealed lead acid batteries in series and use a motor from an electric golfcart.

Also, making a whole new chassis would be a good idea. I agree that the plastic will not hold up. Maybe just using the body would be cool.

Don't let anyone discourage you!

Who wouldn't want a pimped out powerwheel?

make sure to keep us posted with updates!!
    Jimmy

Well, lets see some pics. some info...

Yeah, Some before and after shots would be awesome :-)

By the way, Yes I can legally drive a car, but I thought this would be quite cool.

Currently I have two 12v 20AH batteries right now, and although its not a motor from a golf cart, it certainly is alot better than what was in there. I'm also buying some wheels as soon as I can sell two or three of my templates. (i'm trying to make this a non-money hog) I've spent about 2 hours just taking every single part off the body and so now I have the plastic frame, and all the parts. Right now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the overall body because I do not have a welder, and I'm unsure of what I'd use to help support it. I've found all the lights I need to get the lights working, and thankfully all the "fake" lights have clear plastic so it should be quite easy to rig something up. Friday I plan on washing it to make sure it is perfectly clean, then I plan on painting it. I have some great Ideas about how I'm going to paint it, but I'll have to see how it all works out. Once I finally get the powerwheel running, I plan on adding more and more things until I consider it "pimped" enough.

As for controling the motor, I have a very good way of doing it, I just have to see If I can rig it up to the gas pedal. The main thing that I am afraid about is braking, I have absolutly no Iddea about that. I have some Ideas of how I could do it, but once I spend too much time thinking about it I find out that it will not work. (but hey, there are always trees for that)

I'm planning on keeping the original batteries to power the lights and such. (this is a two seater, it has 2x 6v. batteries)

I'll take some pictures of it tommarow, all strewn apart. then I'll take some pictures of how it is coming.

I would love to see this. If you pull it off, I might have to challenge you and try to pull something off like this also.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me