Need reliable hosting......

Can anyone recommend a hosting company that has good uptime. My customer has been getting complaints of here email bouncing.....

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
    local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ [email protected] ------

An error was detected while processing a file of BSMTP input. The error
    message was:

421 Lost incoming connection

The SMTP transaction started in line 0.
    The error was detected in line 3.
    0 previous messages were successfully processed.
    The rest of the batch was abandoned.
    421 Lost incoming connection
    Transaction started in line 0
    Error detected in line 3

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

I can only assume its from the line dropping out..

I guess I'm going to move her to a better provider. Anyone have someone they have had little to no trouble with?? It's gotta be worth the extra dough.

I only need 500MB space and maybe 1gb bandwidth..

My advice... if your looking for stability is pay a reasonable amount. Get together a list of hosts that interest you run their name over these forums and various search engines to see what you turn up.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I've had good luck with www.*********** for some time. The mailservers have been very reliable.

if you have decided to change host, host quote could be useful
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers -

Give Host Quote at the top a try.

Hi Dishdude,

How often has your customer experienced this issue? Has it just been POP3 services or are http affected as well?

First thing I would do before rushing off to another host is to contact your current provider and ask them for an explanation and a plan for resolution/improvement...

If their answer isnt acceptable to you, or doesnt instill confidence, then consider the process of finding a new host for your customer.

Hope this helps...

This isn't user problem, people who send her email have gotten bounces like the one above. I've writeen the host and get "there wasn't any problems" and today send in a trouble ticket at noon and no response yet..

Hi Dishdude,

Fair enough - always a good idea to see if your current situation can be fixed or improved beofr looking to migrate. Obviously, youve tried that route...

Ask prospective hosts for their uptime stats - pop3 and html...

Best of luck in your search....

Hi Dishdude,

There are many good web hosting companies out there. What are your few most important requirements in choosing a hosting company?

I try to give you the contact of the few good hosting companies provided you supply me with your requirements.

Cristiano - Hosting Directory & Tips
    Cheap Web Hosting
    ASP Hosting
    Domain Hosting

What exactly are you looking for? We have to know what your number one thing your looking for in a host, along with what you require and a price range. This will help greatly.

Originally posted by cybexhost1
    What exactly are you looking for? We have to know what your number one thing your looking for in a host, along with what you require and a price range. This will help greatly.
    ie: do you care about band, disk? or maybe uptime or suport? or maybe you just want the cheapest you can get ( i hope not for your sake )?