Does moving your site effect Srch Eng Rnk/position?

Does anybody know the specific effect of registering with a search engine and then moving your host.

Does this have any effect upon the search engine? I just wondered if their was some kind of connection between your server host IP number and the search engine registration Page Rank?

Eg. if you moved would that have an effect on your Search Engine Ranking.

Hey Tanuk,

Enjoying your day? ( just curious, it's nice and sunny here, and still really early, so it's great )

Anyways, I wouldnt imagine that changing servers or hosts would change your google ranking, so long as your domain name is still the same.

Mind you, since I really dont know how the Google Bot works, I could be completely wrong on this matter.

Just thought I would give you a shot in the dark, since no one else had given you an answer.

Whatsup G2, hope business is booming for ya! I wondered but have not come across anything that sais anything different.

Interestingly, I find google themselves quite helpful with *answering certain questions* but when you start asking too much about *the effects of google page ranking* they suddenly dry up a bit

I dont think it messes with your google rating. It shouldnt!!!

I, too, am unfamiliar with the specifics of the googlebots, but I don't think they calculate IP addresses into the page rankings in any manner. Unless, maybe, they add weight to IP's that have ever been blacklisted or anything like that.
    Take care,
    Brad Birmingham
    http://www.bluevirtual.com

Originally posted by Tanuk
    Whatsup G2, hope business is booming for ya! I wondered but have not come across anything that sais anything different.

Interestingly, I find google themselves quite helpful with *answering certain questions* but when you start asking too much about *the effects of google page ranking* they suddenly dry up a bit
    Business is good as always, but that is only cause of what it says in my sig.

As for the googlebot, I'm pretty certain it doesnt matter. And of course they dried up, they dont want to accidently leak any secrets to getting better ranking.

Hello,

I am pretty sure that changing hosts will affect the rankings because we once changed our website IP and google lost our ranking but then our search engine submission resubmitted the website and couple of weeks after, we were back on it. So from my experience, yes it does affect it

Well, looks like we have a debate now. We're gonna have to wait for more people to post what they think, to really find the truth.

Here is a similar discussion:
    http://forums.seochat.com/archive/t-6129

In my experience as of last month, it does not affect your google PR at all. I switched our main website to a different server on a completely different network and remained the same pr5.

Ok then, well I could be wrong. Maybe it's something we did wrong.

This just highlights the secrecy surrounding the exact rules/methods and algorithms of the engines.

should not effect

We have moved our sites in the past, and there was no negative effect. If you do it righ there shouldn't be any problems. You need to make sure that your sites remain crawlable during the move, so they are not offline when the spiders are visiting.

Seems logical that it wouldn't except if unable to be crawled. But then again, when is everything logical Google indexes by name not IP.

Well, I think that answers this then, most people are agreeing that it does not effect your ranking.

Yes it does seem that the general consensus is that it doesn't effect and that it shouldn't effect. I was wondering if we would get the opinion of the expert. There is I Brian who is a definite whiz when it comes to this top of conversation.