Opinions on Radiant & Fusepoint (Canadian hosts)?

Hi all!

We're looking for dedicated hosting in canada, we've asked for quotes from both of these two companies (Radiant Communications and Fusepoint). Anybody has experience with any of these? Please share your thoughts / experiences if so, thanks!!

Anybody???

hmm you can do a search to see if anyone has posted anything about them.....
    Ben S.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s= <<<--- just incase you cant find it

could u post their url's so i can take a look i dont have any experiance with them but i am always looking around
    eXeGaming : Professional Gaming Organization

Originally posted by jaali
    could u post their url's so i can take a look i dont have any experiance with them but i am always looking around
    A simple google search would give you the following :

http://www.radiant.net/main/
    http://www.fusepoint.com/

Btw, I've seen that picture of the girl with her arms folded on the front page of the Radient website far too many times, including on the dedicatednow website.

Over priced.

These providers are generally overpriced... Celeron 1.8 Ghz with 256 MB of RAM for $350 / mo + setup... give me a break !
    www.canfone.com
    Email: ben (@) canfone (.) com
    Toll-free: 1-866-857-3140
    Linked in: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/benblakley

Well, Canadian bandwidth is still very expensive. You can't say it's over-priced. Everything have a price and market of it's own...

It's only overpriced compared to the budget hosts in the States
    Hockey is Life

Thanks for the effort guys. I didnt search in here my bad usually I do... Turns out some people talked a lot about Fusepoint in here in 2 or 3 posts, seems like they have a great DC and solid infrastructures. For Radiant nothing though, which probably means they're not worthy

We didnt looked at US hosting companies much... Is there really a big difference in prices? Any other factors we should have in consideration? We're about to launch a subscription based website for the canadian market, but we'll be launching it to us market later this year...

The Fusepoint facility/DC is great, but its organization is lackluster. I would recommend staying away - their NOC appears to be very poorly managed, and it is to my understanding that they are having severe support/staffing issues as a result.

Originally posted by brunod76
    Thanks for the effort guys. I didnt search in here my bad usually I do... Turns out some people talked a lot about Fusepoint in here in 2 or 3 posts, seems like they have a great DC and solid infrastructures. For Radiant nothing though, which probably means they're not worthy

We didnt looked at US hosting companies much... Is there really a big difference in prices? Any other factors we should have in consideration? We're about to launch a subscription based website for the canadian market, but we'll be launching it to us market later this year...

Well we went for FusePoint as of last friday. What impressed us the most is the quality and precision of documents they provided us with for describing their procedures and services. I mean for example clear diagrams to explain how they handle incidents, etc. Anyhoo, we didnt based our decision just on diagrams It gave us the impression that Radiant was more for small to mid size hosting needs while FusePoint was more mid to big size, and that in general things seemed more loose at Radiant, while much more 'managed' at FusePoint. I would've expected us to be more on our own at Radiant while for FusePoint even though it ended up costing a tad more we feel this will translate into better service.

As for xfire's comments, what do you base that on? I really dont see how that could be the truth, unless maybe you had a bad experience (but from what you're saying it seems more like impressions than experiences). I never had the impression they were understaffed or poorly managed, and they just received US$ 10 millions in capitals from their investors... I would see that as a sign of sucessful operations, maybe I'm wrong.

Our setup should be ready in about 2-3 weeks, I'll know more by then

Keep me posted as I'm still looking for a decent canadan DC that doesn't cost an arm and both legs.

Currently using pathetic little raq's in alberta - cheap and decent bandwidth for the price though.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I would suggest taking a look at www.w3media.net.

We use them, and we like them. Really personal service.
    Paradox Web Hosting - [email protected]
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com