View Poll Results: What would make you sign-up

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • You got free hosting for two months after 1 year?

5 35.71%
  • If you were entered in a draw to win $200 overture credit?

1 7.14%
  • If you were entered in a draw to win $200 google credit?

1 7.14%
  • Or just reliable hosting and excellent support is enough?

14 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Having regular competitons?

Howmany hosts have regular competitions for their customers and non-customers to signup or continue? giving away free hosting for a month and so is regular, going out of the way and providing 200$ worth of overture credit worth it? for people to win if they signup with you..

Thanks, Yaser.

I'm always skeptical of drawings where you "may" win. i always think they are doing that just to get my information so they can market to me. A direct bonus where everyone gets it always works better for me.

I dunno... I would rather receive money instead of credit

I have never participated in any "offers" either selling or buying. Looks somewhat scammish to me when a company does this. Maybe some of you will come up with reasons to do this and change my mind?

IF the host promises your privacy and has a Truste verified privacy policy and good repute then i would go for it.

Yaser.

It really depends on what market you are targeting. People with personal sites may be very attracted to some type of drawing or contest.

On the other hand I would think a business dependent on their Internet presence might be much less interested in your sales gimmicks and much more interested in the quality of services you provide.

You are right. Thats why on the poll people have opted for the last option, good hosting and excellent support.

Yaser

I like winning computer hardware as well as gadgets

Greetings:

Over the years, we've found business customers just want value rather than contents and the like.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

dynamicnet, i agree with you but providing enticing offers is necessary to gain customers or attract clients. Ofcourse excellent service and support will be the reason that will keep them not to forget price.

Yaser

Greetings:

We found that business customers put price towards the bottom of the totom pole.

One example is a local customer that was paying a national provider $19.95 per month for hosting.

This local business was losing over $100 per day because of various problems the national provider was having providing the appropriate levels of service and support.

Then they became our client paying over $100 per month for hosting (shared -- not VPS or dedicated, shared).

Their daily problems disappeared; so they are actually saving a lot of money by using our services.

Sometimes penny, nickle, and even chasing after dollars costs more money than it saves.

A good business customer with focus on ROI will not put price towards the top of their selection criteria.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile