Free Hosting For PHPBB . HELP

I want to host a my phpbb somewhere for free and i just dont know where. any ideas of where has lots of space, reliable and is free. supports the phpbb as well as in it has mysql support etc.

Many Thanks

Re: Free Hosting For PHPBB . HELP

Originally posted by omurphy2004
    I want to host a my phpbb somewhere for free and i just dont know where. any ideas of where has lots of space, reliable and is free. supports the phpbb as well as in it has mysql support etc.

Many Thanks
    I think if you had taken 5 seconds to run a search, you would have seen that threads looking for free stuff have been pretty much beaten to death.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

RE

Yea I get your point.

Im a newbie though and i did run a search before posting.

got so many posts coming up with nothing exactly that i was looking for i thought i would put a post up.

apologies for my naviety.

a few links would be greatly appreciated if you would be so kind

many thanks dude

Dont know if sirius thinks they are beaten to death in the same manor I do, but Ill try my approach.

Looking for free is not hard. But "lots of space, reliable" and "free" are not going to be found in the same sentence. Especially not ones offering MySQL support. Even more so ones allowing you to run forums.

RE

Once again thank you.

But thats not really any help.

The whole point of me asking here is for people who have been in the same boat and come up with a solution.

I have searched and trawalled through many freeweb hosting search sites and not really come up with much.

so if anyone has actually been through the same and has found something which i might find of interest please reply

I dont think you are going to get what you want, free hosts dont generally allow you to have MY SQL and run forums as they take up server resources.

BUT you probably could get some hosting for a small fee, or maybe you could find someone willing to sponsor your forum?

Search on the official PhpBB forum for your answer. There are several hosts that phpbb users have mentioned are free.

Originally posted by tazd9t9
    I dont think you are going to get what you want, free hosts dont generally allow you to have MY SQL and run forums as they take up server resources.
    It depends how large of a forum, stats, etc. and whether or not they are prepared to advertise for the host.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Re

I did post and search on the php forum and was told to come on here. i have searched a bit had a few links nothing to great.

i dunno have large it would be i guess just your average forum size i guess.

i want one which will be stable and i guess i dont mind advertising.

all i want is some links to site which will my php forum for free.

pretty please with suger on top and a cherry?

If you have some commercial aspects for your forums, try some paid service. And you may check this too.. http://free.idleserv.net/
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Are you really really sure you want to trust your forum to a free site? What if you need support? How much support do you think you will get from a free host.

Try and come up with a small monthy budget so you can get what you really need. $5 or $10 a month probably won't break you and think how much better your forum will be.