Billing Questions.

I noticed on here that a lot of people use ClientExec, Modernbill, WHM etc for their billing program.

However, I am a small company and have mainly used Paypal for online payments and used my calander to send invoices out for local customers and email for other clients.

However, I feel I could expand my cliental if I created an online form where customers could pay with their credit cards.

What is the process of accepting credit card transactions online? Do I have to purchase a credit card machine locally to process these orders or is there some way to do this online, much like paypal?

How would I go about creating a form or php script like orderwiz.php for online transactions.

I am hosting using Cpanel, using an online helpdesk program for tickets and Paypal for Transactions. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

First off, check out this forum, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...?s=&forumid=66

People ask questions like this in the E-Commerce Discussion forum all of the time.

Second of all, why not just use paypal to review online payments? Paypal can accept credit cards as well now, (There are restrctions.)

Set yourself up with a program like WHMAP that will create the order form for you, auto-manage invoices and re-occuring billing as well.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

http://www.vibralogix.com/cwhoiscart/index.php

thats what i use

you can process manually or automatically

it accepts a variety of payments

its very easy to edit

id never cut myself off from paypal payments, too many people use paypal directly without a credit card
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Originally posted by Lucid-Felix
    ...Set yourself up with a program like WHMAP that will create the order form for you, auto-manage invoices and re-occuring billing as well.
    AP is what we use, but they are having a problem with 2co at the moment, however, they are saying it will be fixed in the next version (3)

Doesn't really affect us, we don't use 2co anyway

we're giving 2checkout a go now in addition to PayPal - some people seem to be wary of PayPal, we're hoping this will help.

Originally posted by AaronV
    AP is what we use, but they are having a problem with 2co at the moment, however, they are saying it will be fixed in the next version (3)

But what is the problem with 2checkout they have now?
    Will you eat your pets? Discuss it on my vegan forum