Thread: Microsoft Word

Microsoft Word

Everytime I open up Microsoft WordI get an error message that says "word has encountered a problem do youwant to report it to microsoft". After I click send or don't send it crashes. This happens every time I open Word.

I thought that this my be some type of virus but Norton fails to spot the virus and I have used several tools of the internet to check for spyware etc, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas? BTW I can open Word up in safe mode and it works fine.

I dun think it is a virus, maybe some conflicts somewhere, just uninstall and reinstall normally do the trick.

You could also look on the M$ site for updates for word, or if you have office, look for an office update.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

Check in safe mode if you have macros that are starting with the program.

I had a good look round when I had word in safe mode, checking for anything that didin't look right, but there was no macros running at startup.

Isn't there a repair option when you try and reinstall MS Office?
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC -
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

Delete (or rename it to normal.old), then try again.

( may have become corrupt. Word will create a new one when it reopens.)

Hedda Lora