I would like to know about a couple of things about buying and transferring domains.
Say i wanted to a domain, 123.com for example and then re-sell that to others, like alot of people do on here.
1. How do i sell it as it would have my registration details under whois
2. Can you change ownership and the whois details?
3. What Domain Companies Offer instant change of ownership?
4. Where i registered one of my domains, it says a domain has to be 12 months old and it costs $8 or something to transfer it to them so does that mean whoever buys domain has to pay transfer fees aswell or is there another way?
1. You move the domain to a new account with the new owner's details - most registrars have an easy process for this
2. Yes, see #1
3. Most that are worth registering domains with in the first place
4. Stay away from registrars that have their own rules when it comes down to how old a domain should be to change ownership. An exception: a domain that is first registered has to be 60 days old to move OUT to a new registrar (not to change ownership). Godaddy imposes their own rule that includes change of ownership!