Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Rob83
    And how is he any different than Frank Sinatra? Same voice, same style of singing.

Sure Frank had "personality", but the boy is only 16. Let him grow into it.
    hehe. I'm sorry, you've either got it or you don't. It's called star quality. I'm sure when Frank was 16, he had more personality than a plank, which is what that red haired chap has.

Although after American Idol, I see a good career in touring the Nursing home circut, for our red haired friend.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

lol

Originally posted by pmoduk2
    If they are talented like he said, and someone such as Elton John knows what he's talking about, I think there must be racism involved somewhere
    should I apply this reasoning to all my arguments in the political and religious discussions. I dont think this holds weight.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Re: Elton John: 'Idol' vote is 'racist'

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    NEW YORK (Reuters) -- British rock star Elton John, a guest judge this month on the U.S. talent hunt TV series "American Idol," said on Tuesday that he found the voting by the national viewing audience "incredibly racist."

"The three people I was really impressed with, and they just happened to be black, young female singers, and they all seem to be landing in the bottom three," said John, commenting on the tally in which the lowest vote-getter is eliminated.

"They have great voices. The fact that they're constantly in the bottom three -- and I don't want to set myself up here -- but I find it incredibly racist,"

The show often gets more than 20 million people voting.

Ruben Studdard, a black crooner, won the top prize last year.
    a) last years winner was black.
    b) 20million people vote. some of them are blacks themselves.
    so his saying that 20million people including black people are racists?

great logic.

The results moved show host Ryan Seacrest to remind viewers that the series was a talent hunt and not a popularity contest.
    HA!
    its exactly that, an over-rated, popularity contest.

Elton goes "boho" because the people he liked got voted out, so he plays the race card. yappie.

talent contest my a**, william hung is the only one that ever had any talent on that show!
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Although after American Idol, I see a good career in touring the Nursing home circut, for our red haired friend.

Yup, everyone needs to find their own niche.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by websterworld
    ...william hung is the only one that ever had any talent on that show!
    Truer words were never spoken, Eugene. If I could book him for my daughter's b-day party, I'd jump on it.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

If they are talented like he said, and someone such as Elton John knows what he's talking about, I think there must be racism involved somewhere
    well if *Elton John* thinks so, then it *must* be true.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.

The other two singers grouped in the bottom three of the seven remaining "American Idol" finalists last week were La Toya London and Fantasia Barrino.

lol what sort of crusty names are those then.

I'm sure there are plenty of black people voting for white people, and plenty of white people voting for black people.

Crap like what Elton John said does nothing more than keep racism alive and well. Geezus friggin christ, can we do anything in this country without someone coming along and saying it's racist??

Webdude you racist...

I don't believe it's racism I just think American's are too stupid to know good talent. Much like us Aussies for voting for our Aussie Idol.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Originally posted by websterworld
    Webdude you racist...
    Damned right I am! I am blue skinned, and hate any of you people of other color. I think anyone who doesnt have blue skin should be kicked out of this country (well men anyway). I will have you know I am the leader of the powerful and famous Blue Pride Panthers Association (we're up to one member already!), and we are working on removing all you white, black, pink, brown, tan, green, and purple skinned people out of our Great Blue Pride United States of America!

[*...webdude's tongue planted firmly in cheek...*]

Where do I sign up?

Vito

The first six people voted off this year were white. Last year's winner was black. How can anyone scream racism on this with a straight face?

sales down

elton johns album sales must be down. he needs to stir up some press for himself.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Re: sales down

Originally posted by sailor
    elton johns album sales must be down. he needs to stir up some press for himself.
    maybe he should get justin timberlake to accidently rip of his shirt and expose his breast on national TV. that seems to work.

Elton John's breast on national TV.

Vito

Originally posted by vito
    Elton John's breast on national TV.

Vito
    what you mean that *wouldnt* make you run out and buy his new album?

Originally posted by Hiccups
    The first six people voted off this year were white. Last year's winner was black. How can anyone scream racism on this with a straight face?
    please tell me your joking....do you watch the show?

Tell me...who do you think were the best singers?

Why was that girl who constantly improved herself at the bottom of the list?

Thats senseless, that is exactly what a singer is supposed to be like CONTANTLY IMPROVING, in my honest opinion.

Now that i think about it, what you said is exactly what others are saying, and it can be used as a scape goat to pull the race card. " A black person won last year, so what ever we do from now on is not racist"

Thats like me saying, "I'm Not racist I have had two black people come over to my house before"

therefore does this validify my future dicrepenceies with blacks as non racists since I have one black friend? I think not!
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Who exactly is being accused of racism? It's not like there is a select group of judges making decisions here. All of America is voting on this.

So is the accusation that the majority of Americans are racists?

Give it a rest.

Vito

I also said that the first six people voted out this year were white. If there were some sort of racism involved, do you think that would have happened? Do you seriously think most people are sitting there voting based only on the race of the singers?

I like George and Fantasia best and LaToya a close third. Yeah, it's partly to do with voice and partly with personality. LaToya has a better voice than George, but I like George's personality better. George hasn't been too great the past couple weeks, but I still like him anyway. I think John (the redhead) should have been gone at least a couple weeks ago. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really care at all who's improved the most.

I personally think the reason for the bottom three last week was that too many people didn't think they needed the votes so they didn't vote for them and that with them all being so good, the votes they did get were probably spread out between them, which would have watered each person's votes down. That's just my guess though. I have no idea why people vote the way they do, I just seriously doubt it's anything to do with race. That's not to say NObody out there is voting based on race. I'm sure there are some, and that's probably going on both with some whites and with some blacks, but I doubt they are in big enough numbers to make a difference.

Originally posted by vito
    Playing the race card at every opportunity is just sooooooooooooooooo old.
    I am glad I am not the only one that thinks this.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

when did color had anything to do with racism ?

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/55667.jpg

It's not only racist, but gender bias as well. Women singers gets more vote than men.
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog

That's only because all the dirty fat old men want to sleep with a FINE 18 year old female, with firm mmm .....
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

That's only because all the dirty fat old men want to sleep with a FINE 18 year old female, with firm mmm .....
    I really resent that comment. They dont have to be FINE, they can be just good looking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast