i am in a fix...

Let me tell u all my plight.

I purchased plesk 7 (100 domain) owned license in late march after seeing that plesk actually provides migration service for those using a different panel (I am using Cpanel 9) after reading this page on their site, http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk/switch/

However after purchasing, they told me that their migration tools isn't ready yet (WTH!) and I been corresponding with their support for nearly 3 weeks (my new server installed with plesk 7 was lying in the new datacenter doing nothing and I am still paying for it!) and finally they told me they can proceed with the migration on the 28th-30th of this month, so I immediately booked 28th. So last nite I drop them a mail asking them whether they will proceed with the migration on the promised date and this is what they replied me :

Hello,

> Is the migration going to take place?

Today the utilities isn't ready. They will be ready in 2 or 3 days. As soon as
    they are ready we will start the migration.

--
    Thanks,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing this email, my blood boils... and I expect them to give me some other excuses 2 or days later.

I am contemplating to switch to directadmin (I seen a tool for migration) but I am not sure whether I can sell away my plesk license, anyone able to comment?

I don't have a personal experience with Plesk or dealing with Swsoft personally but, as I understand it those licenses aren't resellable.

As for moving to DirectAdmin, I assume you are moving from cPanel here, you might want to talk to Erica at Simpli.biz about her experiences with DirectAdmin.

Hope that helps.

so anyone here got a good recommendation of whom can assist me to do the migration from cpanel to plesk?

If they advertised something when you purchased that they do not have, your purchase agreement with them wont hold water. Give them the three days they asked for. If they don't get it working, or dont pony up the refund, force the issue by sending them a certified letter.

I don't think SwSoft should be difficult in this instance, they just spent a heap of cash and will be quick to protect themselves.

May I ask d3nnis, why are you changing from cPanel to a different control panel?
    The Domain Trading Network. Where you can trade your domain free!
    http://www.tdtn.com

Originally posted by jos*****01
    May I ask d3nnis, why are you changing from cPanel to a different control panel?
    well theres two main reason :

1. Cost of Cpanel license, too high for my budget. I am relocating my server back to my home country, singapore, currently i still have a server with ev1servers.
    2. Cpanel 9 proves to be a recent disaster for me... cpservd (for version 9, WHM/Cpanel are merging into a single service, cpservd) and it keeps crashing for no reasons, tried out all the methods on their support forum and its still happening.