Connecting Two Servers

I am contemplating getting two Dual Xeon servers from nocster and running an internal connection between them. I plan on keeping Windows 2003 on one server and Redhat 9/cpanel on the other.

Nocster is charging me about $40.00 per month extra for this type of connection- is it worth it? The reason I want to do this is to keep DNS, mail and stats server on the Windows machine along with a few sites that require ASP while I'll keep the bulk of the other sites as well as PHP/MySQL on the RedHat Server. I can also do cross backups of data daily.

One thing that is of some concern is security. My guess is that if either of the machines is compromised, it would be very easy to get into the second machine as well right?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Abbas,
    Have you asked Nocster whether their Private LAN works? For their Private LAN, you pay only additional $19.95/setup & $5/month.

SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Try asking for a cross over cable as Liquidweb gave us one for free as its only about $10 to make it

Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon