One year review of FluidHosting.com

One year review of http://www.FluidHosting.com

I provided a 6 month review a while back so really this is only on the last six months since that review.

I’ve been with FH for a year… Great service, great support. Since my last report I’ve not had any downtime that was not planned. Of course there are the occasional reboot that last 2 or 3 minutes once or twice a month. In the past two months they have been upgrading like crazy.

We moved over to windows 2003. That was funny since the move provided no downtime and I did not know we even moved (they did send an e-mail, but I forgot). I had two scripts that did not work once we moved and one of the guys fixed them for me… he (I guess it was a he) did not have to do that.

That is another thing, they always send out e-mails before upgrades, providing all the necessary information just in case down time is experience. So far (knocking on wood) the updates have been flawless.

This review is short… not much to report when everything works as it should.
    Last edited by hekwu; 04-20-2004 at 12:24 AM.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

FluidHosting.com has always been one of the top hosts in WHT and I'm sure they can deliver what you have commented or perhaps better

I myself have been with them since 4/08/03.
    Have 8 domains with them.
    The people on their forums will even help you out!
    Great host........................................................................
    They make hosting boring.(Which I like)
    Be Happy!

Been with them since 6/28/03 and can only recommend it. Best shared hosting environment I've ever experienced.

Alex

Sounds good..are you guys VPS or Shared?

Props to Fluid Hosting on running a tight ship
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Based on your responses, I was very interested in fluidhosting.com for a web host. However, when I visited their website, I couldn't find any physical address nor any phone number for their business.

Perhaps I missed it somewhere? I'm a bit leary of a site that doesn't have a physical address posted nor a phone number.

cool review

Thank you for the review hekwu. It's nice to hear good things about them. Keep us updated.

Originally posted by redcrew
    Based on your responses, I was very interested in fluidhosting.com for a web host. However, when I visited their website, I couldn't find any physical address nor any phone number for their business.

Perhaps I missed it somewhere? I'm a bit leary of a site that doesn't have a physical address posted nor a phone number.
    The address not being there is odd... telephone I can understand... who wants people calling to ask "how long have you been up?" Or calling just to see if someone will answer the phone. If you do have problems who can answer the phone if 50 people call (more likely get busy signals). that is my take on telephone calls.

From my experience they are fast and always have someone in MS messenger... dave is in messenger right now. Faster than calling... I simply click on his name and he (or someone) is there.

In one of my post I mentioned that I e-mailed them my telephone number and they called me back within 20 minutes.

I'm not going to answer anything else on the post... don't want it to seem I work for them or anything... I'm just a happy customer... if you want any more questions, pls PM me...

/I'm off.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I did get a reply - see below. No phone, and it doesn't look like they want to give out their street address. Very unusual not to have it on their website, and not to respond with the address when someone asks for it explicitly.

Thank you for contacting Fluid Hosting.

We are a registered LLC business entity under the state of Connecticut and our office is located in Manchester, CT and all of our servers/equipments are located inside Internap's data center in Boston, MA. We do not put a phone number on our web page because we do not currently provide phone support to our shared hosting clients. However, feel free to contact us at 877-584-0308 anytime during business hours, Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM Eastern Time.

Sincerely,
    Dave Tong
    Fluid Hosting LLC
    High Performance Web Presence

Sounds like a solid host.
    Liz Pettersson

hmmm.. great company.

Originally posted by redcrew
    I did get a reply - see below. No phone, and it doesn't look like they want to give out their street address. Very unusual not to have it on their website, and not to respond with the address when someone asks for it explicitly.

Thank you for contacting Fluid Hosting.

We are a registered LLC business entity under the state of Connecticut and our office is located in Manchester, CT and all of our servers/equipments are located inside Internap's data center in Boston, MA. We do not put a phone number on our web page because we do not currently provide phone support to our shared hosting clients. However, feel free to contact us at 877-584-0308 anytime during business hours, Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM Eastern Time.

Sincerely,
    Dave Tong
    Fluid Hosting LLC
    High Performance Web Presence

Then do not signup.
    Pretty simple!
    I could care less about these concerns. I have sent emails at 2AM and got a reply within 10 minutes.
    They just put in new servers and are even better.
    Try AOL hosting, they have all your concerns covered.
    So you can now sleep:
    Fluid Hosting.com
    277 Bricktop Road
    Windham, CT
    US
    Last edited by nvphone; 04-27-2004 at 11:28 AM.
    Be Happy!

customer service

How is their customer service? Do they respond within minutes, hours, days, minutes?

Pretty high prices for windows 400MB err?

I'm with Nevidia Hosting. No worries for a year now

It's very possibly they work from home and don't want to give out their home address. By having the toll free number, it makes me think they have it forwarded to a home phone or cell phone, since they don't have any office.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. We didn't have an office for the first 6 months we were in business. Then we made the leap and added our phone number to our website, even though we don't provide phone support.
    Thank You,

Chad McCan

redcrew,

The only reason why we do not give you our address is because currently our office is home-based; we have employees working on our home-based office. But the last thing I would want is a stranger showing up right outside of our home just because somebody post our address on the internet. We are moving to a new office, at which point we will have our office address posted. But since we are a registered business LLC under the state of Connecticut, our address is already registered and publicly available for review. For any legal matter, it will be easy for you to reach us.

It is easy to get a "fake" address for your business. You can get a real address from MailBoxes, ETC and I know a lot of people do this. Unless if you try to come to this address, you will not know that it's actually just an address for your Mail Box, not address to your office. The appearance, however, looks good to people like you. Perhaps we should have done something like this.

Anyway, I don't personally think it is important. There are many web hosting companies posting phone number or mailing address on the web. The mailing address can be just the mail box place holder and the phone number can ring without anybody picking it up. But these are exactly what makes you have a peace of mind, it seems. And if this is the case, then we might not be your host, at least not for now.

However, the fact still remains. We are one of the most respected host on WHT. Furthermore, every host was created/operated differently and grow at different rate because of this. And suc, we have set ourselves aside from the rest of 95-98% hosts here in WHT. Fluid Hosting was started with around ~$25K worth of capital and we now owns/operate all of our 40+ servers/equipments. Our yearly revenue is now in the 6 digit range. This is the reason why we will not be a fly-by-night host, since there are way too much money/resources put into the business already.

We take care of our customers well as you can see by searching around here. There is no single complaint that I can read on this forum even after we offer hosting services for two years.

Yes, you may want to go with a host that post their address (mailbox placeholder) and phone number on the web. That, however, does not make the host any better/larger/more stable than us. We still set ourselves apart from the rest of 95-98% hosts out here.

Good luck with your host searching.

nvphone, that is our old address/information and is no longer valid
    Last edited by FHDave; 04-28-2004 at 07:30 AM.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Originally posted by Chad McCan
    It's very possibly they work from home and don't want to give out their home address. By having the toll free number, it makes me think they have it forwarded to a home phone or cell phone, since they don't have any office.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. We didn't have an office for the first 6 months we were in business. Then we made the leap and added our phone number to our website, even though we don't provide phone support.
    I went the other way, from office downtown, to office at home. Made me much happier and all this whiz bang puter technology, made it all possible.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Just to add my 0.02, I have been with fluidhosting for a few months now and have found them to be helpful, friendly, and quick to respond. The only problem I have had recently was with their e-mail server, which was recently upgraded and separated to a stand alone server, so I expect it to be much better now.