Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't care how your "company"'s support system is setup. I cancelled my account and warned people away because all you did was lied. There wasn't one thing you said in that entire conversation that was remotely truthful. How do I know you wont do that again? I don't. That is why I switched to a more reliable host, who I KNOW isn't going to lie directly to my face.

Originally posted by skreid
    I don't care how your "company"'s support system is setup. I cancelled my account and warned people away because all you did was lied. There wasn't one thing you said in that entire conversation that was remotely truthful. How do I know you wont do that again? I don't. That is why I switched to a more reliable host, who I KNOW isn't going to lie directly to my face.
    Lie to your face?? what are you talking about? As others have said, you would be lucky to even receive a response within 4 hours from other companies. This has to be one of the worst threads I have seen on wht, and I am sure that other webhosting companies can back me up on everything I am saying. We offer true 24/7 tech support, and your $5.95 is not worth the stress in which you are causing. That is the main problem with people these days, they pay $5 and think they are the king of the world.
    - Providing premium web hosting solutions since 2003
    |Managed Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting | Web Design | Server Management |

Originally posted by serverplace
    That is the main problem with people these days, they pay $5 and think they are the king of the world.
    That is true......

Lie to your face?? what are you talking about?
    Yes, lie to my face. You first said that it the problem was being looked into. Then, at the end of the day, absolutely nothing had changed. You NEVER said there was no one there to see what was wrong. You L-I-E-D.

To me, the maddening thing that we should all just agree on is that the "distance" between the question and the answer is too great.

The Internet is such a fantastic communications enabler, yet the 10? 20? more? people who know the answer to the question, aren't reachable. There's almost no way this one person is the first to try such a thing on that particular hosts' system. Unless that company is very small customerbase or has no one doing php) It's quite possible this same question has even come into the support people before, been resolved and ...

...It didn't come to that level 1 person, so he/she doesn't know.
    ...It was long ago and they don't remember
    ...It was not captured so it was forgotten.

I've never seen it done, but would it be so terrible if ALL live chat support conversations were posted on the webhosts website?
    At least available for some minimal keyword searches.

Would it be so terrible if ALL trouble tickets where available for customers to review and of course with the eventual answers?

Do you webhosters understand how much (or agree?) that would help us help ourselves?

You have to agree that an educated customerbase is a better (happier, more empowered, more self-sufficient, more productive, more profitable?) one? right? So maybe just having some links to "popular whatever sites" to go learn on your own isn't "enough".

I liken the "state of the art" of support that I've seen to a teacher in front of the class whispering the answer to the student's question .. only to the student who asked !!

I know what I suggest is not perfect either. There is no magic wand or silver bullet, of course. Some answers will change over time because of configurations, software upgrades, etc. But at least, worst case, it would be something the customer could cruise while the ticket is in the queue. And think how many tickets it would prevent.

or not?

Dan
    Last edited by DanPhx; 04-28-2004 at 10:06 PM.
    http://www.IwantFUI.com
    If you could host a new kind of content from your old-fashioned web servers
    and make new money from your customers and differentiate your business all at the same time... could you afford not to try? See the new site

level 1 support was looking into it, but they referred the problem to level 2 support. Level 1 support even solved your problem. Here is exactly what the ticket said:

tyler dierks

Posted on 27 Apr 2004 05:26:03 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am having a problem. http://www.pstutorials.org/test1.php For some reason, nothing on my server can be found by a php include.

Email: HIDDEN IP: HIDDEN

Support Team 1

Posted on 27 Apr 2004 05:43:53 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sir,
    Your problem is referred to our level 2 support. They will look into the matter and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Support Team 1

Email: team at serverplace.net IP: HIDDEN

Support Team 1

Posted on 27 Apr 2004 11:31:25 PM

Sir,
    We are extremely sorry for the delay in support and the inconvenience caused to you. The other domains in the server had no problem with include files. So the error was on your side. The problem may be the variable you passed along with the included PHP file. You may remove the variable name from the include statement. Please try the code below

$a="news";
    include("/forums/ssi.php");
    ?>

Warm Regards,

Support Team 1

Email: team at serverplace.net IP: HIDDEN
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were never "lied to", as they said you were referred to level 2 support. I am not going to sit here and argue like two 1st graders, but everyone here can see exactly what happen. First of all, as I have said time and time 90% of webhost do not support php coding problems.Good luck with your new host, as this is all the advice I can give you.
    Last edited by ServerPlace4NET; 04-28-2004 at 10:06 PM.

The only time I got any useful answer from you was after I threatened to cancel my account.

as I said, That is our support staff so don't refer it to "you", as I did not help you with your problem. I have said this over and over, but $5.95 is not worth the stress at which small problems like this can cause. good luck with your new host.

Originally posted by serverplace
    ...We offer true 24/7 tech support, and your $5.95 is not worth the stress in which you are causing. That is the main problem with people these days, they pay $5 and think they are the king of the world.
    Woah buddy that's totally unprofessional! I understand that you are upset but that kind of remark is a really big no no.
    Sam

Originally posted by Shroom
    Woah buddy that's totally unprofessional! I understand that you are upset but that kind of remark is a really big no no.
    I understand what you are saying, but there is no need for the comments which he made as well. And this is something that I in my book will not tolerate anymore. Everyone has different views when it comes to things like these. I know a lot of host will agree with the statement that I made, and I will stand behind that 100%.

$5.95 is not worth the stress of almost 10 hours

$5.95 is not worth the stress of almost 10 hours
    Well, maybe you shouldn't have been lying.

Well, maybe you shouldn't have been lying.
    as I have said before, we did not lie to you. our staff was looking into it, while level 2 was away. If this can't meet your standards, then moving host was probley your best move. You have even said our servers and everything were great, but you have had problems with support. 4 hours and not being able to solve a problem, is a little to short in my book. but as everyone has said, you have your own standards that you are looking for in a webhost.

and why are theese people responsible for your php coding issues???

Originally posted by keepr
    exactly, just my point.

It wasn't MY problem. NOTHING within any of my files would include. But, as you may have noticed from everything I posted, I was able to include from any offsite file.

It wasn't MY problem. NOTHING within any of my files would include. But, as you may have noticed from everything I posted, I was able to include from any offsite file.
    As I have said, I have made my point in this thread. This was a coding problem which we could not fix within his "40 minute limit", so he got mad and posted on webhostingtalk like so many people do these days, thinking that will change something. I am done posting on this thread, as anyone can clearly see this is a coding problem.

As I have said, I have made my point in this thread. This was a coding problem which we could not fix within his "40 minute limit", so he got mad and posted on webhostingtalk like so many people do these days, thinking that will change something. I am done posting on this thread, as anyone can clearly see this is a coding problem.
    Think what you want, it wasn't a coding problem.

skreid,

I do not think you know how web hosting companies work exactly. We do not fix php problems because it causes a liablity for our practices if we create an error. I can understand if it was an server error, but this was a case of sloppy coding. If you were hosted by my company the response would be this below.

The error is not on our part, but in your coding. We do not modify or create PHP code for clients. However, you may hire one of our professional coders for $25 an hour to fix your php problems. I would like to say again we are not responsible and will not fix your php errors.
    I think your lucky for them to even help you despite the errors in your code and should be grateful they would even fix this for you paying $5 / month or so... so support was doing what they should be doing and nothing more.
    Kerry Jones

I am sorry, but this wasn't "sloppy coding". Ever server I have ever tried the code with has worked. And, as I have said MANY TIMES, the only time it wouldn't work was when I tried to include a file of mine that was on a serverplace server.

It may be true, but not every server is configured the same way. I'm betting you just recently transfered it and it messed up. My uploading site had a similar problem. The php code was alittle mess, but with alittle work with my friends and I we were able to correct the problem.
    Kerry Jones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12