Question Anyone Using Lpanel for cPanel/WHM?

im thinking about changing from modernbill to Lpanel for our client database software.

Lpanel is designed specially for cPanel/WHM hosts and is a lot easyer to configure and setup than modernbill because of this, and im told lpanel has an mbill import script in there latest version.

Ive tested there 14 day free trial out and was impressed with what i seen. Im wanting some feed back from hosting companys that are currently using or have used this software.
    Chris Hands
    --------------------------------
    AceHost.com
    The Webmaster Friendly Webhost

done a search but cant find a single host company thats used lpanel and is prepared to comment on it.

there must be someone whos used lpanel?

i know there support is B grade but that wont bother me much, i just want to know if there product works fine.
    Chris Hands
    AceHost.com

visit www.hostloop.com

They use L-panel

4. That site was redirected to https://www.dedicatedserversonline.com

Anyway L-panel is a new product. Never heard anything about it.
    I looked at their system and thought it has lots of potential.
    Not to mention nice interface!

Originally posted by juicewire
    visit www.hostloop.com

They use L-panel
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

erm, forgive my ignorance, but could somebody please post their URL?
    Discounted Web Hosting in Pakistan By Inspedium Corp.

n/m, found it

Acehost,

Strange, I see quite a few hosting providers listed on their website. Did you ask any of them for feedback?

Ive signed up for there monthly licience so ill keep you guys posted on how it goes.
    Chris Hands
    AceHost.com

Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

Hello.

lpanel looks pretty dam nice, love the interface.
    I'll have to look into it more later today when im not so busy

Not bad for $19.95 / Month.

Regards,
    Thomas Currie
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

well its been a little over one week since i signed up with lpanel and to sum it up its been disappointing to say the least.

ive installed lpanel to my server with no problems but there seem to be many bugs which is preventing a smooth configuration of the product.

to be fair to lpanel ill give them 30 days to resolve all current problems before cancelling.

ill be sure to keep you guys posted.
    Chris Hands
    AceHost.com

Hi,

I really appreciate you keeping us updated. Lpanel looks interesting, but is perhaps just one to watch at this stage.

We only sell reseller accounts, and have had a nightmare finding a good billing solution that can handle private nameservers and things specific to reselling. There doesnt seem to be one system that can offer everything we need.

All the best

i forgot to mention that 2 support tickets and one post to there forum got deleted with no explanation which i found annoying.
    Chris Hands
    AceHost.com

Originally posted by acehost.com
    i forgot to mention that 2 support tickets and one post to there forum got deleted with no explanation which i found annoying.
    That doesn't sound good. May I ask what did you post?
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

I installed the trial and promptly deleted it about a week later. By no means is ModernBill perfect, but IMHO, I don't believe that LPanel is ready for a production environment quite yet. Too many bugs and there just isn't much support. Of course MB doesn't have the best support either, but at least they have a fairly active community,and on top of that I probably know a dozen or two people that currently use MB to whom I could ask a quick question if I needed to. Until LPanel can provide the same level of support, (whether by themselves or a community), I don't think I'll be using their software on a live server.

So what is the best?

I tried Lpanel and didn't like it either.

it does look very nice
    nice template
    nice all in 1 feature

but I haven't tried it
    just tested the live demo admin

That’s really a shame that they’re getting such horrible “support” reviews because their setup does look extremely intriguing.

I guess I’ll wait a few months and check up on the latest “Lpanel” reviews before considering them as a form of billing software.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

update on lpanel trial

ok heres my latest update on lpanel.

it seems there support is improving slightly with support tickets getting answered within a 24 hour period.

they now released a database import script from modernbill to lpanel but unfortunately it does not work. They have offered to manually update my modernbill database import script so ill wait for that to happen and keep testing.

at this stage i wont be changing from modernbill to lpanel but will continue to test lpanel and monitor there progress.
    Chris Hands
    AceHost.com

Originally posted by daejuanj
    That doesn't sound good. May I ask what did you post?
    i was posting about there lack of service, lpanels excuse was they were changing servers and some posts got lost in the move
    Chris Hands
    AceHost.com

Yeah that sounds familiar. How come other posts did not get deleted.

I have a Modernbill license and completed our trial of LPanel and are leasing that on a monthly basis right now.

I'm moving from Site5's BillAdmin and like the "it just works" aspect of it. BillAdmin is a no-frills solution (fyi... its not offered anymore).

I like LPanel because (with some minor bugs) "it just works". It has a lot of great features that are needed in a billing solution without a lot of extra stuff, which a lot of people think ModernBill has a lot of extra stuff.

Installation was pretty slick. I couldn't get it working the first time, but the makers did a free install (I think they still do free installs) and they got it working fine.

Its still being developed, so we've had some bugs and what not, but nothing too bad. Things get fixed/updated probably at least twice a month, sometimes more.

Upgrades are a sinch because its all done automatically via your lpanel install.

Customer interface is pretty darn slick and works. Not confusing at all which is nice. Still some areas lpanel can improve, but I'm sure with consistent development it will be a-ok. What will be tehe key is the lpanel makers continueing the development and not disapearing. Since it is so new, that's a risk more then ModernBill which has been around for a while and has a large customer base fueling development.

In closing... LPanel "just works" and that's what we need.
    I currently am running three billing systems, BillAdmin, LPanel, and ModernBill. Still finalizing our decision on where to move our customers too. We've been in business for a four and a half years and have had BillAdmin for about three of those years, so this billing move is important to us since I've done like everyone else and have been researching and testing for the last 6+ months. Looked at clientexec, perlbill, yada yada.

It really all comes down to what YOU need and what you want. We needed Cybercash and Linkpoint support. Support integration was a plus, but not a requirement (lpanel and monderbill/kayako have it). Client interface was a must to view invoices. Cpanel account creation was a must. And me being able to understand the system was a must. I had some troubles early on with Modernbill with ALL its features I got confused easily.

Its not what is the best for me, for HostX, HostY... its what YOU need to operate. Do research, get opinions, narrow the field, find your solution.

(Sorry for the long post, haha, I just felt like typing)

-- Jeff Link : IntraHost

Earth, North America, USA, Kansas, Shawnee Mission, 7617 Rosewood
    I have not personally used it but I heard that the coders were rushed in doing this or something like that. They rushed it out so fast since they were looseing money that some beta testing did'nt happen =/

Originally posted by acehost.com
    done a search but cant find a single host company thats used lpanel and is prepared to comment on it.

there must be someone whos used lpanel?

i know there support is B grade but that wont bother me much, i just want to know if there product works fine.
    We have used lpanel for over 1000 customer signups this year, and it's been an overall good experience. Yes I would give their support a B grade, but it's better than the D- I would have given them at the beginning of the year. They are improving and maybe soon they'll be an A+ (I hope). Other than the support, the only complaint would be that each lpanel update has a new batch of bugs to be worked out. However, they are very receptive to customer suggestions to the point they will often release a new build within days of receiving a suggestion or bug report. Overall their innovative design and extensive features keeps me using them instead of one of their competitor's scripts.

For those of you using lpanel, may I ask if you tried WHM AutoPilot?

I am trying to decide between MB, WHMAP and LPanel...

WHMAP seems pretty good, has an active development, and active support community. The user interface isn't as nice as LPanel, but other then this I can't see why lpanel is better.

Am I missing something?

-nt

nt == no text
    Frank C.
    Sr. Systems Engineer / Developer
    Datacities.com

Well I'm still a newbie myself. But I've dumped about $400 into LPanel, and at this point I'm looking for something else. I really feel like I've been screwed by them. I was a firm believer in them, until their CEO decided he was just too busy to get back to me, but meanwhile he was putting up hilarious stuff he'd found on his instant messenger responder. Went to send he an instant message, after he kept me waiting for 2 days without a single word or update, and I get an autoresponder with a link to some hilarious jokes he'd found on some site. That was after paying him $200 to help me get my site up and running with lpanel. I was their biggest advocate, but now I'm their biggest critic.

I know newbies are a pain in a developer's ***, but you'd think a guy could just send a message even, just to let you know that he hasn't forgotten about you. Meanwhile, I still haven't been able to open my doors yet. It looks like a great product, but I still don't have it working. If I were the PHP guru I'd like to be, then there wouldn't be any problem. But I'm not, so there is. Any assistance that anyone can offer would be great. I'm just about out of investment capital, after spending months researching all the choices out there, but I'll go donate some blood or plasma if I have to, so I can pay someone for their time, just so I can get up and running. It really sucks being left in the dark when somebodies already got your money.

Oh, and by the way, HostLoop and DataCities are LPanel. One in the same. Just thought y'all might want to know that. Oh yeah, and they have NO telephone support. You couldn't pry a phone number from the CEOs dead fingers. Why? because the phone would never stop ringing, is what I was told.

Looks like this discussion quieted down, too much. I'd like to hear some more from Eric at Integrity Hosting. He must be the lucky one. In my continuing saga of LPANEL.....I signed up for authorize.net, all the paperwork and the waiting and the stressing and the paying extra for their service as opposed to someone elses....because LPANEL officially supports it, and has done so since March 9th, according to their web site news. Well, that's not really the case at all. In fact, it only partially supports it, as the important key parts are missing. Like how to setup the IPN and how to tell authorize.net where to go, or even where it should return to....the IPN. None of this is there....dug through the directories for 3 hours...there's support for some other gateways, but none for authorize.net. Personally, I'm about ready to flip out and go tri-state. Even if I could find a qualified PHP programmer to try and fix things up, so that I could finally open for business, it wouldn't matter. ALL OF THE PHP CODE IN LPANEL IS ENCRYPTED. So I'm basically ****ed in the *** by LPANEL. Anyone with any advice on this, this.....abomination that I'm dealing with, please do reply. I'm very much open to suggestions seeing as how it's starting to look like I'm never going to even be able to open my doors for business, unless I pimp myself out or something. I can't tell you how pissed off I am.
    It's so frustrating to pay someone for something on good faith, and get, what is in effect, nothing.

Write it off as a bad deal and then go buy autopilot or mb.

what about client exec? anybody like that?

I just want to stress how important it is to find a product that works for YOU. There have been continuous rants and raves of this billing software being too this, too that. This one being not enough this, not doing that.

The best suggestion is to find a demo, or buy the thing on a one month lease. Its much better to look at two billing solutions for two months for 20 bucks each then to drop 200 dollars on one and find out it doesn't work for you.

I know that tip might not help much, but eh. I'm still a user of lpanel, had one trouble setting it up and the lpanel people installed it for me free. Thier lastest release last month fixed the major bugs I was having. Haven't seen a lot of development since then, but its been alright.

I like to stick with a billing solution in the beginning on a montly lease basis. That way I can see if it works for me and continues to be developed/supported for a month or three. Then go in and make the final purchase of a yearly license or owned one.

well i finally cancelled my lpanel subscription due to endless support and configuration problems so i guess ill just stick with modernbill for now but would like to try lpanel again in a few months once they get things sorted out.

next i want to try whmapilot and see how that goes.

kaxman i recommend staying away from mbill as its very complex for a newbie to configure and a bit of an over kill for cpanel hosting but it does work at least.

Im glad lpanel has worked out for you intrahost, be sure and keep us updated on how it goes for you.
    Chris Hands
    AceHost.com

I used to use lpanel in the past, i then switched to MB, it was way to confusing and I had already paid for 2 months of it, and hadnt been able to use it once. I am now going to try WHM Autopilot... But anyway back to lpanel, I liked the features, but yes a few support tickets were deleted from the support database, and it was still very buggy while I was using it, not so sure about now. I was using it when it originally came out. I was reporting bugs left and right, which most werent fixed, but they say they now have a tech support dept etc which fixes them all the time. I liked the features, but the client section was more made for them and their customers then being customizeable for you and your customers, and everytime you did a lpanel update, it would go back to their customized version :\

I'll try to let you all know how WHM Autopilot is.

Originally posted by kaxman
    what about client exec? anybody like that?
    We have been using CE for a while , its very strong in billing invoicing reports etc, now it has a CP plugin for account creation suspension etc , the helpdesk ...needs some help in my opinion , so until it improves we are using a different script for the helpdesk.

its been worth the 99$
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator