Thread: Virus Scanning

Castle Pines, CO

Virus Scanning

Just curious - I was reading thru some TOS (God, I never thought I would have that much time! LOL) and I was trying to see what other companies used for virus protection on e-mails. I never really thought about it until now. The company that I was with before getting my own servers had this one minute statement:
    The Hosting Company service is provided on an as is, as available basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Hosting Company expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the Hosting Company service will be error-free, secure or uninterrupted. No oral advice or written information given by Hosting Company, its employees, licensors or the like, will create a warranty; nor may you rely on any such information or advice. Hosting Company and its partners and suppliers will not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transaction or use of the service..
    Does anyone use something like the above or do you not even worry about it?

Re: Virus Scanning

Probably not a bad idea to put that in your terms just in case. Don't want to be sued because a customer got a virus in their email from someone else, but it went through your server.

True, its just a way to not get caught in a tangle. But yes, its better to be put in the TOS. It atleast gives you something to fall back on incase an issue even crops up.