Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I really wouldnt spend all the at once as someone said, you want to be able to last more then a few months.

I would mainly buy 1 server. co-locate it at somewhere reputable and have a truly redundant system *not fdc, and start using the money wisely on marketing.

Of course before that you need a website, good domain name and business name, billing, control panel.

Advertising, smart advertising, and more smart advertising as well as a strong USP. If your intention is to grow, that's essentially what it is all about.

Having a nice website if a definite form of self advertising, but your unique USP is just as important. Think of hosts like ipowerweb. Bad name(subjective opinion) and ugly site...but they are the saturation marketing kings and they have achieved considerable growth with this method and their strong site USP.

There is no point having full dedundant clustered servers without any customers to utilise them. Just as there is no point having a technical support team if you have no customers. Sure, they are great features to have, and if you want to use this as a selling point, so be it.

That being said, the importance of a good server and network cannot be understated, and should form the cornerstone of a successful company.

Exactly my point Professor, what use are support techs when you have no customers? colocating in centres like www.equinix.com in chicago, used by Time Warner and many other big names is one of the best datacentres i have seen and locating there really gives you the edge when it comes to maintaining network uptime and bandwith. The more targeted you are the better you can focus on advertising.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

4. id bank the 20k

5. actually no id invest in WHT

Id spend it on hookers and gambling - how could you loose?
    ----
    Aaron Ferguson - Administrator
    DroveNet Services - www.drovenet.com
    ----

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12