Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Block9Hosting

Block9Hosting

Has any one had any experience/heard anything about/got comments on www.block9hosting.net ? any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Its the reseller plans i'm interested in. They just seem a little low cost, and parts of the site seem a little unprofessional so i wasnt too sure
      0 Not allowed!

unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwitdh? IMPOSSIBLE. Don't go with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Never go with any one that claims unlimited diskspace and bandwidth, especially when they offer it at a low low price.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

yep thats wat i thought. cheers guys
      0 Not allowed!

Start or expand your PREMIUM web hosting company today!

Features Reseller Plan
    Storage Space Un-Metered
    Bandwidth Un-Metered
    Pop3 Email Unlimited Accounts
    Webmail (Neomail & Horde) Yes
    FrontPage Support Yes
    CGI / Perl / PHP / SSL Yes
    Adult Hosting Yes
    RVSkin Yes
    Fantastico Yes
    Platform Red Hat Fedora
    UNLIMITED DOMAINS YES
    cPanel 9 & WHM (Web Host Manager) Yes
    Cost ONLY $40.30/mo

I would say keep looking
    Like others have said Un-metered / unlimited space or bandwidth does not exist. Keep looking.
      0 Not allowed!

Things don't add up.

Just look at them traffic graphs they are trying to pass them off as their own links and from the stats at the bottom of the page and the prices they are selling at it all screems stay away to me.

<edit>

They have just taken the ev1.net stats page
    Last edited by strongbow; 04-27-2004 at 05:43 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Like others have said Un-metered / unlimited space or bandwidth does not exist. Keep looking.
    Un-metered bandwidth is a true thing, unlimited is not.
      0 Not allowed!

reseller pack 002
    25gigs space
    200gigs bandwidth
    unlimited everything else
    2 free custom name servers
    WHM/cPanel
    $28.50

lol.
      0 Not allowed!

lol. didnt think they seemed much use i was suspicious about the bandwidth thing but it was the unlimited everything else bit that made me think hmm...

cheers

MarK
      0 Not allowed!

block9hosting

hello there, i have noticed that there was some talk about our hosting here. please note that we do garauntee what we give our clients. and we do provide the best for each and every one of them.

each client does recieve unlimited bandwidth
    each user does recieve unmetered space useage

unmeatered- we donot activaly monitor how much disk space you use but we would ask that you use common sence when selling to your clients if you have any questions PLEASE ask us!

aim: block9support
    personal mail: [email protected]

we realize you have a choice when it comes to hosting
    reguards
    mike
    Last edited by mikeyhost; 04-28-2004 at 06:19 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by strongbow
    Things don't add up.

Just look at them traffic graphs they are trying to pass them off as their own links and from the stats at the bottom of the page and the prices they are selling at it all screems stay away to me.

<edit>

They have just taken the ev1.net stats page
    btw, that is where our client reseller servers are
      0 Not allowed!

Hello all,

I saw the block9 offer and thought it was insane and couldn't be true. Though I decided to put my trust in humanity to the test and was pleasantly surprized. This is an AMAZING host. Definately one I'll recomend to anyone. The support is the best I've seen anywhere. I currently host 2 sites (one I just set up today).

So contrary to what the guys with no experience say, give these guys a try they're good.

So please, dont badmouth these guys unless you've tried them.

Thank you, that is all.
      0 Not allowed!

So, what is your website at that host. Its kinda hard to trust someone with 1 post. Also? Can I get speeds of 10000000000gbps from your server? If so, Ill buy all I can!
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

traceroute is your friend when you want to see just what
    people try to hide behind their firewalls.

Tracing the path to www.block9hosting.net (65.254.32.210) on TCP port 80, 30 hops max, 1400 byte packets
    1 car-1-fe-1-1.ash.iad.zubrcom.net (69.31.8.1) 1.009 ms 0.839 ms 0.823 ms
    2 ge2-3.hr1.iad1.us.nlayer.net (69.31.31.81) 0.766 ms 0.736 ms 0.713 ms
    3 ge-0-0-0.cr1.iad1.us.nlayer.net (69.31.31.129) 0.985 ms 0.965 ms 0.921 ms
    4 ge6-1.cr02.ash01.pccwbtn.net (206.223.115.48) 0.937 ms 0.821 ms 0.876 ms
    5 pos5-3.cr02.atl01.pccwbtn.net (63.216.0.26) 35.862 ms 35.795 ms 35.876 ms
    6 gnax.ge3-0.5.cr02.atl01.pccwbtn.net (63.216.31.158) 36.297 ms 36.248 ms 36.262 ms
    7 209.51.131.25 (209.51.131.25) 36.188 ms 36.175 ms 36.363 ms
    8 63.247.85.6 (63.247.85.6) 35.328 ms 35.339 ms 35.312 ms
    9 tokyo.dnstraffic.net (65.254.32.210) [open] 38.357 ms 37.651 ms 36.110 ms
    www.zubrcom.net | Tel: 1-877-982-7266 / 1-267-298-3232 | [email protected][email protected]
    Hosting, VPS, Servers, Unmetered 10, 100 and Gigabit servers - Colocation - Engineering services
    "Elegant solutions to complex problems in the Internet-centric world"
      0 Not allowed!

So what datacenter is that ?
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

But of course it that pesky hop 6 says it is GNAX.
    www.zubrcom.net | Tel: 1-877-982-7266 / 1-267-298-3232 | [email protected][email protected]
    Hosting, VPS, Servers, Unmetered 10, 100 and Gigabit servers - Colocation - Engineering services
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I dont look at GNAXs tracrts often, and I'm tired
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

what are you trying to prove?

i dont understand what it is you are trying to prove with a trace route. and i dont understand all the criticism towards block9hosting. we are not hiding anything. servers are @ GNAX (gnax.com). input concerning these issues would be nice. i just dont understand what is happening here
      0 Not allowed!

Well, they've only been around 3 months but most hosts usually get wise within 3 months. Obviously there are exceptions to rule and usually that includes illiterate 14 year old kiddie hosters that falsify whois records, "garauntee" "unmeatered" transfer although they don't "activaly" monitor "useage" but of course it's all based on "common sence".

Sorry for being a bit of a Grammarian but people like this need to be hung out to dry (and then sent back to the 3rd grade).
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability
      0 Not allowed!

i was not asking to be cut up but rather why people here seem to have a problem with our services when you have never tried them for yourself. all our services come with a 15 day money back guarantee. we have only lost a 2 or 3 customers and one was because we had to get rid of him/her for storing warez (im sure alot of hosts get this every now and then). our customers seem to be happy with our services as i myself havent heard any complaints.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: what are you trying to prove?

Originally posted by block9hostin
    i dont understand what it is you are trying to prove with a trace route. and i dont understand all the criticism towards block9hosting. we are not hiding anything. servers are @ GNAX (gnax.com). input concerning these issues would be nice. i just dont understand what is happening here
    Here is another hint:

Registrant:
    block9hosting.net block9hosting.net
    block9hosting.net block9hosting.net, GA 55555
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: BLOCK9HOSTING.NET
    Created on: 29-Feb-04
    Expires on: 28-Feb-06
    Last Updated on: 11-Jun-04

Administrative Contact:
    , [email protected]
    United States
    +1.5555555555 Fax -- +1.5555555555
    Technical Contact:
    , [email protected]
    United States
    +1.5555555555 Fax -- +1.5555555555

Domain servers in listed order:
    DNS9.DNSTRAFFIC.NET
    DNS10.DNSTRAFFIC.NET
      0 Not allowed!

what would the difference be if it were to be that or private?
      0 Not allowed!

I wonder what ICANN would feel about the info in that whois...
      0 Not allowed!

i was not asking to be cut up but rather why people here seem to have a problem with our services when you have never tried them for yourself.
    Well, unlimited transfer and space hosts are generally looked upon as scum. Starting to get that warm and fuzzy feeling yet?
      0 Not allowed!

allright i understand what it is that you are getting at now (i think). is it that webhosts that provide unlimited bandwidth seem un realistic. should block9hosting limit their bandwidth?
      0 Not allowed!

If you want to be taken seriously - most definitely.

Can I upload a shoutcast server to one of your servers? It does 50,000 streams a day and usually pulls 600mbps.
      0 Not allowed!

yes i see what you mean. lol but i think that cpu useage would be more of a problem would it not?
      0 Not allowed!

allright i understand what it is that you are getting at now (i think). is it that webhosts that provide unlimited bandwidth seem un realistic. should block9hosting limit their bandwidth?
    I would think that having www.block9hosting.net up would be a good place to start...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by zubrcom
    I would think that having www.block9hosting.net up would be a good place to start...
    it is...?
      0 Not allowed!

It's up for me (unfortunately).
      0 Not allowed!

The websites I'm hosting at block9 are sophmorejakes.com and kreatemedia.net. And wow people, stop yer bitchin, if you dont like something you haven't tried, just shut up about it, holy crap. By the way, the reason I only have 1 post is because I joined purely for the purpose of letting people know that these guys are not as bad as people who haven't tried them try to make them out to be. All the stats are right on their website, so if they dont meet the needs you have, fine, none the less you have no reason to go on about these guys. Anyone with a reasonable explaination for this is welcome to say so. Otherwise, I'd suggest you go cry in a corner or something.

Another point I'd like to make, isn't it odd how the only people making rather rude comments are those bitching about what they havent tried and mike has been very calmly defending himself. My suggestion grow the f*ck up .
    Last edited by KreateMedia; 06-13-2004 at 09:17 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

It's summer, need I say more. Begin the three month cycle.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?
      0 Not allowed!

should block9hosting limit their bandwidth?
    Does block9hosting have unlimited bandwidth?

And there are some reseller plans there with unlimited everything? Interesting thought...

if you dont like something you haven't tried, just shut up about it, holy crap.
    Nice! Real nice!

KreateMedia, I believe you didn't read the rules:
    We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
    There are more rules here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules
      0 Not allowed!

Unlimited doesn't exist. Plain and simple. Don't offer it.
      0 Not allowed!

Unlimited. Yes. If I can take all the servers at oneandone, gnax, the planet, managed, servermatrix, ev1, rackshack and all, use your server to route the bandwidth. Can I pull....1,000,000,000,000 Gbps on it?
    Can I use over your 1 or 2 tb bandwidth?
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by KreateMedia
    The websites I'm hosting at block9 are sophmorejakes.com and kreatemedia.net.
    Um, not exactly.

I'll give you sophmorejakes.com, although these isn't any web content to look at, just a form with a few posts. If you go to kreatemedia.net, it comes up as being parked at GoDaddy.com.

0 Not allowed!

I was reading through this thread with some interest. We have at one extreme a host that offers unlimited everything, but is quite bewildered by the (at times offensive) criticism they are receiving in here. At another end we have some (mostly hosts) that are very vociferous in their criticism as if they are offering the very best in services themselves. In fact, one of these, whom I see is quite vocal in many fora here, and even fancies himself as somewhat of a grammarian (as if this was the point, indeed!), is offering some very slow hosting and service and hasn't brought his prices down in a relatively long time. Perhaps some humility is in order? Or at least some civility?
      0 Not allowed!

I love this place. That is all.

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by beezkuit
    In fact, one of these, whom I see is quite vocal in many fora here, and even fancies himself as somewhat of a grammarian (as if this was the point, indeed!), is offering some very slow hosting and service and hasn't brought his prices down in a relatively long time. Perhaps some humility is in order? Or at least some civility?
    And your point about Block9Hosting is?

(Maybe you want to speak to about 1000 of our resellers who received a price drop and/or upgrade just 2 months ago. Bothers me that you assume to know so much but you are a nobody.)
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast