Thumbs down stay away from lypha

i am sharing with you my experience, this iw going to be long

I have received 3 days ago for the first time an email from my provider telling me that I have reached 80 percent of my site bandwidth but I was only at 40gb and my contract with my provider was for 100gb with a rollover bonuses (the site has been online for 4 monts and I have about 300gb rollover bonuses)

The next day my site was down and the following message was displayed: this account has been suspended Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
    My emails as well as my access to my control panel were disabled also…

I contacted the billing section, and received this answer 24 hours later:
    With regard to your query, you have not paid for the service you are using. You will need to login to the billing module and pay the invoice.

I gave them my credit card information (that has expired 2 days ago) 4 months earlier and did not check whether they have been credited or no,

As soon as I received the above email I used another credit card, paid my invoice and asked them to put site online again

This is the reply a received:
    We do understand your concern. We have recieved the payment, your account is now active from the billing side. But on the server it says that your account was suspended due to excessive bandwidth usage. We would like you to wait till 1st of May. Please bear with us.

I replied them telling that I cannot wait till the 1rst of may, that I have spent time promoting the site, that I am loosing visitors and money each day.

And here is the reply I received
    We do understand your concern, but currently undergoing maintainance and the same would completed soon. We would like you to maintain your calm, as we are currently unable to provide you with the service. But you would be our first preference if we happen to resolve the problem. Please bear with us.

The site went online again 2 days later and I have received the following response for my emails:

With regard to your query,your account has been unsuspended.
    The rollover bandwidth takes into account only the previous month's usage.
    We are answering the issues as your account had both technical(bandwidth usage) issues as well as billing (non-payment of dues) issues.
    You have to login to the billing module and 'manually' pay the invoices.Your credit card wil not be charged automatically.
    With regard to your query,your account has been unsuspended.
    The bandwidth usage will have to be restricted below 50Gb below till around mid may.After mid may we will give you 110GB badwidth for the waiting.
    Please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions.

This was ok for me till yesteday when the site went over the 50 gb and got closed due to exessive bandwidth usage

i have reached the bandwidth limit of 50gb and here is what i received and sent to them today

received
    We do understand your concern. Due to excess usage of bandwidth by some of our clients. Presently, we don't have enough bandwidth. We are trying to resolve the problem. As soon as additional bandwidth is available to us. We will be more than happy to allocate it to you.

and this was my reply

Thank you for your quick reply,
    There are many points I would like to point to .
    How can someone use more bandwidth than the amount he is allowed to?
    How can they do this and me use only 50 percent of what I have paid for?
    Who took the decision to crop my bandwidth by half without giving me notification? Or without asking my permission?
    Why did you allow someone to use the bandwidth I PAID FOR?
    I have been using about 20 or 30 GB since 5 months, I was supposed to have about 300 gb ready to use from past months rollovers. Were is my rollover bonuses?

You do not mention in your email WHEN will my site be online again? Tomorrow? Please give me a date; I am not obliged to pay for others to use my bandwidth..
    How much bandwidth will you allocate me for the next months???

Am I also to understand that if I need more than 100gb per month I can't have them even if I pay for??? my site is having more and more visitors and in a few months i will need more than 100 gb

Why are you still offering 100gb to the new costumers and you already can't give your existent costumers their own 100gb?

Please try to answer to all these questions one by one this will help me to understand the situation

I am loosing money each day,and about 2000 serfers each day because of some negligence of your part please try to do something

Have a nice day

Regards

And here is the reply I received for the last email
    They are only answered the question that interest them…

Hi ,
    Thank you for your message.
    Your account reached the bandwidth allocation limit. Please check the issue of using these resources or you can purchase extra bandwidth $1.5 / mo.
    Thank you again, please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions we are more than happy to hear from you.

i'm sorry to hear that

I remember seeing there offer for "rollover bandwidth" and was trying to figure out how they weould do that.

I see now.

Yeah I had the same reseller account I had some downtime, basicly why I switched to dedicated, no answers to my questions but replys, Im at the same point I paid by credit card when I signed up my card was never charged and they told me the same thing log-in and re-pay, Im like screw it I paid once, they neglected to manage there billing, and the service suxs, but also no one answers the phone there ever.

Dosent make any sence either with 100GB and 1000MB disk and that resellers have 3 packages available to make, "cant make custom pkgs for clients" but manualy can change there quotas which dosnet do any good when your using host management software this plan is $20 a month with prepay or like $25 a month

500mb data and 50 mb space = 20 accounts
    1000 mb data and 100 Mb space = 10 accounts
    2000 mb fata and 200 mb space = 5 total accounts

might be decent reseller if there wasnt as many problems and downtime and cutom packages were able to be made.

they are likely overselling bandwidth allotted to their dedicated servers, the server you were hosted on was likely nearing its allotment and they did not want to pay overage. use a host that *really* charges for the service they promise.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Yes! Its sound like OverSelling.

another interesting point: i am sure you have read about their 'goldbox' hosting architecture, complete with load-balancers and content compression gateways. besides me being able to authoritatively say that it is not technically feasible to do so, it is *factually impossible* to do so with budget dedicated servers. specifically, the thread starter is on a server at liquidweb. that a company would have the audacity to make something like that up and market it is quite mind-boggling.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Heaving read the above thread; do you think i am in a position to ask them to give me back my money??? I was also advised to write to the B.B.B
    What do you think about that?

Originally posted by APX
    I remember seeing there offer for "rollover bandwidth" and was trying to figure out how they weould do that.

I see now.
    I agree entirely. When the marketing method of offering "Rollover Bandwidth" cropped up here in the past 2 months, I was in suspense just waiting to see the results. This definitely is unfortunately an expected reality.

Best of luck to you.
    - Tim

Originally posted by jimy444
    Heaving read the above thread; do you think i am in a position to ask them to give me back my money??? I was also advised to write to the B.B.B
    What do you think about that?
    If you are willing to fight for it. I doubt you will get it back though.

I would suggest you move on. There are lots of good hosts out there. Start by searching for some on here. Find a few that will at least meet your needs. Do some research on them, and then contact them for more info.

For the resources you need I would suggest maybe getting a large reseller package or VPS, so you know the resources will be alocated to you.

Good luck

I was under the impression that Lypha was a reputable company. Boy can looks be deceptive.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    • 24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

Lypha looks good, but offers bad service. I had an account with them for a couple of months (they failed to bill me also; took them 3 days to respond to my billing question) It was down a lot and they always had bs reasons. They basically told me the server I was on is overloaded, but never wanted to move me.
    Selling text links on a web development and design website.
    Permanent PR6 and/or monthly PR7 link - limited quantity avaliable - PM for details

Well obviously they are doing some big time overselling by looking at their prices. You can never offer rollover bandwidth as a viable solution, it always backfires.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    • 24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

jimy444

You paid for 100Gb bandwidth, were promised that and they did not give you what you paid for so dispute the latest charges. You have the e-mail proof and you have your plan that shows what you should be getting. If everyone who got screwed with hosting disputed the CC charges hosting companies would be forced to provide decent service or would get their merchant accounts shut down due to too many disputes which would effectivly put them out of business. If this is a true reflection of what happen then I urge you to do your best to get your money back via your CC company in the form of a dispute, but you must ask them formaly for your money back first.

Believe every word, Lypha is horrible

The previous experiences noted about unwarranted account suspensions etc. are true. My experience was not even bandwidth related, they could not even tell my why. Their support email is answered by people who either do not understand english or just choose to answer the parts of your request they want or maybe their answer is about a completely different topic. I am not being sarcastic when I say it seems kids are answering their emails.

lypha

i used lypha for 2 weeks......they answered every ticket i sent, except for the ticket i sent to get my 30 day money back guarantee. i kept trying to contact them and they never responded. they were probably trying to let the 30 days go by before they responded. i had to go through 2checkout.com to get my money back.

overselling is understatement with lypha! Havent you seen there banners 50 GBS for $4.95 man I wish I had bandwidth like that . LMAO I was reading there a big outfit. I dont know how, by there tech support or the fact I have never had a person answer the phone over there they may have alot of customers but probably also a hugh turnover rate.

My experience with Lypha is like getting from bad to worse...

1. Their server load is always in the red. (Cpanel Server Status)

2. Sometimes it gets so bad you can't even access your site.

3. I tried to apply for personal nameservers, they never responded, after 5 tries I gave up. I want to give them money but they failed to respond.

4. The last straw broke my camel's back.. They just sent a mail informing me that there is a change in the nameservers!!

You will need to visit your domain registrar to
    create your own nameservers based on the settings above.

Furthermore, every domain you create & host will need
    to use the above DNS nameserver settings.

NOTE:
    There is a propagation time of somewhere between 2
    to 5 days, therefore, your personal DNS server will not take
    effect until that time. To check on its progress, simply run
    a WHOIS on your domain name to see if the settings are
    appearing in the world DNS records yet.

What about my clients!!!?? Its not like every client lets you have their domain manager password..

This is really too much..

IMHO, I may be wrong.

If Lyhpa is
    1. Overselling by so much.
    2. Did not even bill their customer's CC
    3. Receiving so much chargebacks (at least $US20 per chargeback)

How long more do you think they will be around?

My advise to all looking for reseller hosting:- Look elsewhere.

I just dumped them after 2 weeks of server load around 20 to 30 and 45 yes 45 tickets with the same "response sorry for any trouble" we are working on it blah blah blah you know the type.
    Slow page load times = lost clients
    Then they changed the bandwidth on the packages on the main site, when i asked is this retroactive they replied via email yes it is.
    Amazingly after I sent in the cancellation request along with the refund request they come up with all kinds of answers.
    However one thing I did was send an exact copy of my cancellation to 2checkout via their website form ... maybe that was why they replied so fast.