Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how come namecheap wont lower their reg fees?

just wondering,

how come namecheap wont lower their 8.88 domain?
    godaddy lowered it already...

well as for me i use godaddy since they have the lowest fee including the cc fees if any..

if only namecheap will lower their domain fee, i might choose them compared to godaddy

Probably because people think they're still competitive? I use 1&1 for domains.

GD won't stay this low for long. There is no way they can cover all their overhead at 6.95. These companies don't just look at what everyone else is doing and slap a price tag on their website.

Maybe because they are a little better and provide a little more for a little more....

Pricing, my friend, is worth at least a half-year course in college. LOL! Lowering the price does NOT necessarily mean more sales. And having more sales does NOT necessarily mean better profit. It all comes down to demand and supply. Hey, Economics 101, isn't it?
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Originally posted by nameslave
    Pricing, my friend, is worth at least a half-year course in college. LOL! Lowering the price does NOT necessarily mean more sales. And having more sales does NOT necessarily mean better profit. It all comes down to demand and supply. Hey, Economics 101, isn't it?
    Add a dash off Marketing and Finance.

Originally posted by acts837
    GD won't stay this low for long. There is no way they can cover all their overhead at 6.95. These companies don't just look at what everyone else is doing and slap a price tag on their website.
    I agree, I think godaddy is just trying to capture as much marketshare as possible in the short-term
    Domain Maven

Add a dash off Marketing and Finance.
    ... and a bit of common sense.
    DirectorioVPS · List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting · The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

godaddy is a registrar and they get domains for lower than 6.95 so they still make profit.

namecheap are enom resellers so cheapest they get is 6.95 + credit card processing fee, so i doubt they can go lower
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Plus it is just an april sale. Also just a loss leader for them, if you register a domain name they hope you will get hosting or something else they spam to you by email.

actually, with advertising at every corner... the prices might stay

I think they might keep it for another month or two. The more names now = more renewals next year at a higher rate
    Domain Maven

$6.95 from GoDaddy is a temporary sale.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

[quote]namecheap are enom resellers so cheapest they get is 6.95 + credit card processing fee, so i doubt they can go lower
    [quote]

now i know namecheap is a reseller of enom.

Arent there are any companies there willing to have same service like enom?

i know directi does, but too bad for them they only accept paypal and doesnt have any cc merchant.

GD is a direct iccan registrar right?

namecheap is already a big company, why dont they just be a ICANN member instead of being a enom reseller. im sure they can afford ICANN fees

Re: how come namecheap wont lower their reg fees?

Originally posted by pidoy
    how come namecheap wont lower their 8.88 domain?
    they feel that that's an auspicious number

namecheap is already a big company, why dont they just be a ICANN member instead of being a enom reseller. im sure they can afford ICANN fees
    You may want to ask RegisterFly first; they are 4-5 times larger (with 700,000 registrations) but still remains an eNom reseller.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

i know directi does, but too bad for them they only accept paypal and doesnt have any cc merchant.
    Who told you they "only accept paypal"?

They do have their own company to process payments by credit card: Transecute

If you have a reseller account (very easy to setup, btw), you can fill your account by using your own credit card. Just ask them or have a look at their very comprehensive KB.

Greetings,
    DirectorioVPS · List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting · The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

Anyone can reduce prices, it doesn't say much about their business sense, and I guess namecheap are focused on the bottom line.

Originally posted by Bashar

namecheap are enom resellers so cheapest they get is 6.95 + credit card processing fee, so i doubt they can go lower
    I doubt namecheap would be paying $6.95, enom have offered $6.50 pricing publically in the past, I would assume namecheap is lower than that.

Originally posted by snoop
    Anyone can reduce prices, it doesn't say much about their business sense, and I guess namecheap are focused on the bottom line.
    or focused on paying the support staff...
    so not lowering prices would say alot about thier business sense.
    Last edited by hasged; 04-29-2004 at 04:56 AM.
    yep.

never heared enom lowered their CNO pricing to $6.50 to whomsoever, mind to share where did you hear that?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    never heared enom lowered their CNO pricing to $6.50 to whomsoever, mind to share where did you hear that?
    I'm curious too.

They do have their own company to process payments by credit card: Transecute
    you need to fax them the front and back of your cc
    thats very unsecure. plus faxing will cost you money

Re: how come namecheap wont lower their reg fees?

how come namecheap wont lower their 8.88 domain
    Well, you always have the option at Namecheap to prebuy in bulk in order to get better pricing. That's what I do, anyways.

http://www.namecheap.com/pricing.asp?topnav .

Send them an email at reseller@ to get a breakdown.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Well, you always have the option at Namecheap to prebuy in bulk in order to get better pricing. That's what I do, anyways.
    how much is your .com/.net.org for prepaid?
    PHdomain.com- Your .PH domain registration provider
    -
    PageRankStatus.com - Check your Page Rank Status

You can bring it down to under 8 bucks. Email them for details.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast