Main difference between 2checkout and paysystems

I just want to clarify the following.

1 - What are chargebacks? When a client wants a refund? Hence, paysystems and 2checkout charge for this?

2 - Implemented script. I noticed on a few hosts that uses paysystems, once you hit the order button, they're taken to a different screen where users input their billing information. Can't I implement it to stay within the layout of my page?

3 - It seems paysystems give users the option to request a refund. hence, as a merchant, you'll have to check in periodically to see who has cancelled, thus, eliminating their account from one's server. What happens with 2checkout? Client wants refund and email is sent to merchant?

A chargeback is basically when a consumer contacts 2CO, Paysystems, or their Visa to state the charge was not authorized or the product they bought from you did not live up to their expectations.

Paysystems is trying to convert all their third party processing to a merchant account. So you should be able to have an API to stay on your website. You would need an SSL to capture the CC data on your website.

Not too sure exactly how 2CO handles chargebacks, this does state some information: http://www.support.2checkout.com/des...hp?article=222

Keep in mind that any third party processing solution or even your own merchant account will have its own specific ways of handling things like chargebacks, etc.

My advice is to make sure you are provided a clear description of the policy in writing and make sure that you plan out how you will routinely check for things like cancelled billings, etc. if you are using a 3PP.

If you have your own merchant account, your main concern should be on preventing chargebacks by performing an appropriate level of due diligence on initial signups and transactions and by making sure that you promptly handle any billing requests from customers.

By being pro-active, you can really help to reduce the number of problems you experience via either method.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Hmmm ... easy enough to follow.

So, if a client wants a refund for whatever reason (assuming I grant refunds) then I'll get charge for a chargeback?

I noticed 2checkout offers somewhat of a personal customization where as paysystems order page looks the same for everyone.

Well it really does not matter if you grant refunds or not. If I call my issuing Visa credit card company & tell them I was not happy with your services, they will issue me a refund. I do not have to call 2CO.

Originally posted by coreybryant
    Well it really does not matter if you grant refunds or not. If I call my issuing Visa credit card company & tell them I was not happy with your services, they will issue me a refund. I do not have to call 2CO.
    Technically it's not that easy. If you issue a refund, then it's simply a refund, it's not a chargeback, so you don't have any charges (that I'm aware of).

However, if a person gets a charge on their credit card they didn't make, or if they receive the wrong product they can request a chargeback be issued. In most cases, if someone requests a refund, it's best to simply give it to them or you'll run the risk of a chargeback.

Businesses (in most cases) have time to respond, but it seems as of late it's becoming almost "automated" in the sense that the business gets shafted regardless.

I was responding to the fact that he said if he granted refunds. His policy could be No Refunds. If I am not happy with their service - I just call my bank & tell them I want my money back.

When you issue a refund - there would more than likely be some charges. If someone pays you $100 and your discount rate is 2.5% and a transaction rate is $.50 your bank deposit is $97.00. Now you will actually give them a refund of $100 (unless you charge a re-stocking fee). And you might be charged $.50 for hitting the gateway.