Angry Attention Richard Ward

Where is my Laptop? I've been waiting since last Thursday. Your email it not working right now. Please call me asap.

PS, anybody ever deal with this guy? Feedback?

Why does that name sound familiar?

Does "Richard Ward" post here?
    -- Matthew

Originally posted by webmultitude
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member...o&userid=19540
    His last post was here....

11-30-2003 09:08 PM
    [Merged] Can you access 2checkout now?

I doubt he will be back soon.
    -- Matthew

Re: Attention Richard Ward

Originally posted by AndrewMcCali
    Where is my Laptop? I've been waiting since last Thursday. Your email it not working right now. Please call me asap.

PS, anybody ever deal with this guy? Feedback?
    Care to explain what has happened?

Why do I get the chills every time I read about someone buying a laptop online?

People, buy from a store...new.

ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

I bought a laptop from him last thursday. We spent about an hour on the phone working out all the details. He shipped it out and emailed me a tracking number. The number was not valid, don't know why. Anyway, he went to a web hosting convention for 4 days. His wife ended up putting the package on hold until the check cleared. I called him on Friday to check up on it. He said everything was cleared and the package was on it's way. It's not Monday, with no Laptop. It should have been here by now. The number he gave me to contact him is not working. His cell voicemail is full.

I didn't know WHT was the police / complaint centre

11. It's not, but Richard was a poster here and as of now, this is my only possible means of contact.

It can take more than 4 days for a package to arrive, especially if they don't do sundays. So just hold on to your shorts, because it may be on its way.

is this a warning to the rest??!!

It isn't smart buying stuff off people over the internet. Especially something expensive like a laptop. Not the smartest way to go. Hope you get it figured out.

I only buy stuff off of ebay, and from people that have a history of selling expensive stuff, and have above 98% feed back.

Yeah, as mentioned before just wait it out awhile, it will most likely arive tomorrow or sometime this week. If you end up not getting it just contact him (via the phone number posted above) and if you do not prevail give the police a call.

Maybe you'll get a call from Hawaii thanking you for the wedding anniversary gift

Originally posted by +HiGh^
    It isn't smart buying stuff off people over the internet. Especially something expensive like a laptop. Not the smartest way to go. Hope you get it figured out.
    huh??

is this a joke?

i sold 2 ibooks and cell phones and all kinds of stuff.

i also make large purchases on the net as well...

not understanding your logic here
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Lauren, I think he generalised this comment a litttle to much. If you know, or they are respective business dealers, then sure why not?

I personally, as Matt, would not trust someone that IM's me or PM's me through a website.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

It's not, but Richard was a poster here and as of now, this is my only possible means of contact.
    He hasn't posted here in a couple of months... and furthermore, this isn't the place for this kind of crap.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Originally posted by MyMody
    With that kind of advice all you web hosts are well buggered. Of course people should be buying off the internet. Just make sure you do it with a reputable business or you trust the seller. I think Dell sell laptops online I think most people here would trust them.

Simon

Originally posted by sirius
    He hasn't posted here in a couple of months... and furthermore, this isn't the place for this kind of crap.

Sirius
    One mans crap is another mans gold. This is the lounge. I see nothing wrong with the post. I am sorry it offended you so

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
    One mans crap is another mans gold.
    You mean I best not flush it away anymore??? Might be worth something.

I agree though with your comment. It is the lounge after all.
    -- Matthew

When buying online you should always take your time. If the person seems to be in a hurry that is a red flag (not always, but for the most part it is). Search around for the person, ask many questions. If you do not feel safe or "easy" giving the money to the person then find another person that is selling the same thing.

When you have a seller selling to you make sure you get all of the sellers infomation. Phone, Address, State, Zip Code, ect. You can easly check on the internet to make sure the infomation he gave you is correct.

Some times it does take longer to ship out items. What type of shipping did he do? I know of many times it can take up to 7 days or more. Just depends when he shipped it, how he shipped it, and what company he gave it to ship it with.

You said he gave you a tracking number? You said it wasn't correct? Well that isn't a good sign. Though you or he could of said a wrong number so when you checked it.. it showed as not a wrong number.
    I am back....

Originally posted by SimonMc
    One mans crap is another mans gold. This is the lounge. I see nothing wrong with the post. I am sorry it offended you so

Simon
    I'm not sure where you got that it offended me... probably the same logic used to post the thread.

What's the point in posting that here, when the person you are looking for hasn't been here for months?

Best of luck recovery your gold.

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

26. I'm pretty sure he is a fraud now. After doing a ton of research, things don't add up. Until I receive my money back, I'm saying

Richard Ward is a Scammer

His business website is 1netlane.com

Please don't buy any hosting from this crook.

I'm pretty sure he is a fraud now. After doing a ton of research, things don't add up. Until I receive my money back, I'm saying

Thanks for sharing.

Sirius

I'm pretty sure he is a fraud now. After doing a ton of research, things don't add up. Until I receive my money back, I'm saying

He's not exactly known for telling the truth. Like his dual xeon in his own datacenter, that was a reseller account on god-knows-who's celeron in Rackshack's datacenter..

And last I checked, he's not married.

In my experience of buying hardware anywhere online, I've been pretty lucky (nothing bad has happened). I never buy from individuals on web forums unless they are in my area and will do the exchange in person.

I only buy complete systems / parts if they're on eBay from a powerseller with at least 99.9% positive feedback and 1000+ transactions, or a credible company's online web store. In all cases, I require the seller to be PayPal verified, have buyer protection, at least a 90 day return period, and at least a 1 year manufacturor's warranty.

If everyone else did all of the above, I'm sure there would be a lot less problems out there...

I agree that Laptops are probably the most scammed piece of computer hardware on the planet. I'd say the #1 PayPal fraud you hear about is some poor Joe buying a laptop online, or some poor Joe selling his laptop online.

Appologies for bumping an old post however i thought that the participants of this thread would liked to have seen this news article (pertaining to scammer Mr Richard Ward, one in the same):

h(tee tee)p://adelga.com/article.php?story=20041023092940293

Maybe he got arrested in the meantime and he failed to ship you the item
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

32. The good news it that I did manage to get a partial refund from him.

Hey, atleast the scammer will be behind bars.

Hmmmm......Richard Ward....Richard Ward.....

Wasn't that the name of the original drummer for Black Sabbath?

Nevermind, I was thinking about Bill Ward.

Ozzy called me. LOL