Account Suspended Page - Doesnt Work

Hello People,

Here is another problem i'm getting, I set the Account Suspended page through WHM >> Modify Account Suspended Page however I get my own 404 rather than the specified page for suspended users.

I looked at the error logs,

File does not exist: /home/user/public_html/suspended.page/

So I create a HTML page and saved it as suspended.page and put it in public_html , same error....

The problem is I dont want the suspended user to think it our problem (says its temp. unavailable on 404) rather than they forgot to pay the monthly fee.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

<edit> I made sure its not being saved as suspended.page.html but just suspended.page </edt>
    Last edited by vaio; 04-26-2004 at 03:12 AM.

Are you a reseller or do you have your own dedicated?

Own dedicated.

If you have uploaded as root: have you make sure to chown the file to the appropriate user? Also, are you sure that you have set the page correctly in WHM?

Regards,

well, actually its looking for the main website's public html

/home/user/public_html/suspended.page/ where user is the root account not the suspended account.

I don't see any wrong way to set the page, it only has a save button. I used its original file, when it didnt work, I made my own.. and later, I just uploaded a HTML file of my own as suspended.page ... not sure why its not working...

Mmm I suggest that you contact the hosting company.

I'm supposed to be the hosting company

anyways, I will try cPanel support,

more suggestions are welcome.

Some of our resellers had this problem, and the only way we found to fix it was by clicking on the "Modify Suspended Account Page" link and then clicking save at the bottom. (Whether or not you customize the page is up to you). After that, the correct page would show up.

Hope this helps!
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Here is what you do, go to the suspended sites public_html and look at the .htaccess file it will have a redirect in there. See where the redirect is going.

Some how you have changed the root owners site or suspended page so it is redirecting to the wrong site.

FInd out what site it is redirecting to and add a suspended.page to it or fix roots site to the be the correct one.

You should also check the cPanel forums for more info. You will probably find a fix there as well.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Also, the trailing / at the end means that it's looking for a directory not a file. Perhaps if you remove the trailing slash you'll have better luck. Or, depending how the software works, maybe the html file and all the images should be in that directory.
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

Got it!

Suspended page should be

/home/user/public_html/suspended.page/

where suspended.page is not a file but a directory, then you will have to create a index.html and place it in that folder.

somehow WHM isn't doing it for me...

Thanks for the replies.

Glad everything is alright with you now. For future reference, most people do not know. cPanel provides AIM Support.

AIM ScreenName: cpanelsupport

He is the sales manager, or support manager. He is some kind of manager, and is very helpful.

Originally posted by cybexhost1
    Glad everything is alright with you now. For future reference, most people do not know. cPanel provides AIM Support.

AIM ScreenName: cpanelsupport

He is the sales manager, or support manager. He is some kind of manager, and is very helpful.
    Thanks for the information.

When BURST went down for an entire weekend, and when they came back online - finally - all cPanel licenses were expired.

After a quick contact with that Manager via AIM - we got temporary cPanel licenses so we could transfer all data over to new servers without hesitation.

Thought that was pretty darn nice.