Custom Storefront - Programmer Recommendations

Hey All,

A potential client of mine has asked me to come up with a rounded quote of what it would cost for an online storefront to be made and launched to sell their product for them.

My dilemma is the following :

I am trying to avoid using OsCommerce and any other free/shareware applications for this, as I would like my client to walk away at the end of the day with FULL copyright and ownership of anything that they pay for, meaning no pre-made applications bearing an outsider party copyright notice. I would also prefer to have all of the features made to fit specification.

Now I am searching for very competent programmers, proficient in PHP / MySQL or ASP to give me a ballpark quote for this kind of project.

If anybody here actually knows of any top programmers, who are able to do this job (and I mean reputable entities, or high quality freelancers) then please step forward and help me, I have 1 week to gather quotes and I would like to consider as many people as I can.

Thankyou for the help in advance

Talk to "null" on this forum. I've worked with him in the past and have been very happy with his work. Great guy to talk to as well. He's not the cheapest, but he does quality work.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Thanks for the assistance VanHost - I'll get in touch with null and see what he can do for me

Money isn't important at this stage, I'm shopping around for quotes and talent, since it's not my money I don't know what I have to work with - I have another 6 days to round up a good group of candidates for the job.

Please, keep the referrals coming

Originally posted by visio
    Thanks for the assistance VanHost - I'll get in touch with null and see what he can do for me

Money isn't important at this stage...
    Not a problem. It just seems these days, the standard WHT'er is more concerned about price, so I just thought I would mention he isn't the cheapest. I, however, am like you. I look for quality over price. Especially when you are quoting still. Find out how much it is for quality and then tack on your margin.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Being a webdesigner has that kind of effect on me, I'm more concerned about quality products, than penny pinching the final bill

You may also want to inquire with Gargoyle from the WHT forums here, I believe he also does a good bit of custom storefront development as well. Best of luck with your search!
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Also I have a small ASP cart - it does do inventory & colors / sizes. If you would like that - let me know.

Thanks very much cdgcommerce , I will look into it

coreybryant , I apologise for wasting any of your time, I hope I made it clear enough that I'm looking for a fully custom solution.

So far, I have two quotes from two very good candidates

No worries - I did not know if you had wanted to take a look @ the cart to see if you could possibly use some or all of its functionalities, that's all. It was just a small cart that I made my programmers build for our smaller clients. We tend to do speciality work but the small cart can be used by most or tweaked to whatever is needed.