Question Limiting Fantastico

Dear WHT Fantastico users,
    I am planning on purchasing fantastico for my servers.
    However, I might put a small one-time fee on it so customers can have access to it.
    However, I was wondering if you can limit fantastico to certain clients?
    Or, is it by default set so everyone can access it?

Regards,
    -Greg

Fantastico is an excellent program, script, whatever you wish to call it. It is very helpful for newer clients who might not know how to install such scripts. I am pretty sure you can limit on which clients can have access to it, however not really sure. I would just raise the price up for each package maybe... .50 cents per month so everyone can take advantage of it's greatness. Even if you were to find a way to limit it to certain users, it would be hard.

You can limit it by client or hosting plan.
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

Now that I think about it, you MAY be able to do it by hosting plan. However, it would depend on versions you may have.

What is you control panel software?

What we used to do in cpanel (before we began to give fantastico out to everyone) is only put the link to the fantastico scripts on one of the Themes. Then we only give that theme to customers that use fantastico. That is of course if you aren't using the fantastico theme itself for your users theme. We didn't like that theme, so we use xlagoon....then just put the link to the scripts on the xlagoon.

Damion McHenry
    InterXstream
    www.interXstream.com

Fantastico access can be controlled by hosting account for sure, you can also limit which scripts each account has access to. There are other limits available too.

As for skins, RVSkins makes it very easy to hide the Fantastico (or any other feature) quite easily and based on account level.
    Dynanet Network Services - 206-607-9075
    We Do Hosting - Established May 2001
    http://www.dynanet.ca/

Originally posted by Dynanet
    Fantastico access can be controlled by hosting account for sure, you can also limit which scripts each account has access to. There are other limits available too.

As for skins, RVSkins makes it very easy to hide the Fantastico (or any other feature) quite easily and based on account level.
    RVSkins is a great tool, however it is not free.

Fantatico is an awesome little bundle. Most hosts these days give it for free. If you think about it, it could decide if someone buys from your or not.

They don't give it to you for free, they just raise the price for each package by 25 or 50 cents, and say it's included.

I have been with numerous hosts and still paid the same amount after any script/service was installed. If they didn't ask for it then why charge them? Its a complimentary product.

Are you saying installed by Fantastico, or installed by a support rep?

Either/or.

Having it installed by a support rep is included in the company's service and support. Fantastico's cost is covered by a surcharge automatically added on to every hosting package - they just say it's 'Included.'

Going a bit overboard with the posts there cybexhost? 13 in a row lol.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

Originally posted by cybexhost1
    They don't give it to you for free, they just raise the price for each package by 25 or 50 cents, and say it's included.
    I beg to differ. We give it to our clients for free. We give it to them for the same price that our packages have always been.

It is included on the servers where we get our dedicated services from. Or at least they add it into the price they charge us...but it is a good enough deal

And, yes it can (and has for us) been a deciding factor if a customer purchases. It is a great set of tools.

Regards,
    Damion McHenry
    InterXstream
    www.interXstream.com

Originally posted by cMark
    Going a bit overboard with the posts there cybexhost? 13 in a row lol.
    What can I say, I love WHT.
    I basically live on here.

Good enough.
    I'm probably going to buy it soon.
    Do you guys have any deals with them? Any resellers that can give me a good price for Fantastico for 2 servers?

Regards,
    -Greg

No advertising allowed on WHT forums. Sorry.

Originally posted by InfluxHost
    Good enough.
    I'm probably going to buy it soon.
    Do you guys have any deals with them? Any resellers that can give me a good price for Fantastico for 2 servers?

Regards,
    -Greg
    Some datacenters offer it free with cpanel/whm.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?