Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    creepcolony>>
    -Try running adaware scan once again the same way after reboot, and if it finds 0 objects, you're clear. Watch out for the registry entries: I thought I got them all gone, but still found 2 tonight: roimoi and ssprint. Although they should not be any danger, we don't wanna give that bastard a chance now, do we
    -Also try typing in some nonsense webpage the way you did before and if it skips the errorplace redirection, problem should be solved. I don't think IE or windows' core was damaged for good.
    I was whining to Lycos about this for a while but no useful help from them. I doubt this worm is their doing and has anything to do w/ them, but since both Kerio and Norton kept telling me everything was OK, I tried Adware and suprisingly it found it, although they supposedly updated the roings definitions just about mid-April.

I had did astmin's way, but not comment step 1,2,3. My mistake...

I had this too. Went to http://errorplace.com, downloaded the uninstaller, and now my IE seems to be fine.

I'm using mozilla now nonetheless. I feel safer somehow (even though that might not necessarily be the case).

I'll give you guys a hint. Some spyware will hide themselves from anti-spyware if it sees it on your computer. I found an option that works great to prevent this.

Download S&D along with Spywareblaster. Install both and then burn their folders to a cd. Then you can run them from cd on any computer, and spyware cant intercept them or adjust any anti-spyware files to hide from them. The programs work just like as if they are installed on the computer, even updates (which afolder is created for and the update is installed to)

This usually works with Ad-Aware also. I have the pro version, and wont install it on customer's computers. I will however run it from the cd. It's only "actually installed" on one computer per their terms of use, mine. Sometimes however, it wont run on some computers from cd, I dunno why. In those cases, I simply dont use it. If you repair computers like I do, DONT IMMUNIZE unless they pay extra. Once you click that immunize button, they will never need you again....LOL, it's a good way to put yourself out of business if you immunize everyone...

Originally posted by Webdude
    DONT IMMUNIZE unless they pay extra. Once you click that immunize button, they will never need you again....LOL, it's a good way to put yourself out of business if you immunize everyone...
    I have to say I don't think that is the best business practice. Sure you may get a couple bucks out of it, but if/when some savvy friend other theirs shows them how to immunize you will look deceitful or incompetent.

Originally posted by ambirex
    I have to say I don't think that is the best business practice. Sure you may get a couple bucks out of it, but if/when some savvy friend other theirs shows them how to immunize you will look deceitful or incompetent.
    It's no worse than charging extra per email over a certain number in the hosting business. People ask for the stuff to be removed, not prevented. I do exactly what I am asked to do. That is in all businesses. Look at cars. They make parts that wear out easily so they make money from selling more. It's how businesses stay in business. You simply dont do everything possible to make sure someone never has another computer problem for only $50. I repair cheaper than others do, but I also dont kill repeat business. eg: (I dont put a metal part where a plastic one works fine.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12