Question Managed.com vs. AITCom

Hello,
    I tried to read some threads about AITCom but I couldn't find any constructive feedback in it. I was wondering if AITCom is worth the try now we stopped with Managed. (Server had routing issues)
    Support isn't something important but price, reliability and quality of the network is.
    So I'd like to request some contructive feedback about them here, I am used to Managed.com. I was pretty satisifed with them until the server that was broke. Is AITCom really as bad as some people say or are these just some copy-paste statements of 11 year olds?

Thanks in advance.
    Sincerely,
    'Frash'

() Send me a personal message

OK I'd like to give you guys an update about this.
    It takes them 2 weeks to set up the server, so be aware of that.
    We ordered a Windows Server 2003 server. It's set up with really a small amount of services although they forgot to disable "Audio". The box runs very smooth so far, but we will stresstest it with a gaming server engine called "HLDS".
    FYI We quit with managed.com because they:
    1) ...messed up our server and said it was a failed power supply
    (Yeah right, thats why even after it was fixed we couldn't log in)
    2) ...are 25 bucks more expensive (But they do got DDR Ram)
    We were really satisfied with Managed but it didnt worked out very well.

As soon we tested the box a little bit more I will post a status update. So far I am rather satisfied with them but the 2 week setup kinda "sucks". (Excuse my immature language)

To be continued.
    Sincerely,
    'Frash'

Managed.com is better.

OMG, well AITCOM is a disaster !!!! I posted volumes of "constructive" information back after I left them... and I have had three people contact me in April with similar situations, they're back at their old billing harrassment/tricks again. But from what I have read here, managed.com isn't much better. I'd say you can find much better providers than either of them.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

I agree but these are "Low budget providers", used for purposes like gaming servers etc.
    As soon we experience billing too I will drop a line here but I think its improved by now.
    Sincerely,
    'Frash'

I only heard bad things about aitcom. So I wouldnt step near them

Originally posted by Frash
    As soon we experience billing too I will drop a line here but I think its improved by now.
    The last complaint I was told about, in detail, was last week. it was a customer looking to switch. His card was being triple-charged for services, he was being charged fees for things he never ordered, and whole parts of his site were disappearing (namely scripts advertised as part of his package -- including his data and customizations related to them). When he refused to pay the fees and duplicate charges, AITCOM started calling him at home threatening legal action!

I had the identical experience 4 years ago... Doesn't sound too improved to me.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

lol that sounds like a hell :/
    BTW Google up the query "AITCom" and you'll see this page is indexed at the first page (at the moment of writing this)
    Sincerely,
    'Frash'

I order from managed.com Friday. I entered my credit card info wrong. They have been most polite and helpful, and have been given a time when the server will be ready. So far I'm pleased.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-11-2004 at 09:18 PM.

Originally posted by elle1961
    I order from managed.com Friday. I entered my credit card info wrong. They have been most polite and helpful, and have been given a time when the server will be ready. So far I'm pleased.
    I have been with Managed.com since January. Aside from the fairly limited, and sometimes late support responses, they have been fairly good.

There's this one tech they have though... he has a hard time typing things grammatically correct... as if English is not his first language or even that important of a language to him or what

They need support forums, and then I think much improvement will be seen.

Please Note: ONLY go with Managed.com if you are an experienced server manager. The claim management but don't really deliver that aspect...

And if you order their cPanel option, the company they go through (Softwareworks.com) has no website right now because it is being redesigned or something, so you can really only get support for cpanel from http://forums.cpanel.net

~Garrett

BTW Google up the query "AITCom" and you'll see this page is indexed at the first page (at the moment of writing this)
    LOL... Classic!! I have got to check that out.

Bailey

hahahahahahaha

Excellent!

Bailey

managed.com is so unorganized. i ordered a server on the 6th and they never processed it. i tried to contact them numerous times and they stated they would not process it and cancel the order. they friggin billed me anyways after stating they would not. they never even provisioned a server. horrible!

I have an AIT server right now, and I was oringinally hosting a CS (HLDS) server on it, and some other little stuff, it was working fine then, but after i decided to move over some of my sites (about 20+) and email, the thing has gone down hill. I noticed a drop in bandwidth about a week or two before i moved my sites but i thought it was just temperary. but right at this moment, i'm downloading something from the server, and i'm getting like 30k/s and nothing else is going on on the server. I monitor the bandwidth and its just not doing what it used to be able to. plus i've run a number of dslreport.com speed tests and they are all horrible, like 1mb down and 50k/s up! thats crap for having a max of 1TB a month, @ 1TB a month i should be able to send and receive around 300k/s combine. and thats what I was getting initially. Also now i'm having problems with the machine and I cant just reformat, they want to charge me like 150$ to do that. and I think i'm in a contract, so i cant get out, but i'm about to call them and bitch until the sun dont shine, cause now i have production stuff on there and its not play time anymore. BLAH.

you got a tough call on your hands for companies with repuations, good luck and may the force be with you
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

lol you guys rock... I ask for feedback and nobody replies, now I said we bought a server there and the floodgates are open
    Sincerely,
    'Frash'

______UPDATE 14 May_________________________
    We also used this box for gaming purposes and the lag is unbearable. We lost almost all players and alot people complain about the connection.
    If you are planning to buy an AIT server don't. We will drop them a line about this hoping it get solved. If it doesn't we will ask for a refund. This is unbearable slow and unstable.
    (FYI I am an experienced HLDS administrator, it isn't the config, it also gives timeouts with pings)
    Sincerely,
    'Frash'

heh. :-\ Best of luck to you Frash, I hope they work it out fast -- and refund your $$ if you request it. Yeesh, what a tough spot to be in.

Bailey

Originally posted by bithost(NET)
    heh. :-\ Best of luck to you Frash, I hope they work it out fast -- and refund your $$ if you request it. Yeesh, what a tough spot to be in.

Bailey
    Indeed Bailey, if time travelling would be possible...
    Sincerely,
    'Frash'

______UPDATE 14 May_________________________
    We also used this box for gaming purposes and the lag is unbearable. We lost almost all players and alot people complain about the connection.
    If you are planning to buy an AIT server don't. We will drop them a line about this hoping it get solved. If it doesn't we will ask for a refund. This is unbearable slow and unstable.
    (FYI I am an experienced HLDS administrator, it isn't the config, it also gives timeouts with pings)
    Keep in mind after 30 days have passed from the time the server was up, your supposidly in a contract, but i am not 100% sure that stands firm because they are having some upstream issues right now and i told them i wanted to know if i could move and not be in a contract and the guy said yes, but to hold out a little longer that they would fix it. but eh, once i get my other server up and running at my old work, i'm moving all my stuff back.

Anyone in florida want a Quad Xeon PIII 550? lol