* No Reply From Apollohosting.com

Well, I'm still in search for a good host, and in my search, I'm sad that Apollohosting.com hasn't replied to any of my pre-sale e-mails...

Basically, about two weeks ago I sent them an e-mail inquiring about CPU usage policies and whether or not they offered a non-profit discount. Simple enough I figured. Well, no response. I sent a follow-up last week, and still no response...

It's too bad too, because I was on the verge of signing up with them, but this has pretty much changed my mind.

Has anyone else had this problem with apollohosting.com?

Have you tried calling them by phone?

Or live chat is offered via their site too?
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Keep on trying

Re: No Reply From Apollohosting.com

Called them? Live chat?
    Well, no, I haven't. I purposely only sent an e-mail. I did the same thing with a few other hosts as well. The other hosts responded within a day. I was basically "testing" them, to see how quickly they responded.

Do you think this is an unfair way to assess their service?

You can try the host quote.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

Re: Re: No Reply From Apollohosting.com

Originally posted by phatmass
    Well, no, I haven't. I purposely only sent an e-mail. I did the same thing with a few other hosts as well. The other hosts responded within a day. I was basically "testing" them, to see how quickly they responded.

Do you think this is an unfair way to assess their service?
    No, I dont think its unfair but I am quite surprised that you never got a response.
    Maybe they have just grown too much at this point (Im not sure and I am not affiliated with apollo) but it just surprises me that you followed up with them and still got no response over that length of time.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Re: Re: Re: No Reply From Apollohosting.com

Originally posted by Martie
    No, I dont think its unfair but I am quite surprised that you never got a response.
    Maybe they have just grown too much at this point (Im not sure and I am not affiliated with apollo) but it just surprises me that you followed up with them and still got no response over that length of time.
    It suprises me too. I actually use a company affiliated with Apollo, Infinityhost.com (I think Apollo is their parent company), and am quite satified with their service... So I'm kinda stuck as to why the parent company of a good company has worse response times than their "child". haha

If a company hasn't responded to a pre-sales e-mail in two weeks, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

I don't think that is an unfair way to test companies if it is the main way you plan to communicate with them. But I suppose it's possible that for whatever reason they never received your emails. We recently got a call from a long-time customer of ours who was wondering about us, because he never got a reply to the email he sent a couple weeks ago. Turns out the email was never successfully sent. (We never got the message, and it was stuck in his "outgoing messages".)

It's a tough call, because, if you asked them and they claimed they never got them, you could only be taking their word for it.
    JC, www.webii.net
    Premium Hosting Services Since 1996
    Custom Development- www.webxess.net

That very well could possibly happen, but yet again it could possibly of not happened.

It's a tough call, because, if you asked them and they claimed they never got them, you could only be taking their word for it.
    True. The thing is, it was sent in the middle of other e-mails to other hosts--which all replied back. I even double checked that I was sending it to the correct address. So, if they didn't get it, then they didn't get it most likely because of a problem they are having. Which isn't good anyway. haha

Oh well, it figures that the host with the package that best suites my needs would be the one that wouldn't reply. This web hosting research is a full time job! It seems like every time I find the perfect host (ie - lunarpages, Cinix) they end up allowing adult content, so I can't use them. Then, when I find a host that doesn't allow adult content, I already have my standards set high by the hosts I researched that do... haha. This sucks.

There is no "Right Host," there is only the right host for you.

maybe they didnt like you?

i get emails from potential clients that i dont write back, or ill send them an affiliate link to somewhere else.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens
    maybe they didnt like you?
    Maybe they just don't like the way you smell?

walk

No response to a pre-sales inquiry should be a good indication of bad customer service. Businesses are motivated to contact their prospective customers, so if that are not getting back to you you can only imagine what their tech support and billing department going to be.

Originally posted by cybexhost1
    Maybe they just don't like the way you smell?
    im being serious

just because someone inquires, doesnt mean i want to take them on as a client

there can be several reasons, maybe their tone? maybe their line of questioning, maybe the kind of site they have??

could be a lot of things

Their tone in an e-mail?

ya...

dont tell me youve never "heard" it

lol

or here is a good example...

hey yo sup..

i want to host with you but what the hell, youre chargin 11.99 for the same sh!t i can get somewhere else for 5.00! also, my mom wont let me use her credit card so can i trade for something? ive got a lot of mp3s i want to get online so WRITE ME BACK NOW! jus hollah!

I think not replying on a sales inquiry is rude. Even if you are not interested in providing them service, you never know what could result from a positive response.

well, it happens all the time

email 10 hosts at random and see what happens...

ok...Lauren, that makes a good point. I posted before i saw your last post .... if you are familiar with old Gilda Ratner from Saturday Night Live.... NEVERMIND

yes since i dont require credit cards or paypal, i get ALL KINDS!

I understand why someone would rather not service a certain type of customer (usually I get that feeling if I suspect the pre-sale is someone with ill-intentions, like TOS violating), but I think it is still in the company's best interest to respond to the email. Even if it's just to say, "I apologize that we will not be able to fulfill your needs at this time. Best of luck with your search." Something like that will at minimum show that you are professional and honest. On the flipside, not responding can result in negative feedback (ie: is the company flaky, are they ignoring me?)

Sometimes, like with persons whose first language is not English, an email might appear confusing or questionable, but if you make the assumption that they aren't worth responding to, you might have just passed up a completely legitimate customer.
    JC, www.webii.net
    Premium Hosting Services Since 1996
    Custom Development- www.webxess.net

Well, I did indicate to them that it was a religious non-profit site, and like I said before, inquired about a discount. My tone was definitely anything but rude, and actually probably quite pleasing. haha

I would think if they didn't want me as a client, and especially considering that I even mentioned to them that I already host a few small, low traffic sites with their sister company (Infinityhost.com) , they could at least reply and let me know that I should look somewhere else.

I wonder how much they are actually affiliated with Infinityhost, as the latter gives great service.

there is every possibility that the email got lost.

it happens all the time!