Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriot Act II

Patriot Act II

The Patriot act II is now in in congress . the link is a 12 MB link with the in senate analysis in the beginning and the bill itself at the end. this draft was not supposed to be public until made into law. thus its marked "confidential- not for distribution.

Comments by By Mr. DASCHLE (for himself, Mr. Leahy, Mr. Biden, Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Schumer, Mr. Durbin, Mrs. Clinton, Mrs. Murray, Mr. Dayton, Mr. Corzine, and Mr. Reed)

Among other things ,it provides for dna anlysis,and retention of dna records by the FBI of suspected(but not convicted) terrorists. it also redefines a terrorist as anyone who commits a violent crime.

According to:
    Infowars (They have a write up on it (take it as you see it))

Public Integrity (They have a write up on it as well. they also offer the file split into portions for those on dial up.)

I recommend reading the .pdf file before commenting. the analysis was done in-house by a member of congress. i dont know who...Regardless this is not good news,its just another example of how our rights and freedoms are being taken away!!!

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Re: Patriot Act II

Originally posted by The Dude
    I recommend reading the .pdf file before commenting. the analysis was done in-house by a member of congress. i dont know who...Regardless this is not good news,its just another example of how our rights and freedoms are being taken away!!!
    Are there Cliff Notes for this? No way I am going to read 120 of Government Legal writing.. Also I don't remember hearing about this in the news anywhere... The PDF is not digitally signed or protected. Something "Confidential" that got out would be a BIG ongoing story...
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Re: Re: Patriot Act II

Originally posted by Trifolic
    Also I don't remember hearing about this in the news anywhere...
    You should find a new news source -- it's being heavily covered. For example:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr...&q=patriot+act
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Re: Re: Re: Patriot Act II

Originally posted by JayC
    You should find a new news source -- it's being heavily covered. For example:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr...&q=patriot+act
    Thats the exact news source that I use! But I don't see anything about a Confidential Draft being leaked. I haven't seen it on CNN or Fox News.

The US government is usually very good at keeping secrets and keeping stuff from leaking out. And when stuff does get out, its all over the news on TV. I haven't seen or heard anything about it.. That was my point..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Re: Re: Patriot Act II

Are there Cliff Notes for this? No way I am going to read 120 of Government Legal writing.. Also I don't remember hearing about this in the news anywhere... The PDF is not digitally signed or protected. Something "Confidential" that got out would be a BIG ongoing story...
    The problem with reading "cliff notes" is that you are reading someone else's take on it. So no matter whose you read, it will be biased one way or another, and be missing information you may wish to know.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Patriot Act II

Thats the exact news source that I use! But I don't see anything about a Confidential Draft being leaked. I haven't seen it on CNN or Fox News.
    Sorry, it wasn't clear reading you post that you were talking specifically about that aspect of it. I thought you were saying you hadn't seen anything about revisions to or reauthorization of the Patriot Act!
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

well all I know is the Patriot Act was bad enough I know Patriot Act 2 wont be any better.
    I am back....

Maybe the Patriot Act was just a test to see if they could get away with it. I woulnt be surprised if the next one allows Bush to take control of Congress and do away with elections.

Some will say "that will not and cannot happen, there are laws against it."

Well, they used to say you couldnt be President without getting elected into office...that was and is currently the law...but guess what, Bush did it..

The Patriot Act just shows what a bunch of idiots we have in Congress. How the hell can they be stupid enough to pass a bill without being allowed to read it???!!!

Next they will be requiring all of us to have a computer chip in our head or wrist for identification.. I mean why not. As you can see, the Patriot Acts are slowly doing away with our freedoms and rights. So forget invasion of privacy, evidently the government will be immune.
    Last edited by Webdude; 04-26-2004 at 07:01 PM.

well the patriot act goes against the bill of rights for one. Invation of privacy, and lack of trust.
    I am back....

And you know what is really sad? There is absolutely nothing we can do about it. We stood by and let it happen, now it's probably too late. Since the government dealt with the various militia around the country before the terrorist issue, I think the government pretty much has it's bases covered..

Yes it could be to late (thought their could be a chance still). The government now these days think anyone is against them if they post anything bad about it, try to protest.
    I am back....

If they pass this I need to move. Anyone in Canada have a spare bed? Wait.....Does anyone on a Carribean Island have a spare bed?

I find it funny they say they are fighting for freedom, but yhet taking the US citizens freedom away at the same time?

Though America is to blame for this to happen (well not all, but for part). If American's stood up and said "No" then we might not be in this spot.
    I am back....

I don't know what to say, our country will soon be what the Nazi nation could have been... If Bush could, he would run our country like a Fascist, well, regime.

Originally posted by Webdude
    The Patriot Act just shows what a bunch of idiots we have in Congress. How the hell can they be stupid enough to pass a bill without being allowed to read it???!!!
    It has always been my belief that they simply choose not to read it, where did you hear they are not allowed to read it?
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

I dont know about the majority, but if the government starts taking away rights, pissing on the Constitution, and all that.....

well, I think there will be some rogue governments, police departments, even military. It would be anarchy and civil war all over again. Most military will protect the people rather than a dictatorship. Those in it for a carreer will say "It's my job, I have to do what I am told" while patriots and loyalists will seperate and form their own groups. It's too bad the feds would still control the nukes, armory, and everything else that would give them the advantage.

Just one thing that would cause a problem for them....that's the fact that most homes in America have guns, and are well stocked on ammo. The people are just as armed as the military...lol

Flamethrower? Bomb? Hell we can build those out of stuff you can get at walmart

Originally posted by PCplayground
    It has always been my belief that they simply choose not to read it, where did you hear they are not allowed to read it?
    That was a well known fact. They were hogwashed into it making it seem there was no time for debate. In political talk, it meant that if there were a debate, and another tragedy happened, that those who chose to debate the issue would be responsible. So they passed it without ever seeing it. I didnt mean they were forcefully not allowed to see it, just not given the time to do so. They voted before it ever being handed out to them.

I'm sure after reading up, there were at least a few of our super bright elected that felt like real crap. Because of that, hopefully #2 will never happen.

And you know what is really sad? There is absolutely nothing we can do about it.
    In a democracy there's always something that you can do.
    Register to vote, and tell to your friends to do it.
    If you don't like who's on charge, show it in the elections.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

LOL, you mean like how Bush lost the election, but still got in? Maybe you need to re-read ALL my posts in this thread to understand where my comment, that you quoted, came from.

LOL, you mean like how Bush lost the election, but still got in? Maybe you need to re-read ALL my posts in this thread to understand where my comment, that you quoted, came from.
    Man only stupid people who can't read the constitution or don't know how our voting system works say that. I don't like Geroge Bush at all but he still won the election fair and square.

This is just another example of how we are losing our rights AND VERY QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!

Pretty soon speaking out about our govt. will be a terroistic act i think!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK ITS TIME TO GOTO SOUTH AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

The Dude

Originally posted by dk2
    Man only stupid people who can't read the constitution or don't know how our voting system works say that. I don't like Geroge Bush at all but he still won the election fair and square.
    As far as I know, he won with the help of his daddy's friends at the suppreme court, who suspended the recount of the votes at florida.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I find it interesting that bush seems so confident with saying he'll "Be here another 4 years" Makes ya think he's gonna try to f**k with the counts again to win!!!!!!!

The Dude

I fully understand what you mean, but what you think is a tendence "globally", don't let them (politicians) make you believe that there is nothing that you can do. That's what they want to make you believe.

If you don't like democrats, then vote for republicans, if you think that both are the same sh*t, then vote for the green party, if none of them fill your needs, then get involved in politic. Join a party or create a new one

Well they wouldnt use Nukes on its own country that is for sure it would cause more of an up roar then ever. Though the FBI, CIA, and other groups would help them out alot.

Also with the guns you are correct most people in America (compared to the ones who dont) have guns in their houses, or out side of the house. Where I live most likley 90% if not more have at lease 3 guns in the house . We take care of our people. If some one or some thing hurts a friend we hurt back.

I dont know about the majority, but if the government starts taking away rights, pissing on the Constitution, and all that.....

well, I think there will be some rogue governments, police departments, even military. It would be anarchy and civil war all over again. Most military will protect the people rather than a dictatorship. Those in it for a carreer will say "It's my job, I have to do what I am told" while patriots and loyalists will seperate and form their own groups. It's too bad the feds would still control the nukes, armory, and everything else that would give them the advantage.

Just one thing that would cause a problem for them....that's the fact that most homes in America have guns, and are well stocked on ammo. The people are just as armed as the military...lol

Flamethrower? Bomb? Hell we can build those out of stuff you can get at walmart
    I am back....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast