Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CDG Commerce vs. Electronic Transfer Inc.

Can anyone compare the two? Which is better? I've been looking at them both, but wanted some opinions on the services they both offer. Which is better?
    Derrick Santos Interactive: Technology Solutions
    DS5000.com Server: Internet Solutions
    -------------------------
    Offering Web & Graphic Design, Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Domains & more!

CDG is much better im sure. Never heard of the other.

One main issue I'm considering is support as well. I sent an e-mail on Friday to support@cdg, and it still hasn't been answered (Atlthough they say they have 24/7 support, and the confirmation e-mail said I would receive a reply in 24 hours or less). So this has me slightly concerned. Has anyone else heard of or use Electronic Transfer? (http://www.electronictransfer.com )

Thanks!

CDG Commerce has 4 emails, all found on this site. The email you sent to wasnt the correct one.

The email was sent to support@cdgcommerce.com as well as sales@cdgcommerce.com. I was just shortening it in that post :-)
    Still waiting for a reply from them.

Maybe hes sick in bed? Not sure. Up to him to respond then. Are you sure he recieved it and its not a email error on your part?

Yes, I'm sure. I got an automated email confirmation after I sent the email. But back to my point, can anyone compare both CDG Commerce and Electronic Transfer?

I happen to know the Chris and company at CDG are currently finalizing their move into a new office. I would think that if he is not responding, they may be tied up with that.

You will find that waiting for a response from CDG is very uncommon.

CDG have been exceptional on this forum and in my dealings with them. They have great prices for WHT members found here: http://www.cdgcommerce.com/wht/ and are always willing to answers questions and assist with problems.

Good luck
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

How big is their company? It seems to me that a contingency plan would have been put into place to cover such things as support while a move took place (fyi, I'm not bashing them by any means, just being cautious, as a merchant account is a pretty powerful thing as it deals with incoming income). Anyhow, thanks for the info. As an aside, VanHost, thanks for the merchant account comparisons (I downloaded the excel spreadsheet a few days ago). So you might be the person to ask...have you heard about Electronic Transfer and the FastCharge Gateway?

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I believe that CDG was merging their 2 offices into one, thus, some unexpected delays. I'm sure Chris will be on here to straighten things out when he can.

As for the other company you asked about, no I have not heard of them. Feel free to use my EMAIL button to discuss them though.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Yes, I had talked to Chris and some of their other support staff last week. I had a problem with an application that hadnt gone though their system, but I contacted them via their live support and was able to get the problem solved. All the guys I talked to were extremely helpful and polite. If they havent answered their email, it may be due to this move.

Hello all,

Thanks for the kind words, VanHost and Rhiannon.

One quick question - what support ticket # were you given, ds5000? Please let me know so I can check on that for you... our office migration has been largely completed but we did have one technical snafu with our support center recently but I was not aware that it had impacted any requests.

We do have people checking and responding to support requests seven days a week. E-mails sent to sales@ are usually responded to promptly as well but support requests always take priority.

PM or e-mail me and I will be happy to help you out.

Thanks!
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Hi, thanks I did get the answer and sent you a reply:-) The main reason I started this topic, however, was to compare and to get opinions on CDG Commerce, and Electronic Transfer, Inc. I didn't get any answers about ETI, and no one seems to know anything about them, so I think I probably have my answer with who to go with :-)

Thanks!

I've never heard of the other company, but I just submitted my application to CDG on Friday after doing quite a bit of research, etc...

Chris has always behaved very well on these boards, even when he gets into a fight. haha. Seriously though, there are "cheaper" places to get a merchant/gateway account but when it comes down to it, I'm very willing to pay the tiny extra little bit (his prices are very good!) because Chris/CDG seem to have the support aspect under total control.

Thumbs up

I do agree, he is good at answering the questions. It also speaks volumes that no one has heard of ETI as well. Not saying that they are bad for that, just I'd rather go with someone that is known for being good. :-)

Hi ds5000 -

Go with CDG - Chris is an excellent representative and makes sure all customers are taken care of

my $0.02
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

I'll have to give CDG the thumbs up as well. I've not had any problems with them that they didn't handle on the phone promptly. They have a new online accounting system too that is supposed to let you see all your charges online in real time I believe... haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    Mike Collins
    PDAPhoneHome - Get Converged! : NorthEastFoto - Take a Picture!

thanks for the input :-)

I would NOT do business with Electronic Transfer! If you do, be very careful about who they sign you up with. I paid a $600 sign up fee to go with a company they recommended and actively advertised - Ginix Billing. On my first scheduled payout, I received an email from Ginix stating that they were not going to give me my money and it has been almost a year now! Electronic Transfer was well aware of the problems that were brewing with Ginix, yet they did not inform me and took my money willingly. They have refused to refund any of it back. Be careful!

ETI has been in business since 1989 according to their website. I checked out their BBB review and everything looks good

You must be an affiliate who makes a piece of their sign up fees. Their BB report won't look so good when I through.

If you would take some time to do some research... you can see that there are no sign up fees. And I am not an affiliate of theirs. I have been processing with them for over a year now and have not had any problems. If you run your business properly you should not have problems with your processor. Why did you go with a 3rd party in the first place misshollyann??

Oh, I see. Now the blame is on me for "not running my business properly". I guess the other several hundred merchants who got screwed over by them didn't run their businesses properly either? To answer your question, I went with a 3rd party processor because of Electronic Transfer's recommendations. It's that simple. They were highly effective at marketing these scoundrals and collected very high fees for doing so. I don't know what "research" you are talking about, but Electronic Transfer, Inc DOES collect application fees. I don't really want to get into symantics with you on this. I'm glad you've had an easy experience with them, however, I have not and I think people should be aware of both sides of the coin.

Originally posted by cdgcommerce
    We do have people checking and responding to support requests seven days a week. E-mails sent to sales@ are usually responded to promptly as well but support requests always take priority.
    It might be worth noting that I've tried to contact CDG via the sales address twice in the last week, with no response. Given the number of positive testimonials I've seen here, that may not mean anything... everyone makes mistakes, and I've certainly been known to get behind myself. But I figure it's an experience worth conveying.

--
    Roger Benningfield

Hi Roger,

To address your post, we do indeed answer sales@ e-mails ever day and especially e-mails sent to support@. I see copies of most everything that goes through and can personally attest to that.

However, it is certainly possible that your e-mail to us was somehow spam filtered and not caught. If you can let me know your e-mail address, I would be happy to check on it or better yet, e-mail our support team and they can forward it on to sales.

This has happened in the past a few times and I thought we had solved the problem but if you did e-mail more than once without any response, we may need to adjust things further.

Sorry about any confusion on that and we look forward to speaking with you!
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast