mycorporation.com ?

Curious if anyone has used mycorporation.com to incorporate their business as an LLC, and also if anyone uses them as the registered agent.

Thanks for the replies.
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com

I haven't used them, but they definitely have the most marketing out there. I used an attorney for one of my companies and http://www.companiesinc.com for the other. The attorney was too expensive, took way too long, and pretty much did the exact same thing. If I decide to have a third, I'm going with Companies Inc.

Thanks for the reply, at least someone out of the 101 views replied.

Anyone else care to?
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com

I used them once (and had no problems), but then I found that I was paying someone to do something that I could do myself quite easily. All the forms needed to register your business can most likely be found at your local governments webpage in PDF format ready to print out and mail in.

DO NOT go with any company like that to file for LLC.

Contact your states Secretary of State office (for Minnesota it is http://www.sos.state.mn.us try replacing the mn with your state initials)

All I did was print off the PDF form for LLC, filled it out and mailed in $135. 2 weeks later I was an official LLC.

All I did was print off the PDF form for LLC, filled it out and mailed in $135. 2 weeks later I was an official LLC.
    Now that's the ideal bureaucracy. Where I live you have to spend days in queues and yell at officials to be able to solve anything. You ask: what do I need? They tell you about 10 things and they send you in about 10 places to get stamps & seals & signatures on documets. Then you find out that the law just changed and you need to start all over again. Now that's an experience!

I'll be filing for an LLC in Nevada, so I will need to go with a company like mycorporation.com so I can have them be the registered agent, as I don't live in Nevada, so doing it myself is not an option.

Thanks for the replies.
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com

I have incorporated in Nevada, but not filed an LLC before. Go to www.secretaryofstate.biz and you'll find most of what you need - that's Nevada's website.

Nevada also has a list of registered agents that you can get from them via faxback. You can go down the list and call them to find out what they can do for you. On the high end there are people charging $300-$600 or more. On the low end, there's someone on the list charging $35. (Hint - you probably won't like what you get from the lowest priced ones) And somewhere in between you'll probably find a company you are comfortable with. When I checked several years ago it seemed there were quite a few that charged $85 to $125 per year to be your registered agent. That might have changed.

I called several and asked questions until I found someone I was comfortable with that I felt was knowledgeable and would be able to help me from that list.

However, keep this in mind: the list of companies on the faxback is not an entire list of everyone qualified to be a registered agent in Nevada, just a list that those companies have paid the Secretary of State's office to be on (upwards of $900 when I checked several years ago). Just because they're on the list doesn't mean they're "approved" by the state or anything. It's just a starting point.

Also, the state's requirements to file a corporation and/or LLC in Nevada have changed recently. It has gotten more expensive, but then again depending on how you do it their bottom-end has gotten less expensive recently.

P.S. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not pretending to be a lawyer, so WATCH OUT!!! Do your own due diligence and you will probably be fine.

An LLC in Idaho doesn't get any easier... it's one page, you take 10 minutes to fill out and $100.00 and your set. Look for the "Secretary of State" websites for your state and you should find the form.

What is the point of applying to be an LLC or corporation? It's not legally necessary if you have no physical "office", is it?

I literally have just about no budget, except for the server(s) itself, so is there any reason (besides Limited Liability when in debt) to pay the $115 in VA to be a corporation/LLC?

Most small companies run a sole proprietorship. The problem with this is, your business and you are the same thing. Without a seperate entity, if you were to get sued, YOU would be totally responsible for it.

With an LLC, you have less liability if something were to happen. Instead of being able to sue you, they would be required to sue the company (although, in some cases they can sue both you AND the company).

Best way to think of it is the LLC would be seperate from you, whereas a sole proprietorship IS you.

Thanks for the replies.
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com