UK domain registration company

Hi All

I am registered and have a few domains with NameCheap.com as they accept paypal payments which suits me just great. However, many of the domains I wish to transfer are dot co dot uk domains and namecheap do not transfer these domains.

I am therefore looking for a UK equivalent of namecheap.com that will allow me to transfer all of my domains to and pay via paypal. I suppose it doesn't have to be via paypal but I try to keep all my online business transactions through them so I would prefer it.

Does anyone know of a UK domain registrar I could use...?

Thanks
    John - TheMusicMan
    www.themouthpiece.com

We use ukreg.com and have not had any problems, domains are set up instantly. But they don't accept paypal.

123-reg.co.uk
    xreg.com
    freeparking.co.uk

Are some others I know of, but again unsure if any accept paypal. I don't know many big companies that do accept it to be honest so you may have to look to a smaller one but then run the risk of a dodgy service so make sure you research them well.
    Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for this info. It doesn't really have to be PayPal - it's just that I try to use these for all my online purchases etc.

So, does this mean I can transfer all my currently owned dot co dot uk domains to say ukreg (the same co as you) and I will be able to use any host to host my site...? i.e. as I do on namecheap?

If so... wohooo
    John - TheMusicMan
    www.themouthpiece.com

www.123reg.co.uk are brilliant. I'm pretty sure they do what you need.
    Gone.

0.45 per year for a UK domain @ ukreg.com?

0.45 + Nominet charges and probably plus VAT.

UKreg are dire in the support department too
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

At 123reg, it's 0.09 per year + nominet charges (2.50) + VAT = 3.04 per year.

Paid bi-anually (as with all *.uk domains) - comes to around $10 /2 years.

Their control panel is nice too.
    Gone.

www.49reg.co.uk best one that i have ever used

123-reg perhaps but I have had trouble there.

Another big user of 123reg here - though the pricing at the front of the site completely put me off originally - made them look like cowboys, IMO.

Took some recommendations from a trusted source for me to open up there, and now won't turn back. Very simple and easy to use - though I hope they upgrade the site from frames sometime soon.

Hi,

I must second what Brian has said, I *nearly* got sucked into thinking 1 and 1 were one of the best, not speaking from personal experience but I have tried 123-reg, and they have a feel of quality and the aftersales is definitely their, perhaps it is not so fast, eg. you don't get response in an hour, but you do definitely get your replies. I have just been through a learning curve all about DNS, hosting, getting everything sorted out and they were gr8.

Strongly recommend www.123-reg.co.uk