Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There's a current thread at FW that'll I'll just quote:

"...check out www..... and are 5 cents cheaper per month."

Would people REALLY trade off to another host for 5 cents?? DANG!

Thats really not even logical.
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03

Originally posted by KidVI
    dixiesys, if i try them out as a service to all forum users , and decide that they suck, can i get my account back with Dixiesys at the same rate? Also, can you pm me any account upgrades? I have a 400MB, 6GB/Month account for 3.95

Thanks
    No you're on a 2 for 1 (judging by what you listed as your account stats) and if someone cancels an account then they have to re-signup at whatever current specials are offered, and the best deals we give are at www.8-95.com.

As for upgrades we allow old customers to upgrade using the old pricing plans always kinda felt it'd be unfair to change the upgrade prices for old customers even though we changed pricing for new signups. Of course the old style account upgrades aren't covered by the uptime guarantee we offer on the new plans. Though that's probably best covered in Email or a helpdesk ticket for any further information.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by hostpc.com
    There's a current thread at FW that'll I'll just quote:

"...check out www..... and are 5 cents cheaper per month."

Would people REALLY trade off to another host for 5 cents?? DANG!

Thats really not even logical.
    Reading FW and those Anandtech Hot Deals I've come to the conclusion there are people out there who'd waste $50 in aggravation for a $10 mail in rebate so jumping web hosts for $.60 per year in savings wouldn't surprise me at all. Wonder if any of them would like a job doing tech support, I'll gladly pay them $10 for $50 worth of aggravation all day long! Maybe I should post on there "$10 mail in rebate for every 20 tickets answered!" and then send them this bigass 3 page rebate form and require like a printout of each ticket done then reject any that aren't perfect call it "Maxtor Tech Support Services" or something.
    resident grumpy redneck

i'll probably stick with gary and just do some upgrades to my account.

gary, through those hot deals forums, i got a 160GB hard drive for $20 brand new! all it too was a total of 10 minutes to fill out the rebate form! you can often times find some real good deals there!

Originally posted by KidVI
    i'll probably stick with gary and just do some upgrades to my account.

gary, through those hot deals forums, i got a 160GB hard drive for $20 brand new! all it too was a total of 10 minutes to fill out the rebate form! you can often times find some real good deals there!
    Sure and on the other hand, 2 of the last 4 rebates I sent in were denied because I used a photocopy instead of the original reciept. I don't have time to deal with the crap so I have a "screw rebates unless I just can't resist" policy now
    resident grumpy redneck

thats exactly how i am gary! which is why i was willing to sink, and succesfully hget that 160gb!

Originally posted by bluzman32
    Ya, the downtime was bad. I asked their support about it and they said this, "Our site downtime did not affect any of the hosting servers. We were just increasing our security and firewall settings."

And the setup probably doesnt take a week, just in my case because I dont like using credit cards for companies I'm not sure about so I used a money order. (mail is slow...)
    FYI- I just signed up for an account on ace-host.net , and their terms/user agreement states that users aren't entitled to any 30 day refund if paying by any other method than credit card. I hope you're happy with the service when it starts!

Also noted in the terms agreement was that the backups their website talks about are essentially voided. The agreement states they don't do backups and can't be held responsible for lost data.

Har har har.

Whaddya expect for $4.00 a month?

-ben

Thumbs up

Well I've been with ace-host.net for 2 weeks so far and I have no problems with them. They have fast ticket support and I haven't had more than a 5 mins of downtime yet. 60 gigs, 2000mb for $6.

nevermind...should read entire thread before asking dumb questions..lol.

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    I'll gladly pay them $10 for $50 worth of aggravation all day long! Maybe I should post on there "$10 mail in rebate for every 20 tickets answered!"
    Not gonna say anything..nope...keeping my mouth shut...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12