Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question FreeMasons... Do they REALLY exist?

Hi,

Does anyone have more information about it?

I believe there is ample proof available of their existence but yet most of the people either dont know about them or dont want to know about them?

Anyone here a freemason? and would like to tell us more about it

They are sworn to secrecy, but sure, I know about 10-15 of them.

I know about 10-15 of them
    Are they highly successful people? They should be because freemasons would not allow average peope to step in..

Kind of interesting, but I am sure there aren't more than a handful of people.

I may be wrong... But that's just my guess.

My girlfriends father was a Freemason.
    Luke
    oh yeah...

Is MJ a freemason?

i know a few freemasons, the "sworn to secrecy" is a little old now but they still stick to the rituals (non bloody ones ) and their work is mostly for charities.

They still have their meals etc... their events and one of the other main reasons is for inter-business trading, a businessman can actually be very successful simply because they are a freemason!
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting™

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    Is MJ a freemason?
    Michael Jackson? I thought he was becoming/become a Muslim.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Michael Jackson? I thought he was becoming/become a Muslim.
    Nope, that is all a media crap... I think he is one because i have seen his interest in those masks they were showing in his famous documentary.

Plus although i am not sure but i think only whites can become freemasons and probably that could be the reason behind MJ's skin color change. It is possible....

It is also believed that america's first president was a freemason and there is a reason as why there is an "eye" (symbol o freemasonary) on the dollar bill...very strange stuff..

Last edited by justwandr; 04-25-2004 at 04:27 AM.

ok lets stick to the topic of freemasons only please and not drag it on to another....

Does anyone know how to join them? I sure won't mind joining them

feather, its usually by invitation only! afaik
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting™

Originally posted by feather

Dear feather,

I hope you are just joking.

I encourage anyone to read the excellent book by William J. Car (I am not sure of the spelling), 'Pieces of stones on the chessboard'. I got the Arabic translation of this book. I am not sure what exactly its name in English.

Freemasons, have a mission, which is building the Temple of Solieman, paving the way to the long awaited Messiah, according to their religion. Masons means buliders, that is why you see their logo as the letter G, for Geometry, and tools of geometry. So, free masons, means free builders.

Regards,

Ahmed
    Ahmed Ghazi
    Nozol.com - We host your dreams

wat is a Free Mason? A mulsim

Originally posted by Bub Host
    wat is a Free Mason? A mulsim
    On the contrary, Freemasonary is against Islam and against the human race in general. A lot of former masons spoke about their plans, like the book that I mentioned above.

Regards,

Ahmed
    Ahmed Ghazi

Ahmed, making that sort of argument is like a Christian arguing that all Islam is against the human race in general.

Don't believe everything you read or hear. It was one book. There's a lot of ignorance, misinformation, and plain hate lit out there.

The free masons I know are very successful people, let me make it simple there might have been one in the group I know that was making less than 100k/year. I don't know all their purpose and intent, but when I was younger when they needed things on the computer I would type them out, that included their budget(I don't think they knew that I was smart enough to know that that was at the time, I was only 8-10) but it was about 60%+ to local charities, food banks, good samaritan, goodwill, a medical clinic designated for offseting costs of people that could not afford services; so in short, they did some good things, I don't know what the rest of the budget was, because it was laid out like and other business budget.

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    Nope, that is all a media crap... I think he is one because i have seen his interest in those masks they were showing in his famous documentary.

Do you really have any proof of that?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I have no clue who they be lol i was thinking more abt the movie skulls :-d hey give me a key to nice car a hot chick lol i am pretty fine with that just kiddin...

Originally posted by I, Brian
    Ahmed, making that sort of argument is like a Christian arguing that all Islam is against the human race in general.

Don't believe everything you read or hear. It was one book. There's a lot of ignorance, misinformation, and plain hate lit out there.
    Thank you so much for your advice. However, I read many books about masonery, and most of those books were authored by people who were masonics and they got out after they knew the real intensions of it.

From what I read, masonery is organized in a pyramid style system, with 33 levels of membership. Usually, people of the lower levels, do not know the true doctrine behind masonery. Those people get the feeling that they are doing good and charity and so on.

Whereas, in the upper levels, people get to know the real purpose behind it, and the honest of them start to leave and write books. Most of those were killed because they got the secrect out.

Modern masonery have people in all religions, most of those do not know the real thing, as they enter through the lower level membership.

This information is besed upon what I read so far. I met a lot of lower level masonery, which are part of other famous international masonery clubs like Rotary and Lions and inner wheel and the sort, most of the people that I met are successful people who enter the system in good intent. But looking deep into their thoughts, you will find a lot of them being a little brainwashed about some of the most important issues of life.

All of the above is in my humple opinion.

Best regards,

Ahmed
    Ahmed Ghazi

Originally posted by nozol
    . . . But looking deep into their thoughts, you will find a lot of them being a little brainwashed about some of the most important issues of life.
    So pretty much like any other religion?

Some one stated that you had to be white to join.. that is incorrect.

You Must be a free man, of legal age and have a belief in a higher power.

If you want to join the freemasons, Look up the lodge in your local area and talk to some-one.

You will never be invited, Masonry prohibits active recruitment.

You must be a man, at least 19 years old.
    You must have a belief in a Supreme Being of any faith. (No particular religion or faith is required or excluded; all are welcome.)
    You should be someone who does, or wants to learn to, enjoy the company of other men from all different social classes, faiths, backgrounds, races, countries, etc. Masonry is universal in its ideals.
    You should be coming to Masonry "of your own free will and accord", to learn to improve yourself and to enjoy the company of other good people, not because someone keeps pestering you to join or because you think it will help you "get ahead" in business.
    You must be loyal to our country, a law abiding citizen and of good character.
    You must ask to join. Many Masons whom you may come in contact with, may think you'd make a good Mason, but they will NOT ask you to join, you must ASK them.
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

http://www.masonicinfo.com/contents.htm

This is one of the best sitres that i have ever seen in re: to Free Masonry.

As always look at both sides of things if you are trying to make an informed opinion.
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

The clintons are free masons

Its my understanding The clintons are freemasons, Hillary is a higher ranking member then bill is.

I know a woman who is a religious fanatic that claims freemasons boreders on wicthcraft and dveilworshiping ike aleister crowley type stuff. Sacrafices and all

Anyone hear the same ?
    Originally posted by amd_duron
    The free masons I know are very successful people, let me make it simple there might have been one in the group I know that was making less than 100k/year. I don't know all their purpose and intent, but when I was younger when they needed things on the computer I would type them out, that included their budget(I don't think they knew that I was smart enough to know that that was at the time, I was only 8-10) but it was about 60%+ to local charities, food banks, good samaritan, goodwill, a medical clinic designated for offseting costs of people that could not afford services; so in short, they did some good things, I don't know what the rest of the budget was, because it was laid out like and other business budget.

Actually, A freemason is only required to Believe in A HIGHER POWER, IIRC. I don't think they make any distinction between different religions at all.

Granted, I've only read about this in books on the subject.

On the contrary, Freemasonary is against Islam and against the human race in general. A lot of former masons spoke about their plans, like the book that I mentioned above.

Regards,

Ahmed
    -= System Administrator Windows/Linux - MCDST, MCP =-
    www.VETCOELECTRONICS.com

Re: The clintons are free masons

Originally posted by peilo
    Hillary is a higher ranking member then bill is.
    Ummm not likely ..

You Must be a free man ....

This is a fraternity. a brotherhood if you will.

There are affiliations with Womens groups like the Eastern Star's but a woman CANNOT be a Mason.
    [url]I got nothing/url]

MikeM is correct, nozol is completely wrong.

You must have a clean family (and personal) history in order to advance to higher levels;
    you must learn (and memorize) several masonic texts and ideals before you are able to join;
    it helps greatly if you have direct ancestors who were Masons;
    in some places, a university degree is required to join or advance to high levels;
    contributions are compulsory, which is why you get help in your business;
    it is easier to advance if you are a business-owner (or investor) instead of a worker;
    your membership is not guaranteed, if you screw up, you're out (after an investigation);

Anyone remember the Simpsons episode about the "stonecutters"? I'm fairly sure that Matt Groening is a FreeMason, himself, and so he pokes a laugh at em in the ep. Anyways, from everything I've ever read 'bout the masons, MikeM seems way on the right track, and I'm not even going to ask where nozol gets his info.

Who controls the British crown?
    Who keeps the metric system down?
    We do! We do!
    Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
    Who keeps the martians under wraps?
    We do! We do!
    Who holds back the electric car?
    Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
    We do! We do!
    Who robs the cave fish of their sight?
    Who rigs every Oscars night?
    We do! We do!
    Cecil Adams [straightdope.com] writes, in 1988:
    Masonry is probably harmless, but I feel it is my duty to stir up doubt. Besides, it's not like you're the first one to hear rumors. The Catholic Church and other major denominations have repeatedly condemned Freemasonry for its allegedly pagan tendencies. For a long time Catholics who became Masons were automatically excommunicated. In 1987 the Anglican Church reaffirmed that Christianity and Masonry were "incompatible."

The origins of Freemasonry are obscure. The best guess is that it's an outgrowth of medieval stonemasons' guilds that began after the mid-1500s. As construction of Gothic cathedrals ceased and the number of real (or "operative") masons began to dwindle, some of the guilds began to accept nonmasons, often members of the upper classes.

These men, called "accepted" masons, enjoyed the ritual and secrecy that in the Middle Ages had been necessary to transmit the skills of the craft and prevent outsiders from horning in. Eventually there were no operative masons at all and Masonry became a kind of fraternity, retaining such trappings of stonemasonry as the apron worn at formal functions and the familiar compass-and-square symbol.

Over the years a long-winded Masonic ritual has grown up, full of cornball references to Knights of the Brazen Serpent and the like. There are also "secret" signs and handgrips, which initiates are never supposed to reveal lest they suffer a fate worse than death. (In reality, books on Masonic rituals can be found in many public libraries.) In shaking hands, for example, a Master Mason will press his thumb between the other guy's second and third knuckles, thereby identifying himself to initiates while leaving others clueless.

Clerical objections to Freemasonry are based in part on its quasi-religious overtones. In the ceremonies open to members of lower degree (there are 33 degrees, or ranks, in all), reference is made to the Great Architect of the Universe, whom initiates are encouraged to think of as the God of their own religion.

If and when they climb a little farther up the ladder, however, they learn that the real name of the Great Architect is Jahbulon. According to British journalist Stephen Knight, Jahbulon is a combination of the names Jahweh; Baal, the god of the Canaanites, whom the Jews regarded as false; and Osiris, the god of the Egyptians. Ergo, Freemasons are pagans.

This accusation shocks most Masons, few of whom take the rituals literally, at least in English-speaking countries. (French lodges reportedly are more openly atheistic.) Masonic apologists argue that Jahbulon represents a sort of primitive ecumenism. But leaders of established churches recoil at the suggestion that their conception of the godhead is no more valid than that of the golden idol crowd.

Another (and to the nonreligious, more serious) charge made against Freemasonry is that it is a conspiratorial self-help society whose members look out for one another to the detriment of non-Masons. In some areas so many big shots belong that Masonry has become a kind of parallel Establishment, and it is widely assumed that members get first crack at jobs, preferential legal treatment (many cops and judges are "on the square," as the Masonic saying goes), and so on. The extreme example of this is Italy's infamous P-2 lodge, whose members included hundreds of prominent officials, some of whom traded confidential information, influenced government decisions, and pulled strings for one another.

American Masons have included such prominent figures as Gerald Ford and Robert Dole, meaning we had an all-Masonic presidential ticket in 1976. Nonetheless, there has been little concern recently about excessive Masonic influence in this country. This is not the case in countries such as England, where Masons constitute a much larger percentage of the population. Knight's expose, The Brotherhood, created a sensation in 1983 and no doubt was partly responsible for the Anglican crackdown.

Personally I think it's all paranoia. But next time you're in London you might want to press between the knuckles when shaking hands and periodically intone "so mote it be." Maybe it won't help. But who knows?
    Last edited by Xshare; 04-28-2004 at 05:18 PM.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Originally posted by feather
    Ask one... Anyone who is a mason would be happy to fill you in. The lodge halls are usually listed in the phone book.

If you still have no luck in contacting someone, PM me. I happen to be one as well as my father, and my grandfather, and most of my uncles.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Originally posted by amd_duron

You are correct... The main purpose and activity of the organization in modern times is helping out those in need. Actually it is a sworn duty of a mason.
    Jeremy Johnstone

Thank you so much for your advice. However, I read many books about masonery, and most of those books were authored by people who were masonics and they got out after they knew the real intensions of it.

From what I read, masonery is organized in a pyramid style system, with 33 levels of membership. Usually, people of the lower levels, do not know the true doctrine behind masonery. Those people get the feeling that they are doing good and charity and so on.

Whereas, in the upper levels, people get to know the real purpose behind it, and the honest of them start to leave and write books. Most of those were killed because they got the secrect out.

Modern masonery have people in all religions, most of those do not know the real thing, as they enter through the lower level membership.

This information is besed upon what I read so far. I met a lot of lower level masonery, which are part of other famous international masonery clubs like Rotary and Lions and inner wheel and the sort, most of the people that I met are successful people who enter the system in good intent. But looking deep into their thoughts, you will find a lot of them being a little brainwashed about some of the most important issues of life.

All of the above is in my humple opinion.

Best regards,

Ahmed

I am not sure where you have been doing your research, but I can definitely tell you have been reading mostly very old propaganda (usually put out by the Catholic Church which historically was against Masonry). I myself am a 32nd degree mason, my father is a KCCH (halfway between a 32nd and 33rd), and my grandfather is a 33rd degree mason. I can assure you that there isn't anything negative or bad about the fraternity, and certainly isn't any "brainwashing" or anything even remotely similar. If you want accurate information, I would be happy to point you to accurate information which is publicly available.
    Last edited by Jeremy Johnstone; 04-28-2004 at 05:58 PM.
    Jeremy Johnstone

Originally posted by jsjohnst
    I am not sure where you have been doing your research, but I can definitely tell you have been reading mostly very old propaganda (usually put out by the Catholic Church which historically was against Masonry). I myself am a 32nd degree mason, my father is a KCCH (halfway between a 32nd and 33rd), and my grandfather is a 33rd degree mason. I can assure you that there isn't anything negative or bad, and certainly isn't any "brainwashing" or anything even remotely similar.
    Is a higher degree better or worse? and how many are there? (Just wondering)
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]

better or worse?

Well, none of them are "worse". I can tell you the higher the number the higher the status in the fraternity. And yes, 33rd degree is the highest degree you can attain.

For those of you who think Masonry is a bad thing, he are a few names you probably all know who were Masons:

Winston Churchill (british prime minister)
    James Buchanon (US president)
    George Washington (US president)
    Ben Franklin (inventor and also a signer of the DofI)
    Gerald Ford (US president)
    Henry Ford (inventor of the automobile)
    Bob Dole (war veteran / congressman)
    Nat 'King' Cole (musician)
    J. Edgar Hoover (Director of the FBI)
    Reverend Jesse Jackson (American civil rights leader)
    Harry S. Truman (US president)

And as you can see from the list above, being white (like previously commented by someone else) is not a requirement.
    Last edited by Jeremy Johnstone; 04-28-2004 at 06:20 PM.
    Jeremy Johnstone

Originally posted by jsjohnst
    better or worse?

Well, none of them are "worse". I can tell you the higher the number the higher the status in the fraternity. And yes, 33rd degree is the highest degree you can attain.
    Thanks man, good to know.
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]

The FreeMasons are sometimes paired with the Illuminati, other times, they are considered one (the same). Both have roots back deep into the inner circles of celtic druids and the pagan religious leaders of the time. That is why the Catholic Church has always been against them.

Whether they still follow their roots, I cannot say, but it is interesting thinking and discussing secret societies.

Anyone watch the movie "The Skulls"?

Originally posted by amish_geek
    The FreeMasons are sometimes paired with the Illuminati, other times, they are considered one (the same). Both have roots back deep into the inner circles of celtic druids and the pagan religious leaders of the time.
    The ancient masons were builders of the egyptian pyramids for king soloman. Modern Free Masonry originates in England around 1700. Masonry is actually more Christian based than anything else, although all religions and races of men are accepted.
    Last edited by Jeremy Johnstone; 04-28-2004 at 07:22 PM.
    Jeremy Johnstone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast