Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by taketo
    we will see (if you are still going to be around then)
    3 years and still going strong
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

I've only been in business for a month . . .

Yes, it shows.
    . . . and got about 60 customers who paid about 2500 Dollar in total. 10,000 customers is about 12 or 13 a day for two years. That is in fact possible.
    Well, good luck. I give you about 0.5% chance of building a 10,000 client hosting operation.

But don't take it too bad, we all said dumb things when we were starting out, and most folks would have given HTTPme about the same chance of success, so miracles do happen!

Small piece of advice - humble yourself to the larger hosts around you here, who have been there and done that. They will gladly supply you with a fortune worth of free consultancy.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

last 3 business days I got 6 a day so I am getting closer to it.
    Please tell us why you wont release your site URL?
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator
      0 Not allowed!

I didn't say that I am only offering $2 plans. My plans range from $2 to $10. And no, I am not going to tell you my address, sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

If I put 300 clients on a $79 server who pay an average of $4 a month I'll make $14400 a year from the server which costs $950 a year. That is quite good I think... 30 full servers and you make more than $400.000 a year.
    300 clients multiplied by 30 servers. 9000 clients.

One tech per 300 clients. Three techs for each 300 clients to cover 24/7 on eight hour shifts. Say you did minimum wage...

9000 clients divided by 300. That's 30 techs. Three techs for each shift. That's 90 techs. $6.25 times 40 hours for $250 per week per tech. $250 per week times 90 techs. You're laying out $22,500 per week for 52 weeks for a grand total of...

$1,170,000!

However, you're only bringing in $400,000 a year.

Let's not forget about paying server admins. You're not going to get those for $6.25 an hour. How about more like $75-$125 an hour?

We'll not even get into the fact that it is *very* unlikely that you're going to get 300 clients on a $79 box before your server loads go through the roof.

Just hypotheticals of course.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

Yes, it shows.

Well, good luck. I give you about 0.5% chance of building a 10,000 client hosting operation.

But don't take it too bad, we all said dumb things when we were starting out, and most folks would have given HTTPme about the same chance of success, so miracles do happen!

Small piece of advice - humble yourself to the larger hosts around you here, who have been there and done that. They will gladly supply you with a fortune worth of free consultancy. [/B]
    The big companies all have that kind of prices. Think of b-one.net which has 50000 clients at under a dollar and is powered by IBM.

One question, guys: How long do you think it will take until my business will be gone. Please let me know so I can remind you once the time is over.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Coach
    300 clients multiplied by 30 servers. 9000 clients.

One tech per 300 clients. Three techs for each 300 clients to cover 24/7 on eight hour shifts. Say you did minimum wage...

9000 clients divided by 300. That's 30 techs. Three techs for each shift. That's 90 techs. $6.25 times 40 hours for $250 per week per tech. $250 per week times 90 techs. You're laying out $22,500 per week for 52 weeks for a grand total of...

$1,170,000!

However, you're only bringing in $400,000 a year.

Let's not forget about paying server admins. You're not going to get those for $6.25 an hour. How about more like $75-$125 an hour?

We'll not even get into the fact that it is *very* unlikely that you're going to get 300 clients on a $79 box before your server loads go through the roof.

Just hypotheticals of course.

Man, you don't need 1 tech for 300 customers !! I have 60 clients and it takes me 10 minutes a day to handle support questions and all clients are happy. And once their site is going they don't submit support queries anymore. Noone has left me so far.
    I have a site with 120.000 members and the support takes me 5 minutes a day and I am damn sure I can provide support for 10.000 people and the server administration is included in my 100 Dollar server. I do only set up accounts etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Don`t you think this is a tad imature?

As long as you keep your clients happy does it make a difference what you charge?
      0 Not allowed!

I can provide support for 10.000 people and the server administration is included in my 100 Dollar server.
    My laughter has turned to tears.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator
      0 Not allowed!

The big companies all have that kind of prices. Think of b-one.net which has 50000 clients at under a dollar and is powered by IBM.
    It's powered by HP for one. Don't see a plan under a dollar advertised, secondly.

Next, if you actually go to order their one dollar plan and go all the way to checkout, you're actually paying over $50 a year for 125 MB of space and 3 GB of transfer.
      0 Not allowed!

Man, you don't need 1 tech for 300 customers !! I have 60 clients and it takes me 10 minutes a day to handle support questions and all clients are happy. And once their site is going they don't submit support queries anymore. Noone has left me so far.
    I have a site with 120.000 members and the support takes me 5 minutes a day and I am damn sure I can provide support for 10.000 people and the server administration is included in my 100 Dollar server. I do only set up accounts etc.
    Sure, you can handle that when there are no problems (since you're only a month old remember). What happens though when that big problem arises and suddenly you are swamped with emails, live support requests and phone calls? I've seen CSR centers with 20 people get overwhelmed with 25,000 emails. One person with 10K... well... if you say you can handle it, more power to you.
      0 Not allowed!

Don't discourage him, when he closes up shop his clients will wisen up and we will get them!
      0 Not allowed!

One question, guys: How long do you think it will take until my business will be gone. Please let me know so I can remind you once the time is over.
    For that to be a fair question - give us your URL, so we can watch it. If we don't know your URL, how can we know if you are still operational? So putup or shutup.

Given your inablity to be humble, and your laughable statements (10,000 clients = little level of support), I'll give you a year tops.

Now if you actually humble yourself (yes this requires a certian level of wisdom and maturity), and listen to the hosts who have gone before you and learned the hard lessons, instead of being a know-it-all, then you might extend that beyond a year, and actually create a successful hosting operation.

Right now, you've been running a month, and have no idea but to think, server cost = $X/mth, so 300 clients @ $X/mth = business model. You'll learn that there's way more to it than that, and learn the hard way I think you must.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Your arrogance is hurting your business. Seasoned proffesionals, who have a LOT MORE experience in the industry than you are offering you advice for free but through your arrogance, you are not listening to this advice.

You would do very well to consider the advice that is being offered in this thread. It may even give you a chance of success.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

Ive been on WHT reading everything I possibly can about anything I possibly can about web hosting.

And Ive read more "hypathetical situations" than you could believe.

ie: "If I put 300 clients on a $79 server who pay an average of $4 a month I'll make $14400 a year from the server which costs $950 a year. That is quite good I think... 30 full servers and you make more than $400.000 a year."

Dont get me wrong im not complaining or anything, I think its hilarious. I have already learned a shitload of knowledge from these forums and im grateful. But people just like to think of what they could get or wish they had. But truth is im the same way, I found myself doing it the other day..

heh, I thought it was kinda funny..
      0 Not allowed!

I just want to know where to get 10,000 clients that never submit a support ticket?

Heck I got one guy that submits 2 a day just to ask which way the wind is blowing.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Techark
    I just want to know where to get 10,000 clients that never submit a support ticket?

Heck I got one guy that submits 2 a day just to ask which way the wind is blowing.
    It totally doesn't take into effect what happens in those periods of rough times, either. A nice outage can have the same volume of tickets or more than a month of regular hosting. By watching others, it seems like this is where everything goes all wonky.

How many hosts have we seen fold here once their 'fully managed' server has hardware problems? Or gets hacked?

Usually we end up hearing stories about how the host couldn't be contacted, everythings gone, etc...
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by thedavid
    It totally doesn't take into effect...
    Sheesh David you are pretty harsh. Just because he can not think doesn't mean you have to dehumanize him.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Amdac
    My laughter has turned to tears.
    John Heslop
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by PCplayground
    Sheesh David you are pretty harsh. Just because he can not think doesn't mean you have to dehumanize him.

I meant his plan, silly...
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Techark

Their will be a time when you can/will reply with "out your rear end"
      0 Not allowed!

He is so "confident" and arrogant with himself, but wont give us his url, wow sounds like a winner!
      0 Not allowed!

Hey I think i figured out what his website is:
    http://www.prackhost.com

i found that from one of his other posts
      0 Not allowed!

If I put 300 clients on a $79 server who pay an average of $4 a month I'll make $14400 a year from the server which costs $950 a year. That is quite good I think... 30 full servers and you make more than $400.000 a year.
    If he can pull that off, and handle 10.000 users by his self.... I got some ocean front property in Arizona
    YourDotComPeople.com Hosting And Web Design For Small Businesses!

YourHostPeople.com
    Your Hosting Company!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by propcgamer
    Hey I think i figured out what his website is:
    http://www.prackhost.com

i found that from one of his other posts

That's him, he was asking about the computer graphic in the top left hand column in another thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast